Monster Hunter Tri : Traps

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ritsuki, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Ritsuki
    OP

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Hi,

I want to capture a Great Jaggi, but I can't figure how to make shock traps and "tranquilizer bombs/grenades" (I don't know if the name's correct, I play in french) [​IMG] Which items are needed and where can I find them ?

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. saison

saison GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    United States
    You want to yourself? Or you want to catch one in a quest? By yourself, you need trap sets and you need to combine that with other items (don't remember most) to create a trap.

Like trap set + net = pitfall trap [​IMG]

3. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
  4. Ritsuki
    OP

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Thanks [​IMG]

EDIT : Which trap is the most efficient ?

5. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Personally, shock traps. However, certain traps don't work on certain monsters.

6. Berioth

Berioth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2010
    Brazil
    pitfall lasts longer but you cant hit tail, for capturing pitfall is better, but it cant be used underwater, so if your going to capture a lagriacus later on(which IS a mission) u need shock traps

7. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Capturing is way to hard -.-V

i am on my 6th try for Quopecko or however that darn monsters name is -.-V ... soooooo annoying.

8. AlphaOne

AlphaOne Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2009
    umm for capturing, you hit the monster till hes weak enough (sometimes the monster lipms to indicated hes ready for capture). its best to let the monster retreat and sleep when hes weak for easy capture.

9. reilina

reilina just a neophyte...

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    California
    you want to know when to capture monsters? to be exact you want to know if it is weaken? use the bone armor (complete set) it will indicate in the map if it is ready to be capture.

by the way early game, its hard to get a shock trap. thunder bug cannot be mass produce in your farm. what you can do is trade items to agrosy for shock traps.