Hacking Monster Hunter Tri freeze?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
fgsfdsyo said:
any idea on how to get this working without using a usbloader?

All you need to do is have it run from a cIOS that uses a base of 37. So, simply put, reinstall cIOSx Rev19, and when it asks you which base to use (defaul is set to 57) select 37. MH3 will load fine through a backup loader then. But do upgrade to Neogamma if you are still using gamma oo2 fix, as Neogamma is a lot more compaible with every game now, and offers more options too.

Anyhow, like I said, just update your cios to 19, and select the base to use 37, then you're all good.

good Luck .. :>

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
IceIceBird said:
TIPS! install cIOS r19 with base ios57 at ios249 and r19 with base ios37 at ios250.

you don't need to do that, i can play the game with 249 rev19 based on 37 3.2E wii, simple as that.

I know, I just prefer having the option to choice, running almost all the other games trough the ios57 based one instead couse its a litle faster and some of the newer games prefer it.

balsaq

Trophies
XP
Country
Anubis said:
Hezkore said:
The game works great on 249 rev19 based on 37, I tried every loader I had with the same perfect result as seen here: Linky

That doesn't work for EVERYONE, actually, it doesn't work for pretty much anyone.

Where have you got this information from? I'm running that setup (rev19 on 37) with config usb loader and it's fine...

nasty2857068

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Anubis said:
Here's a really simple guide (from wiihacks.com) that got my game working (after I tried literally every other option):

1. Download this: Hermes_cIOS222_223_installer_3.0_(rev4).zip
2. Extract/copy it to your apps directory on your SD card.
3. Run the installer, and install IOS223 as 37 merged with 38. 223! NOT 222! Most Hermes tutorials tell you to install Hermes 223, 38 merged with 60! THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR THIS GAME!
4. Run MH3 (making sure to select ios223 in your loader).

If you can't install Hermes due to a BAD HASH error it's because you have 37 as base, use rev19 and set 38 as base, you should be able to install Hermes after that.
did all of the above still not working for me i used usbloader gx with 223
frown.gif

anything else i can do to make this run ?
also i dont have cios rev19 insrtalled do i need that (sorry for being a noob)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uzirider said:
Cios 19 is exactly what you need in the first place

Hermes cIOS based of IOS37 + something should also work. If it doesn't, then it's most likely a loader issue and one should try the latest configurable usb loader*.

*Not sure about Hermes V5 support in it, V5 needs the loader to be updated, which is maybe the only problem Hermes cIOS has

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the off topic but what is the big deal wth this game ? is there something im missing (never played the first two)

Walder

Trophies
XP
Country
I know for most of you this wii talk is easy, but for the nabs (like myself) im really not getting anything
tongue.gif
. I softed my own wii just following a tutorial, and i have priiloader v0.2 (r30) and ive been using neogamma r8 beta 7, ios249 rev 14.

So i searched and read, and ive already realized i need to update do cIOS rev 19, but how do i do it?:S The thing is i just dont know were to start really, its all very confusing
smile.gif
so i tried to re-read about cIOS and ios and such but i still dont know what do i have to do from this point forward .

Hope u guys can help me, best regards.

Farquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i'm wanting to get this to work but before i rip my disk i want to know does the hermes 222 or 223 work on disk loaders? I have cios249 based on 38 (no idea what rev) and i don't particularly want to overwrite this because i use wad manager quite a lot.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
sorry for the off topic but what is the big deal wth this game ? is there something im missing (never played the first two)

This game is the biggest selling game in Japan.

Bigger than Mario, Pokemon, etc, etc, this game owns all in Japan.

MH3 is the Halo/MW2 of Japan, everyone's heard of it, everyone's played it once.

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
easiest way, done it on my wii and two mates!!

download, Any Title Deleter, run it from Homebrew Channel, delete every ios in the 200 range... apart from 249! Do not delete anything below 200!!

then download this...........>:Hermes Installer V4.
im very aware its not the latest version...thats because the latest version doesn't work this this game!

Install Hermes, using all the preset settings as youre running through the application menu..!!

This will install the perfect hermes, which runs every piece of homebrew i have, all loaders, almost all of my 130+ games!!

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a different type of "freezing".
Sometimes my wiimote cease to respond in MH3.
For example, if i press "home", sometimes it became disconnected (but remain on. I know it's disconnected because my second wiimote can't connect and after a while number one lose the connection and switch off). Sometimes it happens when I'm navigating a menu (like pressing RIGHT to select online mode), but only in Monster Hunter 3.
I am on a 4.2E, with hermes 222, 223 base 37 (I use this for MH3), 249v19.

Balder

Trophies
XP
Country
Got MH3 to work with a softmodded 4.2E, 249rev19, Hermes v.4 223 [38+37] in CFG Usb Loader v57 with game settings Block IOS Reload and using 223 to load. Had black screen freezes with all other settings I tried before the above.

Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem:

I burned the disc fine but when i enter the game it works perfectly fine until the menu. I press the "start the game" button then it freezes into a black screen with an annoying buzz.

I didn't hack my Wii so I rather not download any programs of some sort.

I don't use a chip just a program called: Neogamma r8 beta 7, IOS249 (rev 14)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dew said:
I have a problem:

I burned the disc fine but when i enter the game it works perfectly fine until the menu. I press the "start the game" button then it freezes into a black screen with an annoying buzz.

I didn't hack my Wii so I rather not download any programs of some sort.

I don't use a chip just a program called: Neogamma r8 beta 7, IOS249 (rev 14)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=224...t=0&start=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again