Gaming Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to require 6.36

  • Thread starter Thread starter rhamutap
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,639
  • Replies Replies 60
prowler_ said:
Saken said:
Not before the next dissidia
ohmy.gif

Ungrateful pricks.
Oh no, what would we do without a patch for Dissidia.
NOEZ MY DISSIDIA 012
Q_Q
 
Prometheus-4 has been released, what was i fucking saying?

Also its not out yet in PSP hack and i dunno if im allowed to post the link
 
Help please. I have downloaded the various .RAR archives that comprise MHP3 from my site of choice, and having opened them up I have another .RAR instead of the ISO/CSO. Inside there's a folder named PSP_GAME and a file named UMD_DATA.bin. WTF do I do with them to have a working ISO? Every other file I've ever downloaded has been either ISO or CSO, so I've never encountered this issue before. Can these files be used to play the game or do I need to seek an alternative download?
 
Blaze163 said:
Help please. I have downloaded the various .RAR archives that comprise MHP3 from my site of choice, and having opened them up I have another .RAR instead of the ISO/CSO. Inside there's a folder named PSP_GAME and a file named UMD_DATA.bin. WTF do I do with them to have a working ISO? Every other file I've ever downloaded has been either ISO or CSO, so I've never encountered this issue before. Can these files be used to play the game or do I need to seek an alternative download?

How large is the .bin file? If it's quite large, then use UltraISO to convert it to an .iso file.
 
Wintrale said:
Blaze163 said:
Help please. I have downloaded the various .RAR archives that comprise MHP3 from my site of choice, and having opened them up I have another .RAR instead of the ISO/CSO. Inside there's a folder named PSP_GAME and a file named UMD_DATA.bin. WTF do I do with them to have a working ISO? Every other file I've ever downloaded has been either ISO or CSO, so I've never encountered this issue before. Can these files be used to play the game or do I need to seek an alternative download?

How large is the .bin file? If it's quite large, then use UltraISO to convert it to an .iso file.

The outer .bin file is only 44kb. But I opened up the folder and there's all sorts of crap in there. Here's the full list:

- Folder 'SysDir', containing another folder named 'UPDATE' and 3 more .bin files named BOOT, EBOOT and OPNSSMP.
- USRDIR containing one .bin file which is much bigger than the others. Over a GB.
- Various PGN files and a few others which seem to be the icon data.

Also, is this online or not?
 
have you got file extensions enabled or did you just see the winrar icon and assume it was a RAR file? (it opens ISOs too and probably sets them to open with winrar as default when you install it)
 
How could I be so dense? It is the ISO file. The reason why I didn't think of it is because none of my other files display as winrar archives, but that's because they're all CSO's. Checking now to see if I can boot it up.
 
Sony doesn't realize that by making their games require higher firmwares causes us not to buy them, therefore they lose sales. It's their own damn fault.
 
No worries, it's working now. Kinda difficult to know exactly what I'm meant to be slaying since I can't read Japanese, but it's enjoyable enough to keep around. Kills space on my card pretty quick though. On my 4GB card I have this taking up 1.2GB, Valkyria Chronicles taking up 850MB, and Metal Slug Anthology taking up about 750MB. Thankfully my remaining games take up barely any space. Harvest Moon HOLF, Parodius, Power Stone and Brave Story are only about 200MB a piece. Just enough space for one more.
 
Blaze163 said:
Wintrale said:
Blaze163 said:
Help please. I have downloaded the various .RAR archives that comprise MHP3 from my site of choice, and having opened them up I have another .RAR instead of the ISO/CSO. Inside there's a folder named PSP_GAME and a file named UMD_DATA.bin. WTF do I do with them to have a working ISO? Every other file I've ever downloaded has been either ISO or CSO, so I've never encountered this issue before. Can these files be used to play the game or do I need to seek an alternative download?

How large is the .bin file? If it's quite large, then use UltraISO to convert it to an .iso file.

The outer .bin file is only 44kb. But I opened up the folder and there's all sorts of crap in there. Here's the full list:

- Folder 'SysDir', containing another folder named 'UPDATE' and 3 more .bin files named BOOT, EBOOT and OPNSSMP.
- USRDIR containing one .bin file which is much bigger than the others. Over a GB.
- Various PGN files and a few others which seem to be the icon data.

Also, is this online or not?
It isn't, ad-hoc only.
 
When are they gonna take the fucking hint and make an online Monster Hunter for a console it's actually suited to? Don't get me wrong, MH Tri is a decent game but it looks awful by console standards. If it was on the PSP I could forgive it but not on a home console.

I'd take more time to upgrade the graphics and put it on PS3. Hi-def slaying would be fuckin' sweet.
 
Goli said:
Blaze163 said:
Wintrale said:
Blaze163 said:
Help please. I have downloaded the various .RAR archives that comprise MHP3 from my site of choice, and having opened them up I have another .RAR instead of the ISO/CSO. Inside there's a folder named PSP_GAME and a file named UMD_DATA.bin. WTF do I do with them to have a working ISO? Every other file I've ever downloaded has been either ISO or CSO, so I've never encountered this issue before. Can these files be used to play the game or do I need to seek an alternative download?

How large is the .bin file? If it's quite large, then use UltraISO to convert it to an .iso file.

The outer .bin file is only 44kb. But I opened up the folder and there's all sorts of crap in there. Here's the full list:

- Folder 'SysDir', containing another folder named 'UPDATE' and 3 more .bin files named BOOT, EBOOT and OPNSSMP.
- USRDIR containing one .bin file which is much bigger than the others. Over a GB.
- Various PGN files and a few others which seem to be the icon data.

Also, is this online or not?
It isn't, ad-hoc only.

But you can go online using Xlink Kai (or Adhoc Party if you own a PS3).
 
Blaze163 said:
When are they gonna take the fucking hint and make an online Monster Hunter for a console it's actually suited to? Don't get me wrong, MH Tri is a decent game but it looks awful by console standards. If it was on the PSP I could forgive it but not on a home console.

I'd take more time to upgrade the graphics and put it on PS3. Hi-def slaying would be fuckin' sweet.
Technically it already is. A port of Monster Hunter Frontier is out for 360 in Japan, its graphics are roughly the same as Tri though, maybe a bit better.
 
I'm pretty sure Frontier is built on the engine they used for Monster Hunter 2. In terms of overall visual quality it probably looks a little worse than Tri.
 
That 'Ad-Hoc Party' thing on PS3 bugs me. You can only use it if you have a wired internet connection from what I gather because the PS3 can only cope with one wi-fi signal at a time, so it can't link to the PSP and the net at the same time. Who the fuck still has wired internet these days? Pretty much everyone has wireless broadband by now, surely? Get with the times, Sony.
 
Law said:
I'm pretty sure even the cheapest wireless routers have ports for network cables.

Not when you're leeching your neighbour's wireless
smile.gif


I do intent to put my own net connection in soon, depends how well my xmas bonus treats me.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted