Hacking Monster Hunter 3

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I've searched throughout this forum for info on how to get MH3 working, and I've tried pretty much everything an nothing seems to work.

I'm running an NTSC 4.0 SysMenu with IOS249, HBC, NeoGamma, etc., all the goods. So far I've downloaded the scrubbed version of MH3 and burned it onto a disc. I tried launching it with NeoGamma, regular old Gamma Backup Launcher, SoftChip Launcher r90 and r96 (neither of those worked on all possible configurations), Gamecube Backup Launcher (which oddly enough recognized it but wouldn't load anything), I tried using Gecko OS 1.9 and rebooting with region free in the hopes that it would show up in the disc channel...

None of it worked, and I have no idea why. Does anybody have a definite answer for this? I really don't want to have to install SoftMii just to play one game...

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is just the demo, but apparently it's playable. I have yet to get MHG working because the copy I downloaded had corrupt parts in it, but I'll see if the next one works.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It won't work on Gamma, because Gamma detects it as gamecube game. Tell me what disc id it has so i can prepare a NeoGamma test version for you. Also what error do you get exactly in SoftChip? Did you try disc region video mode, Remove 002 off, Fake IOS Version on, and force language to the language of the game? Is your SoftChip able to play anything?

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It won't work on Gamma, because Gamma detects it as gamecube game. Tell me what disc id it has so i can prepare a NeoGamma test version for you. Also what error do you get exactly in SoftChip? Did you try disc region video mode, Remove 002 off, Fake IOS Version on, and force language to the language of the game? Is your SoftChip able to play anything?

When I run it in SoftChip, the ID comes up as DMHJ. When I run the game in BL or NeoGamma it doesn't give me a game ID; it just loads. When I run it in GCBL it shows up as "Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) (TRIAL)".

I've tried Disc Region Mode: Default, with Remove 002 both enabled and disabled, and with Fake IOS Version both on and off. I've tried to Force Language to Japanese every time. Nothing seems to work. When I try the combination you gave me above, the game seems to load (I don't get the read error) but as the coding appears it stops when it hits "TICKET AT: 0x80a60ce0".

When I try IOS55 instead of 249 I get the read error: "loctl error (DI_Read ID)"

And I was successful in getting SoftChip r90 to run Super Mario Galaxy and COD WaW, so it's probably not SoftChip.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I got MHG to work with SoftChip r90 up until the point where it asks me to plug in a Classic Controller. I don't have one, so I don't know if it works beyond that.

No such luck with MH3 though. Maybe it's just a bad dump? I'll try redownloading it from another source.

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PTKnight13 said:
I've been able to play it no problem with Drivekey.

I have it softmodded; I don't have a chip.

In any case, I'm trying USB Loader right now, but even if this works it's a huge pain in the ass to have to use a drive specifically for one game.

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
just use usb loader
wink.gif
it works for me, with cheats too
tongue.gif

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a classic controller for the demo like you do with G.

And apparently WiiPower is working on a NeoGamma fix as we speak.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i.heart.piracy said:
You don't need a classic controller for the demo like you do with G.

And apparently WiiPower is working on a NeoGamma fix as we speak.

No i'm not working at a fix. I did everything that came to my mind to make the game compatible. If you can't get it to work at all on NeoGamma, SoftChip and different usb loaders, it might be a IOS Reloading game, something new or just bad .iso or burn.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In anyway i got this game working except that the picture is B/W for me but that´´s a problem of my TV dunno if you tried it but did you set the language to japanese (it´s sometimes important that you do it for japanese games)

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said fix I meant the Neogamma version you just sent me. Even though it didn't work for me it might work for someone else.

I'll try reburning the disc though, that might have been the problem.

i.heart.piracy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have no idea what the problem is; I tried reburning and that didn't work. It doesn't make sense how it's working for everyone else except me. :/

I'd try a different source because maybe it's a bad dump, but there's only 1 that I know of.

jonshort

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:
just use usb loader
wink.gif
it works for me, with cheats too
tongue.gif

Yeah i tried WBFS it doesn't respond when i put in a scrubbed version of Monster hunter 3. what did you use to get it to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk