Hacking Monster Hunter 3 Demo not working?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fgsfdsyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,515
  • Replies Replies 16

fgsfdsyo

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
XP
248
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the Monster Hunter 3 demo to work?
4.0U with CIOSCorp v2 and preloader .29, CIOS Rev 9

It just brings up the gamecube backup loader menu and even then, the controller is unresponsive.
Can't load it from the front:
If I use .3g loader, loads for a moment then goes to GC screen
GeckoOS -- insta GC screen



anyone know how to get this running?
 
If anyone would like to watch what happens, I can stream it for you.
It's a tad blurry [it's really blurry]
but you can make out a lot.
 
Okay, woah.

Reinstalled MIOS-v8 and the screen holds on green then resets the wii w/ .3g
Same thing happens with Gecko-OS.

I am thoroughly confused.
 
This sounds a bit orwellian and all but what if nintendo starts packing cIOS uninstallers into demos now by hijacking their own GC mode code?
 
does anyone know what could be the problem?
It keeps on bringing up the GC screen.
I tried two different .isos and they both result in this.

Any help at all?
 
Well, that might be the problem, I'm downloading an unscrubbed version now to see if it works.
 
Sobtanian said:
Have you tried softchip?
I had tried softchip with my first copy and it didn't work.
Tried it out with my second copy and it works perfectly.
Thanks you so much for reminding me about softchip.
 
fgsfdsyo said:
Sobtanian said:
Have you tried softchip?
I had tried softchip with my first copy and it didn't work.
Tried it out with my second copy and it works perfectly.
Thanks you so much for reminding me about softchip.

Softchip solves almost every problem I've had, including the dreaded NTSC Madworld black screen.

I have a PAL wii with a wiikey 2 hardmod, but sometimes I have to use softchip, like the monster hunter demo
biggrin.gif
 
can anyone help me? there is no solution on how to get this game to work on a modchip anywhere, i've searched google and nothing, all the solutions are for usb loader and soft mods, i don't have any of those, i just have a wiikey and 3.2E firmware and geko 1.07 installed, please help!

when i try to load it via geko i just get a black screen, i brickblocked the image and tried to use regionfii but it says that the iso is not a wii type iso.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted