ModMii for Windows Official Support Topic

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XFlak, Feb 3, 2010.

?
  1. Yes!

719 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll

49 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. No, and I posted what went wrong

99 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Just don't use WODE. It doesn't support it because the firmware hasn't been maintained for years. :)

2. scandy123

scandy123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to use ModMii v6.3.1, but upon going through the wizard, it says that it's unable to download:

- HackMii Installer
    - Configurable USB-Loader

I've tried back to the main menu and downloading them individually from there, but it's still not working. Please help!

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    get hackmii installer manually from https://please.hackmii.com/
    and configurable loader can also be downloaded manually from ... many places with different mods? there's no official release, only users modifying the last official release, so there are many releases. I'm not sure which one is the latest.

4. Matt Stoffel

Matt Stoffel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    Running ModMii and after about 5 retries I have it down to 1 invalid file ... ios53 (md5 verification error) I even tried downloading from another site to see if ModMii would allow it and that did not work either. Is there another way to get a hold of it, or do I not need it, or will the invalid one still work? TIA

5. Matt Stoffel

Matt Stoffel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    Update: Kept trying and it eventually worked, install worked, everything is running great, playing games from a 1TB HDD. Thanks!

6. tapeismagical

tapeismagical Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    So I tried to download ModMii and was getting the "unable to down;oad HackMii installer" stuff. I downloaded it manually from BootMii.org and placed the filed on my SD with the rest of the Modmii files. When I tried to excecute bootmini.elf from BootMii (installed as a boot2, its the only way since the wii is bricked), it returns a green and purple screen and crashes. Any advice?

Also, the installer.exe provided appears to be a virus. Does anybody have a clean version of the new ModMii installer?

Last edited by tapeismagical, Aug 8, 2016
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The likely reason that it's detected as a virus is because it uses nircmd.exe to hide the cmd window when it runs commands, it's a false positive. Just add an exception in your AV.

8. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
  9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I didn't know they were shutting down googledrive too.
    Google shutdowns all their services.. better never rely on them. (when will gmail or youtube close?)

10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Just get the latest zip file from https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/files and unzip it to wherever you want.

11. Brawl345

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    They only shut down website hosting, Google Drive will function like normal. It's only googeldrive.com direct links that you could create to link directly to a file.

Cyan likes this.
  12. XFlak
    OP

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    So no updates required then right? :)

13. Brawl345

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
  14. Brawl345

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
  15. XFlak
    OP

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    ModMii updated!

ca032769 and Brawl345 like this.
  16. ben_r_

ben_r_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    California
  17. Brawl345

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
  18. Ayyyyyylmao

Ayyyyyylmao Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2016
    United States
    Every time I try to use ModMii, I get all the way to the end and it always says that 1 file is missing: the IOS236 Installer v5 Mod.
    I'm using the latest version, and trying to downgrade my 4.3U to 4.2U to re-install the system menu to get past not being able to access the settings; all I get is a black screen.
    Any reasons why this would happen? Can I get this somewhere else and just throw it in the root of my SD?

19. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Can't you just re-hack it with ModMii using the current 4.3U setting, just like it had not been hacked before, and ModMii would overwrite everything? Is there really a reason to down grade it?

20. Ayyyyyylmao

Ayyyyyylmao Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2016
    United States
    That IS the reason, unfortunately :( I was trying to do just as you said first because it seemed like the easiest way to take care of it, but every time I'd try to go into dop-mii and reinstall the System Menu it'd tell me that it couldn't open certain .wad files from the SD card- and I can't use the download from NUS option because I would have to connect to the internet to do so, which is the whole thing I'm trying to fix smh. It's been a very long, vicious cycle that I've been trying to fix for the past 6 hours honestly. I just ignored the fact that it said that file was missing from the initial ModMii first because I saw someone on another thread say that I didn't really need it, and plus the guide had an alternate option to patch the IOS anyway, but after exhausting every option everyone else had told me to try, I figured it must be the fact that I'm missing that file; so I went to try the downgrade option instead of pick the same version in ModMii but it still came up missing that file, so here I am again drowning in a puddle of my own tears :hateit::cry: