Hacking Modifying Games =P

SH&E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I was just tinkering around the other night to find you can change files within a Wii game with WiiScrubber, and I've searched all over the internet to find programs to extract the compressed files stored on the disc, but I can't find any. I did however find some GC tools, but they only kinda... Half worked. I just thought it would be really cool if you could change the boot screen of a game or something, maybe that screen where it displays the wrist-strap thingy.
Would any of this be even a tiny bit possible do you think?
I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to Wiis atm, I only homebrew-ified my Wii last week xD
biggrin.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes that's possible and it's called trucha signer
users who don't have updated modchips can use it to remove the 001-protection for example.
and they've used it to create guitar hero discs with new songs. and to remove censoring from manhunt 2.

SH&E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
yes that's possible and it's called trucha signer
users who don't have updated modchips can use it to remove the 001-protection for example.
and they've used it to create guitar hero discs with new songs. and to remove censoring from manhunt 2.

Oh, I see
smile.gif

I don't have a modchip
tongue.gif

I shall look into trucha signers in a mo
smile.gif

I found a file on a disc the other day under "Partition 2 (Data)>boot>en>English.szs"
I tried extracting the .szs file with a gamecube utility, and then I got another file out of that, but I couldn't do anything with it :/
Thanks for the SUPER QUICK reply btw
happy.gif

SH&E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah right
biggrin.gif

Cool
smile.gif

I think I have 3.3, but I can always downgrade
happy.gif

But for now, how would I go about actually editing a file?
Like, I know how to extract a file, and put it back in, it's just the 'changing' of it xD
Is there any good utilities that could let me edit images, or change text strings, or.. Anything? xD

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trucha Signer is here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1909

It allows you to browse the ISO filesystem, select file(s) to extract. Once extracted you can edit them (not sure about image editing, maybe look at the VCFE Wip thread, it has some good tools in it). Then using Trucha Signer you can inject the modified files.

I used it to modify Manhunt 2 to Uncensored (as per the instructions in another thread on this site).

Hope this helps!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dteyn said:
Trucha Signer is here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1909

It allows you to browse the ISO filesystem, select file(s) to extract. Once extracted you can edit them (not sure about image editing, maybe look at the VCFE Wip thread, it has some good tools in it). Then using Trucha Signer you can inject the modified files.

I used it to modify Manhunt 2 to Uncensored (as per the instructions in another thread on this site).

Hope this helps!

Sounds cool! I might give this a try, if I have any questions about this you mind if I PM you?

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only ran into one modified Wii ISO, and it was a Guitar Hero 3 disk with Rock Band and GH2 and GH3 DLC.

I don't see the need to modify any games right now, or at least things that haven't been done already.

SH&E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheesemonkey said:
I only ran into one modified Wii ISO, and it was a Guitar Hero 3 disk with Rock Band and GH2 and GH3 DLC.

I don't see the need to modify any games right now, or at least things that haven't been done already.

Yeah well, I guess it's just kinda fun to experiment
happy.gif

Well I find it.. fun xD But I'm just weird so, don't worry
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1