Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

puff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the WAD install error - 1
This appears to be related to hidden (duplicate) files placed on the card by OSX -
I believe this error can be safely ignored, so the WAD install(s) was not the issue...

robjanssen said:
What was your firmware version before the softmod?
Are you sure it was 4.3?
Yes. it was recently updated (to 4.3) via the Shop Channel to buy Super Mario Bros 3
As per the video in post #1 - checked the version and followed the guide using Lego Batman

QUOTEYou can try installing the 4.3 systemmenu.
SystemMenu_4.3E_v514.wad
I downloaded and installed this WAD, and it restored the system menu!

However I no longer have access PriiLoader and reinstall of PriiLoader kills system menu!
What am I missing? I want to be able to have PriiLoader and System Menu...

Thanks!
smile.gif

puff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*** UPDATE - Issue Resolved ***

http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=146

QUOTE said:
...it was because i had a USB camera plugged in which my wife uses for her fitness game "your shape". As soon as i pulled it out priiloader worked fine and the wii turn on as normal.
Following the advise above from comment #9 worked like a charm!
I am able to re-duplicate the issue when the USB Camera is plugged in during boot; however as long as I remove it BEFORE boot, all is well, and it works when plugged in AFTER boot.

robjanssen said:
You can try installing the 4.3 systemmenu.
SystemMenu_4.3E_v514.wad
Thanks for your help Rob - just FYI turns out I needed v513 (for US) to be able to access settings!

erradicator

Trophies
XP
Country
i think i've done everything right with the modify, but now i try to load the USB Loader GX and it says it needs a cIOS 222 or 249, and so when i try to run the YAWM Multimod Batch to change it, i select a IOS and it freezes.

and btw on the wii settings it keeps showing the version 4.3E is it how it's supposed to be? or should it show a different version?

alexh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had some trouble using the SmashStack (provided here) on a UK PAL Wii 4.3E

When booting the exploit it would hang with the BEEP in the background.

I downloaded the exploit files from here :

http://giantpune.zzl.org/smashStackPK.html

Replaced the ones which come with mod43 and everything worked fine.

Possibly an error writing the original files to the SD card but I don't know. Are they identical?

Wiilorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i have played GCN / WII discs on my Wii and i launch WiiWare / VC games i get a error message that says "Disc Has Been Removed / Disc Cover Is Open / Disc is Dirty" and even there isn't any disc's in the drive.

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3 U having issues wiyh Configurable usb loader
I followed the guide from this post to modify using the Lego Batman Hack
When launching CFg I get "249 is stub" error
followed this guide after http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...ucha/trucha-old
still same issue.
I need help. All other homebrew is working fine just cant get the CFG to launch. I use WBFS folders on a NTFS drive. If there is another USB loader that anyone could recommend that supports this setup, please let me know. I really like CFG tho so If u can hel-p me get it running I would appreciate it

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mrbudders said:
4.3 U having issues wiyh Configurable usb loader
I followed the guide from this post to modify using the Lego Batman Hack
When launching CFg I get "249 is stub" error
followed this guide after http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...ucha/trucha-old
still same issue.
I need help. All other homebrew is working fine just cant get the CFG to launch. I use WBFS folders on a NTFS drive. If there is another USB loader that anyone could recommend that supports this setup, please let me know. I really like CFG tho so If u can hel-p me get it running I would appreciate it

Use Yet Another Mod Manager to install custom IOS. 202, 222, 223, 224, 249, 250

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great guide, but BootMii didn't install properly right from the start.

Used SSBB on a virgin 4.3u console and followed directions to the letter. Installed HBC and BootMii as IOS (or so I thought), since it said something about "boot1 install prevents boot2 install" or something like that.

Anyway...went to launch BootMii to make my nand backup, and nothing happens. At all. The TV says "no signal", the remote shuts off, but the green power light on the Wii stays on. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling BootMii, but same results.

Any ideas? Thanks!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pitweasel said:
Great guide, but BootMii didn't install properly right from the start.

Used SSBB on a virgin 4.3u console and followed directions to the letter. Installed HBC and BootMii as IOS (or so I thought), since it said something about "boot1 install prevents boot2 install" or something like that.

Anyway...went to launch BootMii to make my nand backup, and nothing happens. At all. The TV says "no signal", the remote shuts off, but the green power light on the Wii stays on. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling BootMii, but same results.

Any ideas? Thanks!
It might be an incorrect video setting on your bootmii.ini file. Use Bootmii Configuration Editor to change the settings and see if that works.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
muppenro said:
My Wii is 4.3, but i dont have any of the games.
BUT, my Wii is chipped and i got a copy of the indiana jones game, will it work?
Why have you opened a thread? The answer is yes.

muppenro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
muppenro said:
My Wii is 4.3, but i dont have any of the games.
BUT, my Wii is chipped and i got a copy of the indiana jones game, will it work?
Why have you opened a thread? The answer is yes.
That was a diffrent question. I Wondered if i could do the mod with a pirated game.

Hedgehogofchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wii is on 3.3u and im trying to get the email that will allow me to update it to 4.2u it isnt working for me

Edit: made a disposable gmail account and it worked

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hedgehogofchaos said:
My wii is on 3.3u and im trying to get the email that will allow me to update it to 4.2u it isnt working for me

Edit: made a disposable gmail account and it worked
You don't want to update to 4.2 or anything above! 4.1 is the last one to provide any features or bugfixes. 4.2+ are fail since they are just targeted attacks on homebrew.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
You don't want to update to 4.2 or anything above! 4.1 is the last one to provide any features or bugfixes. 4.2+ are fail since they are just targeted attacks on homebrew.
...but why even post this in the thread of a tutorial that only offers a 4.2 update??? people who use these tutorials are typically very new to the process and advice like this only confuses them and deters them from actually making that first step....then you just get a never ending stream of confused questions....

furthermore, using either of these stickied tuts (Modmii being the other), 4.1 is really no different than 4.2 or 4.3 since a compatible HBC goes in first...and since Hedgehogofchaos is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ