• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
burritoboy9984 said:
I've uploaded a cios21dx for people who want to try the updated cios21 that should fix some wiimote sync/other issues with wiimotes. Thanks to Davebaol, xabby666 and xflak. Will be working on the guide this week, adding exploits for lego star wars among other things.

-Erik
make sure u uploaded v2 of our cIOS. they should be called cIOS249[XX]-v21d2x2
thx!

Of course
smile.gif
I saw you posted the new version of modmii and figured I would throw them in there...
smile.gif
Thanks again for all the hard work xflak!

-Erik

Rexobias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have another question ... sorry ...

I followed this guide in 3 Wii's. I have a modded Wii, but I didnt followed this guide.

In my Wii, the Game Boy Advance Emulator runs great with full speed (I tried Super Mario Land), but in the other 3 Wiis the same emulator with the same game works a little slow (I think other system emulators have the same problem).

In my Wii I dont have installed Bootmii, neither Priiloader. Could this be the problem?!

Thanks once again with the attention, and great job everyone.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rexobias said:
I have another question ... sorry ...

I followed this guide in 3 Wii's. I have a modded Wii, but I didnt followed this guide.

In my Wii, the Game Boy Advance Emulator runs great with full speed (I tried Super Mario Land), but in the other 3 Wiis the same emulator with the same game works a little slow (I think other system emulators have the same problem).

In my Wii I dont have installed Bootmii, neither Priiloader. Could this be the problem?!

Thanks once again with the attention, and great job everyone.

Are they all using the same versions of the emulators? Is the hbc running ios58 on all wii's?

QUOTE(sunnytimes @ Feb 7 2011, 01:42 PM) another couple of game spolits to be added .. well one anyway

http://hackmii.com/2011/02/return-of-the-jodi/

jabba the haxx was also released but the jodi one works with multiple versions of starwars ..

love the guide!!

One step ahead, on the last page I said it would be updated this week
smile.gif

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently uploading new file packs containing Return of the Jodi for all wii's (except Korean as this guide doesn't support Korean wii's) thanks Team Twiizer's and roto.

Also, the new packs contain cios21d2x2. The suggested cios to install will be base 56 in slot 249 for nearly EVERY game, and base 57 in slot 250 for black ops. If other games don't work, you will need to resort to hermes cios's (also included). If you want to try the cios with different bases, there is a cios21d2x2.zip file which contains multiple bases.

-Erik

First post will be updated in the next few days, barely had time to write this post.

Traxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used the old '43mod.zip' and deleted 249, 250 and put the new ones in from 'cios21dx.zip' (cIOS249[56]-v21d2x2.wad, cIOS250[57]-v21d2x2.wad) but YAWM always crashes. Whats' wrong? Maybe Trucha not properly installed (it said 'success' at the end)? Does it need a hard reset after Trucha install? I think i didn't reboot between Trucha and YAWM.

Wii 4.3E (red)

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traxx said:
I used the old '43mod.zip' and deleted 249, 250 and put the new ones in from 'cios21dx.zip' (cIOS249[56]-v21d2x2.wad, cIOS250[57]-v21d2x2.wad) but YAWM always crashes. Whats' wrong? Maybe Trucha not properly installed (it said 'success' at the end)? Does it need a hard reset after Trucha install? I think i didn't reboot between Trucha and YAWM.

Wii 4.3E (red)

When does it freeze? Right away?

-Erik

Traxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, right away when using 'wm_config.txt'. Without *.txt, after IOS selection.

Maybe its one of that situations where you need to press the buttons quickly (i've read that somewhere) in offline mode? Related to 'no internet present' or something.
smile.gif

I just tried it twice. Maybe i need to "brute force" it some more (multiple tries with hardreset). I can remember when pressing 'reset' a text appeared beneath the code dump. 'Resetting' or something (beneath the code dump) so it didn't actually freeze completely.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traxx said:
Yes, right away when using 'wm_config.txt'. Without *.txt, after IOS selection.

Maybe its one of that situations where you need to press the buttons quickly (i've read that somewhere) in offline mode? Related to 'no internet present' or something.
smile.gif

I just tried it twice. Maybe i need to "brute force" it some more (multiple tries with hardreset). I can remember when pressing 'reset' a text appeared beneath the code dump. 'Resetting' or something (beneath the code dump) so it didn't actually freeze completely.

Nothing changed in the app, just the wads. Just use another wad manager for the time being. I will see what I can work up over the next couple of weeks.

-Erik

Traxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forget about the YAWM problem. You indeed just need to retry over and over again until it works.

Any reason why the outdated priiloader 0.4 is still packaged? I skipped that and installed 0.6 with latest hacks-hashes.ini instead.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traxx said:
Forget about the YAWM problem. You indeed just need to retry over and over again until it works.

Any reason why the outdated priiloader 0.4 is still packaged? I skipped that and installed 0.6 with latest hacks-hashes.ini instead.

I won't include any apps that can cause a brick. If and when the hbc is updated and the ahbprot bug is fixed, I will include it.

-Erik

daveangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

i used this guide to mod a virgin 4.3E.

all went well.

i have now been looking modmii which tells me cIOS249 and 250 are out of date?

whats the easiest way to maintain my files upto date? i used dopios which killed my wii before.

thanks for the guide

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traxx said:
I think the ahbprot bug is fixed already and for booting hbc there are workarounds. If that's all i'll stay at 0.6. Thanks.

People have bricked their wii with .6. If it installs fine, good. But until a new hbc is released, I'm not taking chances
smile.gif

daveangel said:
hi

all went well.

whats the easiest way to maintain my files upto date? i used dopios which killed my wii before.

thanks for the guide

The guide was updated earlier this week with the new cios's. I just haven't had time to update the first post.

-Erik

Posts merged

QUOTE(zizer @ Feb 11 2011, 11:39 AM)
use again modmii for update cios

Read above.

-Erik

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After using this tutorial my original discs wont backup to the hard drive anymore. They play just fine, they just dont backup. I've used usbloader and cfg loader. It reads the disc, but it says its not a wii dvd. In another thread I was told it may be the chip that is causing it. Any ideas?

The guy I bought the chip off says its not

QUOTE said:
Unless you got Wode, your modchip has nothing to do with backing games up to harddrives, it is related to your IOS files being incorrect. Wasabi does not allow or enable disc ripping, it strictly allows backup discs.

How do I check what files are incorrect?

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For all exploits the following is told:
The game must be run prior to attempting to copy the save files over.
So if you haven't run the game before do this now.

Why is this?
What makes the difference?

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
daveangel said:
hi

all went well.

thanks for the guide

How can ModMii tell you if you have an out-of-date cIOS?

gammatest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo..

I am still rockin' a 3.2U OG model where everything works without any difficulty - ever; however, a friend has a 4.3U and I'm helping them out.

In the "package" wad directory there is this file: IOS80-64-v6943[TB+NAND].wad

A. What is the purpose of this?
2. Is it safe to replace IOS80? I thought these multiples of 10 (50,60,70), were part of the system menu.
C. Is it required? Like if I delete it from the wad directory will everything still work for loading legal backups?

Does the IOS80 that is currently on 4.3U need the Trucha Bug and NAND to run legal backups? The person who wants this is not qualified for any maintenance like installing nand games, etc.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol