Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

muffin

Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for the guide , but i need some advice please when i try and install darkcorp it will go to 75 % and then the wii turns of and goes to bootmii 2 this is on option 1 of darkcorp but if i choose option 2 it seems to work but only goes to 98% and then goes back to bootmii 2 any ideas please thanks

muffin

Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
try the darkcorp thread.

-Erik
thanks for the reply what i have been advised is that i had to make sure that 249 was installed so i done this with cios rev20 and installed 249 as base 38 and the same thing happens i have even done a network install and even tried pimp my wii but still have this same issue with darkcorp not installing correctly .
unsure.gif

mrhomiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to be clear, i'm on 4.1 (i think? haven't updated in prolly half a year/year-ish)

since i already have the HBC, i would just update it,
and follow just the "Update to 4.2" part,
then run the "Multi-Mod Manager 13.3"?

T$unami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used this guide many times and this is the 1st time Ive had a problem.

My kids wii was on 4.1e so I followed the guide and got it to 4.2e with out problem, them I did the 4.3e part.

Now the 4.3 files all seemed to install correctly, there where no errors. However, when I install priiloader, "I get the Couldn't find any hacks for System Menu version v482" which got me confused, as 482 is sysmenu 4.2, so I restart the wii and sure enough sysmenu reports that I'm on 4.2. Yet if look in mmm IOS, I have the new ios 80 and the others from the update. Yet its not running 4.3, any ideas where Ive gone wrong!

MTIA

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as system menu versions go, v482 just indicates a PAL version, not a 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3....(just as v481 indicates NTSC)

i don't think this guide instructs you to go from 4.2 to 4.3....update only to 4.2 if you're on anything lower, then modify or only to modify 4.3 if you're on 4.3 already....4.3 offered nothing new anyhow, so there wouldn't be a point to go from 4.2 to 4.3.....

there likely was no SM4.3 wad in the mod43 download pack since it assumes you'd only be using it if you were on 4.3 already....get rid of that pack from your SD card and just go back to the mod42 pack and use the hacks.ini file from there....

at SM4.2, you are done.

T$unami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Well I was going by the full title for this thread "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below, Up to 4.3, any serial, black wii's, any region"

Also as for the IOS 70 the main menu code is as you say 482 denotes its system menu 4.2e 480 and 481 dentote jap and usa respectively, now if as i belive ios 80 sysmenu for 4.3 was running on my wii I would expect priiloader to a hacks.ini with 514.

I'm still sure that I must have done something wrong and this wii should be using ios80 not 70, ive included my syscheck output incase it makes sense to some wii god out there who can tell me whats wrong.

Code:
sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.2E (v482)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: xxxxxxxx edit out by me
Boot2 v3

Found 97 titles.
Found 41 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 6943): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Is there a way of reversing this hack so that if your wii bricks, you can restore it, just like the ipod touch/iphone or ipad?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T$unami said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Well I was going by the full title for this thread "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below, Up to 4.3, any serial, black wii's, any region"

Also as for the IOS 70 the main menu code is as you say 482 denotes its system menu 4.2e 480 and 481 dentote jap and usa respectively, now if as i belive ios 80 sysmenu for 4.3 was running on my wii I would expect priiloader to a hacks.ini with 514.

I'm still sure that I must have done something wrong and this wii should be using ios80 not 70, ive included my syscheck output incase it makes sense to some wii god out there who can tell me whats wrong.

your wii is using SM4.2E (which uses IOS70)....

i downloaded the 43mod pack to see what it contains....confirmed that it doesn't contain SM4.3.

you have IOS80 installed because you installed the wads from the 43mod pack (43mod does include IOS80)....43mod is only to be used if you started modding while already on 4.3....the fact that it's there now is fine, it's presence doesn't hurt anything....

you did nothing wrong....the flow of the guide is update then modify....notice the modify section is called modify 4.2/4.3.....a modified 4.2 is your end point....

if you insist on being 4.3 and since you have IOS80....use modmi to download the SM4.3 then install with wad manager....but it offers nothing more than 4.2 did, so that update would be useless....

if you choose not to update the SM (as i suggest) get the hacks.ini from 42mod pack and use that....priiloader attaches itself to the SM, not the SM IOS...so just having IOS80 will not make the hacks.ini from 43mod pack work

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maxlwin536 said:
I have a question. Is there a way of reversing this hack so that if your wii bricks, you can restore it, just like the ipod touch/iphone or ipad?

if you can install bootmii@boot2, then make yourself a NAND backup and keep it somewhere handy, then you have the ideal brick protection....being able to restore your NAND back to the point the backup was made.

if you cannot install bootmii@boot2, you will likely end up installing priiloader during the mod process (assuming you follow a quality mod guide, such as this one). with priiloader, you can access the HBC (thus, any of the wad installer apps) to fix any SM bricks you may encounter along the way....not quite as good as the protection offered from bootmii@boot2, but very effective....

hope this is the answer you were looking for....

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Small error under Yu-Gi-Oh exploit section:

Copy Yu-Gi-Vah by going to the Settings, Data Management, Save Data, Wii, SD Card & choosing the Indiana Pwns exploit for your region. Choose copy and it should copy the exploit into the Wii memory.

It might confuse someone.

mrhomiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a rephrase on my original question:
i'm on 4.1U, i want the Netflix channel.
what's the best approach to do this?

should i upgrade my Wii to 4.2/4.3 to download it from the Shop channel?
if so, how would i go about upgrading? would i update the HBC first,
then just use that to update the Wii?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm ordered red wii. And now i have question. What is version sysmenu? Is hack black wii similiar whith red wii? Is someone hacked red wii ?

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Been using tis guide religiously for some time now. I haven't done anything to my wii in a while. It is at 4.2u and everything has been working fine, till now. I am using configurable usb loader and some of the ew games I have been trying to play have not been working. All I get is a black screen and the wiimote lights shut off and then I have to hard boot the wii. Is there some easy way to update my already 4.2u modded wii to play the newer games which i cannot get to work? I have a feeling these games need some newer ios's or something.

Thanks,

iamwally

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
iamwally said:
Hi guys! Been using tis guide religiously for some time now. I haven't done anything to my wii in a while. It is at 4.2u and everything has been working fine, till now. I am using configurable usb loader and some of the ew games I have been trying to play have not been working. All I get is a black screen and the wiimote lights shut off and then I have to hard boot the wii. Is there some easy way to update my already 4.2u modded wii to play the newer games which i cannot get to work? I have a feeling these games need some newer ios's or something.

Thanks,

iamwally
by black screen, you mean code dumps? otherwise try a newer loader, or a different one like Wiiflow or usb gx

cozyfire

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Same problem here - new guitar hero warriors of rock presents black screen...
I followed this guide - installed everything. Odd thing is - guitar hero 5 doesn't work either. And band hero. But if you insert a game disk (band hero official) it will work.
I'm using USB loader GX with wbfs partition.

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Dter ic. Not code dump. Looks like it is going into game but never gets to wrist strap warning screen just stays black and blank and wiimote lights go out. Very weird. I wonder if I should just run through the mod again with newest files. Is that the safest way to upgrade this method of mod?

Thanks,

iamwally

cozyfire

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can we (ppl who followed this guide) just start official updater to get 4.3 update (current version is 4.2E)? Or it will screw the whole "homebrew channel, IOS222/223" thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==