shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
iamwally said:
No Dter ic. Not code dump. Looks like it is going into game but never gets to wrist strap warning screen just stays black and blank and wiimote lights go out. Very weird. I wonder if I should just run through the mod again with newest files. Is that the safest way to upgrade this method of mod?

Thanks,

iamwally
ok, no code dump. no you don't have to re-mod again. bu instead check here for latest CFG or try updating though the loader itself (online update) or a different loader like wiiflow or usbloader gx
@cozyfire this might apply to you
also DO NOT UPDATE to 4.3 no point really it breaks trucha bug and HBC (if u haven't updated) also installs ioos58 (usb 2.0 support)

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
cozyfire said:
Can we (ppl who followed this guide) just start official updater to get 4.3 update? Or it will screw the whole "homebrew channel, IOS222/223" thing?

Homebrew Channel will not be deleted and all cIOS will stay (since they are rev65535 and ninty are 65280). But there is no benefit to update to 4.3

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only newer updates, than ver60 that I have, for CFG loader are beta. I am not a big fan of installing betas. I usually wait for release versions. I am not planning to update to 4.3 but what I am asking is to update to latest 4.2 iOS because I am sure there have been updates to the ones that get installed with this mod method since the ones I used. So would the safest update path be to just remod 4.2 method with new files?

Thanks,

Iamwally

cozyfire

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Dter ic said:
@cozyfire this might apply to you
also DO NOT UPDATE to 4.3 no point really it breaks trucha bug and HBC (if u haven't updated) also installs ioos58 (usb 2.0 support)
Thank you for claryfing this for me. So i just need to manually install IOS58 and my wii will be "identical" to 4.3 and all new games will run normally? What does it mean QUOTE(if u haven't updated)
? I just followed all the steps of the guide above ^^. Does it mean that I have all new versions of softmod? Sorry for being noobish I just bought my new wii off ebay so I'm kinda worried and all;)

PS [WooHoo!] I got it to work
1. Download and install uLoader pack (uLoader + cIOS222 installer)
2. Download and install IOS58
3. Start uLoader, use cIOS223 to run the games (Guitar hero warriors of rock, band hero, GH5).
4. Enjoy.
PPS I don't know which of these steps solved the problem, but I think it's #3. Thank you community!

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
by if you haven updated i mean to HBC v1.08
yup if u have followed the guide then you have the latest softmod
if u have ios 58 then yes you are theoricly like 4.3

mrhomiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
by if you haven updated i mean to HBC v1.08
yup if u have followed the guide then you have the latest softmod
if u have ios 58 then yes you are theoricly like 4.3
i'm on 4.1, don't know what version of HBC i'm using,
so i would just update HBC, install IOS 58,
and i can access the shop channel?
(i want the netflix channel basically)

edit: i figured it out. i basically downloaded the 42u.zip file the tutorial mentions
and that has a Shop Channel update WAD in it.

negiWDJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to bump old topics, but thank you! This guide is super-effective (no meme intended). I was screwing with this Wii for like, 17 hours before your beautiful tutorial showed up! Extreme gratitude!!!

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I LOVE your guide and everything runs fine. Until now.
wink.gif

I tried to play H.A.W.X 2 but it freezes at the start screen. I read that I should install cIOS r20 with base 56. Is this really neccessary?

You said that cIOS r17 is the best for now, so I would like to stay with it.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sylvio2000 said:
I LOVE your guide and everything runs fine. Until now.
wink.gif

I tried to play H.A.W.X 2 but it freezes at the start screen. I read that I should install cIOS r20 with base 56. Is this really neccessary?

You said that cIOS r17 is the best for now, so I would like to stay with it.

This guide installs this cIOS on slot 249.

MushiSushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I had everything working back when I was running 4.1U, then I tried to play Wii Party and noticed it was really slow. Without thinking, I updated my Wii to 4.3.

After much tweeking and installing, I managed to get USB Loader GX working again however I'm still having some issues with installing Priiloader and USB Loader GX Forwarder.

My question is: If i follow this guide from beginning again, will this help me reset everything to a state where everything works again? Or is there a way for me to reset my wii and start from scratch? (i.e. format system memory in settings??)

THanks
Ed

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although it's probably overkill, just following the guide should correct your problem...no need to 'start from scratch'....'format system memory' = BAD, as in don't do it!

i assume you still have HBC, so you can obviously skip those initial steps.....

if you are still having problems after running through the guide, please post a syschk so we can see what's going on with your IOSes....

xhaborymx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this guide for awhile now, but with the last two Wiis I updated (the most recent was a red Wii with menu 4.3) everything worked absolutely fine until I installed Priiloader. After that point, when I turn on the Wii, I get a black screen that just says 4.3US. It doesn't progress beyond that screen.

I know it may be a n00b question, but the only issue it can possibly be is Priiloader. If I hold down reset when I boot up and I go into bootmii and then go into HBC, I can uninstall Priiloader and my Wii boots up like nobody's business. But once I reinstall Priiloader, the system hangs. I've tried different versions of Priiloader, all with the same result. What gives? Any suggestions? I'd love to have something to stop disc updates from happening.

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ Yuan and bookwormzsh

I followed this guide almost exactly. So I have Hermes 5.1, cIOS r17, CFG usb loader v60, HBC 1.08, Priiloader 0.4

I think I have used IOS236 Installer v3, although I couldnt find it in the guide anymore
mellow.gif

For me those ios and cios and base things are very irritating. In my opinion it should work with IOS 224 because I installed it with base 57 (as describe in the guide). But it does not work.

HimataGaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the MMM section I think you should add [In the main menu "of the mod manager"] to get rid of any possible confusion. I was trying to press right in the HBC main menu then tried to find the .wad and finally figured it out.

Besides that you may want to add that the email has additional tutorials that should be ignored since they conflict with this tutorial and just be concerned with the bottom link.

I hope I didn't ruin my Wii but since it was only $60 I won't get into a mad rage.... course my grandfather, whom is the owner, might bash in my skull >_>

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, I downloaded the cIOS installer 20b and installed it to 249 with base 57 (default settings).

H.A.W.X. 2 and CoD: Black Ops work, BUT my microphones does not work anymore. What shall I do?

EDIT: It works! I just have to use IOS222 (mload) for my SingITStar games
smile.gif

stevoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just put homebrew channel on a 4.3 black wii. Went to load up IOS236 Installer v3.

It started then errored, so I restarted and put wireless details in. So I waited till it stopped flashing, now everytime I try to load IOS236 Installer v3 it says DSI error then alot of codes. What am I doin wrong?

bookwormzsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, what cIOS wads need to be installed. I saw something about a zip, but couldn't find it. Sorry, I'm a noob.
blush.gif
Thanx

Edit: Thanks to the person I emailed to get the cIOS package.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill