• Total voters

fucemal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
Read closer, then send an email to the address provided. You will get a reply with a download link =)

Thats ALL the files you will need.

Now, go get that bone.

Edit: In case you cant smell.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]

yeah, but the mail adress provided by you is different then OP. how do i know i can trust you?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fucemal said:
C.S.I. said:
Read closer, then send an email to the address provided. You will get a reply with a download link =)

Thats ALL the files you will need.

Now, go get that bone.

Edit: In case you cant smell.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]

yeah, but the mail adress provided by you is different then OP. how do i know i can trust you?
No it's not. Did you even read the spoiler section. Thats the main address to email to.

fucemal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i did read the spoiler section. my short term ain't that good tho or we.
thanks for the heads up anyway.

is there anything beside region thats worth providing with "mail order"? i'm thinking like firmware version etc.

Trevordublin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick question, After I have followed the multi mod manager steps am I all ready to use the wad manager to install games? thanks
smile.gif

fucemal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! Bannerbomb hangs at load. I am at:
----------------
Modify 4.2
The actual hacking guide. Only will work for those on a 4.2 firmware.
-----------

WHAT TO DO!!!!!

EDIT:

Got it working by using the first emphazised down at the offishial BB site. Amazein'

EDIT 2:

Only 3 bad blocks in NAND mem, i think i got a hold of da perfekt wii. Amazein'

---------------------

So now i am here:

"Enable System Menu Hacks
optional; recommended if Bootmii is only installed as an IOS.
Go up and choose APP manager.
Press A on Priiloader and press + to install Priiloader.
Restart your Wii while holding reset.
Enable desired hacks then go into the settings."

All install perfectly up till' here. However, when holding the reset button on the console while booting it, it just boots up like normal. Isn't this where the pre loader should pop up?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will just boot like normal. Be glad it does =)

You have to hold the RESET button for about 5 seconds, whilst Powering ON the Wii.

That will get you to the Priiloader screen

If that does work, then Priiloader did not get installed ??

Let us know.

Edit. I have not installed priiloader from that guide, did it manually. I assume it does work though. The Hacks do.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
fucemal said:
yes i did read the spoiler section. my short term ain't that good tho or we.
thanks for the heads up anyway.

is there anything beside region thats worth providing with "mail order"? i'm thinking like firmware version etc.
You don't need to provide anything, it'll give you the links to all the packages for every region, just download the one you need. You don't need to provide your system menu version as "this will work on any wii", they all use the same package.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dgwillia said:
For someone who just wants to hack thier Wii just for Emulation/Playing Backups, would it be better (And easier) to just use this? Or go with the Complete Softmod Guide. (Im a first time Wii hacker)
Depends, both will do basically the same thing. If you want to learn a little more about how the wii works then you should use the complete softmod guide. This guide just tells you what to do without explaining it so it's not recommended for first timers.

fucemal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
It will just boot like normal. Be glad it does =)

You have to hold the RESET button for about 5 seconds, whilst Powering ON the Wii.

That will get you to the Priiloader screen

If that does work, then Priiloader did not get installed ??

Let us know.

Edit. I have not installed priiloader from that guide, did it manually. I assume it does work though. The Hacks do.

Hey m8. I am so overjoyed to tell you all is working swell! Turns out i pressed the powerbutton lol. I appreciate the help you guys. i could not of done it without you. thanks! =)

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I upgraded to 4.2 from my Wii, and bannerbomb hangs. Ill try what the guy above me did by going to the BB site.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, after following the update guide, games still ask to update... what gives? The only weird thing I notice in my IOS is that 251,252,253, and 255 are at version 31337, and MMM says they are unknown... :/

Randomguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem.
I've hacked my wii with this guide and everything was fine, but now my HBC doesn't load any homebrew anymore.
frown.gif

When the loading bar is at 100%, and you think the app is going to start you see a black screen and you must hard reset.
I've tried to reinstall the HBC already, but it doesn't work.
Any ideas?
unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Randomguy said:
I have a problem.
I've hacked my wii with this guide and everything was fine, but now my HBC doesn't load any homebrew anymore.
frown.gif

When the loading bar is at 100%, and you think the app is going to start you see a black screen and you must hard reset.
I've tried to reinstall the HBC already, but it doesn't work.
Any ideas?
unsure.gif
Mine does that (black screen) if the Wifi isn't done initializing (aka I have to wait till after the Wifi icon in the bottom right stops blinking).
Probably won't help you though :|

fucemal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would try to follow all the instruction from the 4.2 modify.zip onwards.

Dont uninstall anything, just reinstall the cioses like the guide says. that way worst thing that could happen it just overwrites existing ios.

OR

Dont take any chances and restore your original NAND, and start anew.

Randomguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did restore my wii via bootmii, now i'm at the part:
Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS.
Didn't work for me though.
Or was it something else you meant? (i'm sorry i'm a noob in this
rolleyes.gif
)

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you about the Bannerbomb fiasco, much appreciated. I figured the pack would have the correct version, but I guess I was wrong...

Anyways, I was under the impression that installing the latest IOS's would stop games from asking to update alltogether... Is that true, or is something on my Wii causing it? The only games that work are TP and Wii Play...

xdsmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i have a question for you xzxero

I modded my wii with this same guide dated December of 2009

everything was fine and dandy until i started adding emulators from homebrew browser

I'm using latest version of USB loadergx and also had an old version on the SD Card. I had both cuz the new version would freeze up and didn't let me rip games.

But now, after installing some emulators, and updating usbloadergx, the new one and the old version both freeze up. I don't have
any problems with emulators or media player, just with the usbloadergx

I'm confused. Do you think that remodding my wii with these updated files is safe? I want to try it, but kinda want you to

confirm that it would not brick my wii.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS DUDE !!

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gunfreak11 said:
Thank you about the Bannerbomb fiasco, much appreciated. I figured the pack would have the correct version, but I guess I was wrong...

Anyways, I was under the impression that installing the latest IOS's would stop games from asking to update alltogether... Is that true, or is something on my Wii causing it? The only games that work are TP and Wii Play...
The latest cIOS's are for increasing compatibility not blocking updates. If you want to block the updates, install priiloader and hold reset when you turn the wii on. Go into system menu hacks and enable 'block disc updates' and 'block online updates'. This question has been answered at least a billion times before...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since