Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
theostler said:
Hi,

have successfully used the previous version of the guide to mod my son's (previously virgin) 4.2E Wii, thanks again for that.

Can I just jump into the amended modify process at the WAD Manager step and install the new cIOS's?

Equally, I have 2 NAND backups of my Wii - 1 immediately after the very first install of BootMii and one of the Wii as it is at present. Does this latest version include everything I have done to the Wii up to this point and could therefore be used as a restore point if any of the latest updates should (for whatever reason) fail, or do NAND backups only have a copy of the Wii state at the very base level and not any of the later cIOS installs, etc?

Thanks again.

All replies very much appreciated.
A NAND backup is copy of everything in the wii, yes that includes cIOS's etc., everything. If you're just looking to update your cIOS's then follow this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko for 249 and 250, and http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios for hermes cIOS's.

Vidikron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue that maybe someone can help me with. I recently installed the VC game Ironclad, but each time I try to run the game I simply get black screen. I can hear the audio fine. The reason I'm posting here is because the last thing I did before this problem was update some of the cIOS files to the latest versions listed on the first page. I've never seen this problem before. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

theostler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Evil-Popeye,

thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the advice but is there any reason, given that I've already got the latest wads on my SD card based on the updated modify zip, that I can't just jump into the process at the WAD Manager install section. My understanding is that the new cIOS's will overwrite the originals.

Am I also correct in thinking I don't need to repeat the TBR or the removal of stubbed IOS's

Thanks again

Xx.Doom.xX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I'm having an issue being able to hack 4.2U. I updated to it perfectly fine. I put the modify.zip files onto my SD card and went to the sd card menu in data management -> channels -> sd to launch bannerbomb, but every time I do so my Wii freezes and I have to reset it. What's the deal? I've tried it 5 times in a row and no luck.

mrdavie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work for the black wiis?

I know there was an issue not to long ago and haven't been on the forum for about a month.

Thanks peeps

theostler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xx.Doom.xX said:
Hey,
I'm having an issue being able to hack 4.2U. I updated to it perfectly fine. I put the modify.zip files onto my SD card and went to the sd card menu in data management -> channels -> sd to launch bannerbomb, but every time I do so my Wii freezes and I have to reset it. What's the deal? I've tried it 5 times in a row and no luck.

Choose the SD card symbol from the bottom left of the main screen rather than going into data management. That'll do the trick.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidikron said:
I have an issue that maybe someone can help me with. I recently installed the VC game Ironclad, but each time I try to run the game I simply get black screen. I can hear the audio fine. The reason I'm posting here is because the last thing I did before this problem was update some of the cIOS files to the latest versions listed on the first page. I've never seen this problem before. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

You sure your games any good?? possibly a bad wad.

Kronau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a brand new LU74 wii. I had a LU56 with the liveing crap moded out of it and then sold it. I remember back hearing something about wiis over LU64 being harder to mod or something. Has that changed or is there some more steps I have to do. My wii right now is compleatly Virgin to any kind of hacks/mods right now.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero, my friend.

Update your guide, you still talk about cIOSCORP. It is DARKCORP nao
tongue.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For someone who just wants to hack thier Wii just for Emulation/Playing Backups, would it be better (And easier) to just use this? Or go with the Complete Softmod Guide. (Im a first time Wii hacker)

WeeBabyDoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't working for me...
I keep getting this message when I try to put the files on my PNY SDHC

This is no longer located in C:/users/al Verify the items location and try again.

fucemal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, im farely well traversed in modding game consoles, but i think this is a lil llame...

"It works, you know where you get the files, if you know what you're doing, go for it."

I dont know where to get the files and on the net there like hundred different "packs", some of them sure to be outdated. It would be rather swell with some unique name or other way of identifying what kind of "pack" you are reffering to.

Someone throw me a bone here.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Read closer, then send an email to the address provided. You will get a reply with a download link =)

Thats ALL the files you will need.

Now, go get that bone.

Edit: In case you cant smell.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu