• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Kaze967

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For a while now I've been running HBC with 4.1.
I thought I'd go ahead and just update it today, so I followed the guide.
Everything seems to be in order except when I go to my sd card menu it would freeze after the games have loaded.
What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:
I think I know what I did wrong. I just cut and pasted my wads(wiiware) into the sd.
I guess I have to reinstall every single one?

Furter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
added a cIOS.zip to the email reply bot.

it contains hermes v4 & v5 cIOS & waninkokos v17 & v19 cIOS.

Has all the possible bases installed in every slot so knock yourself out if you wanna change it up
biggrin.gif

I am confused with all the different options now which is the best configaration to use i am on

Hermes V4 and waninkokos v17 at the mo but want to update to newest set

Any ideas(like which bases to use on each cios 202,222,223,224,249,250)

Thanks in advance

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Furter +1 for me too
blink.gif

Would be nice if we had a quick guide on how to install the latest Revs in the Cios.zip folder. Something from the point of where the latest stickied guide, dated Feb 3, ended off. Would be very help full I think!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the cIOS.zip is completely optional.

it contains all the combos of cIOS you can install to the slots 202,222,223,224,249, and 250.

the modify.zip already has the cIOS you should install by default.

mgn54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed the HBC & HackMii successfully with a full Nand backup on a virgin Wii (few years old though). The system menu is v3.2 USA so I wasn't sure if I needed the Trucha Bug fix. I proceeded to patch anyway and DOP-Mii gave me the following error during Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign option:

Current IOS is not 36. Loading ISO 36. Failed to Load ISO36 (error code -4100).

In DOP-Mii the first option stated IOS: 0 rather than IOS: 36.

I just thought that I didn't need the fix so I installed Waninkokos cISOX rev.19 but it didn't list 36 as an option so I installed it to 37. The install was successful. However USB Loader GX would crash after reading the USB stick (FAT32) and strange colours would come on the screen. I just though it was an issue with the new cISOX rev.19 so I then installed an older version cISO38 rev.17 but I couldn't install to 36 (not an option) so I just installed to 249.

This is USB Loader GX's boot screen info:

ISO 236 not found. re-loading into 36.
Starting up
Initialize USB (Wakeup)
Reloading ISO 249
Init WBFS

1 minute pause before the strange coulors.

Does the USB stick have to be formatted to WBFS rather than FAT32? I just want to load some back-ups from a DVD-r for now and use a hard drive later.

I realize that I do not have a Trucha patched ISO36 or perhaps not even ISO36! I do not have wi-fi and cannot do a regular Wii Upgrade to menu 4.2. I'm contemplating to do a NAND restore and start over from there. What should I do?

Thanks

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
using the updated guide that has cios 19 in it what ios to use with wad manager now? 249 or 250?

I know there was issues with wad manager and the new cios19 so im just wondering.I plan on updating later tonight so the info would be helpful.

Also cios 19 works in wiiflow without any issues right?

I'm using R25 of wiiflow btw

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
the cIOS.zip is completely optional.

it contains all the combos of cIOS you can install to the slots 202,222,223,224,249, and 250.

the modify.zip already has the cIOS you should install by default.

xzxero, I realize that pack is optional, but seeing as there are some many combos, and you are the WiiMod-man
yay.gif

could you give us some insight as to the "Recommended" way to update to the latest Revs if we already followed your previous guide with the Rev17 and GP=Dop=Mod...

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Mar 21 2010, 06:41 PM) using the updated guide that has cios 19 in it what ios to use with wad manager now? 249 or 250?

I know there was issues with wad manager and the new cios19 so im just wondering.I plan on updating later tonight so the info would be helpful.

icpmattj, I would say it does or doesn't have any real issues, but I don't think its fully supported as of yet.

r-win has made some huge updates the last few weeks and only this week did he start to add Hermes V5. Not sure what the time frame is for cios 19 but follow this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=204106

there are 2 compiled versions of the latest wiiflow for either 249 or 222/223 as the default..

PR0BLEMZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I have a question.
I just bought a Wii today and it's already soft modded. I would like to un-soft mod it if possible.
Why you ask ? Because I would like to mod the system myself from start. You may think its weird, but I like
to learn for myself, instead of it already being there. By doing this, I will have knowledge later in the future or something.
So yeah, can someone help me out and tell me how to take out the soft mod and restore it to its factory state.
Thanks.

EDIT: NVM, found it.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
using the updated guide that has cios 19 in it what ios to use with wad manager now? 249 or 250?

I recommend using the combination thats in the modify.zip

I use a FAT hard drive with v4 of hermes cIOS also in the modify.zip
It works fine in Wiiflow, CFG, and GX.

v19 works fine with CFG and for the most part Wiiflow and GX.

btw, Use IOS 202 to install wad's, its the most efficient.

QUOTE(Doctair @ Mar 21 2010, 04:19 PM) xzxero, I realize that pack is optional, but seeing as there are some many combos, and you are the WiiMod-man
yay.gif

could you give us some insight as to the "Recommended" way to update to the latest Revs if we already followed your previous guide with the Rev17 and GP=Dop=Mod...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=204106
you should just update cIOS 249 if you really want to.

I use base 57 for 249 and 38 for 250

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a brand new wii and your guide worked like a breeze. Thanks. The only problem is that my game channel want me to update now. I am sure its a common problem.
Not a big deal also since I can load originals with backup launcher and im using Hdloader usually.
Also I used the old guide just before you updated it last.
Seen that before?

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sao Mortel said:
I have a brand new wii and your guide worked like a breeze. Thanks. The only problem is that my game channel want me to update now. I am sure its a common problem.
Not a big deal also since I can load originals with backup launcher and im using Hdloader usually.
Also I used the old guide just before you updated it last.
Seen that before?

Did you install priiloader and block disc updates?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
I recommend using the combination thats in the modify.zip

I use a FAT hard drive with v4 of hermes cIOS also in the modify.zip
It works fine in Wiiflow, CFG, and GX.

v19 works fine with CFG and for the most part Wiiflow and GX.

btw, Use IOS 202 to install wad's, its the most efficient.

Well i updated using the cios 19 from the modify pack.

Wiiflow R25 seems to work with no problems.It loads up fine and it played the few games i did try out without any issues.
I did notice that ios249 now will not install wads when used in wad manager,but that issue has been brought up before anyway.
ios250 worked fine for installing wads with wad manager.

The new MMM app is awesome

Thanks again for the newly updated guide
smile.gif

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how likely am I to brick my wii if I install Priiloader if Bootmii is installed at IOS, and what can be done to prevent it... because a few months ago, when I tried on my nephews wii, it kept on bricking... Though I was able to revert back

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi xzxero

I reckon the 1st post is (and always has) been confusing here as it needs to state what 481 is for (US) or (U). Just makes it a tad clearer to the punter..

Update to 4.2
Run Yet Another WAD Manager Mod from The Homebrew Channel.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Would be beter to state:- & System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [for US NTSC] , [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

PS: Excellent Guide.

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mdp_1992 said:
how likely am I to brick my wii if I install Priiloader if Bootmii is installed at IOS, and what can be done to prevent it... because a few months ago, when I tried on my nephews wii, it kept on bricking... Though I was able to revert back

I don't want to be annoying, I just wanted to know :S It's kind of nerve wrecking knowing you can brick you wii while installing Priiloader, it has happened to me numerous times a few months while softmodding my cousins wii.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mdp_1992 said:
mdp_1992 said:

I don't want to be annoying, I just wanted to know :S It's kind of nerve wrecking knowing you can brick you wii while installing Priiloader, it has happened to me numerous times a few months while softmodding my cousins wii.

It won't brick it.That was a previous release that obviously had some bugs in it.

I just modded a wii earlier today using this guide and installed priiloader without any issues.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icyrainz said:
If I install the same cIOS with different version, will it be able to replace the old one ?
If you use an installer app then yes it will replace the previous cIOS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you use the guide and try installing with the .wad files you must delete the currently installed cIOS with Any Title Deleter first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag