Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chipxtreme said:
icyrainz said:
xzxero, do you have any intention to upgrade your guide with Wanin's cIOS to v19 and Hermes' cIOS to v5 ?

I'd like to know the answer to this too.
sure why not?
only CFG and uloader have stable support though.

You guys sure you want the update?

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm two for two now
biggrin.gif
Great guide.

torsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, now i am on 4.2 from 3.3. But USB loaders does not work (usb loader gx and neogamma R8 RC3). Is it possible to re-updating and modify the wii again?
Thanks in advance
Torsk

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
I used these steps and they are OK a lot of games are working just fine.
But I can't seem to play CoD Reflex it just gives 001 error. What should I do?
Edit: Got it working using Neogamma as a channel and the beta 15 version. Now NSMB doesn't work with either of em. Pal WII and Pal NSMB cios rev 17 and neogamma rc3
LE: Getting this with Tatsunoko vs Capcom -.- Anyone can help? I have an older modchip installed on the Wii but I don't know what it is I bought it this way hence I can't upgrade it. Is this the problem?

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
chipxtreme said:
icyrainz said:
xzxero, do you have any intention to upgrade your guide with Wanin's cIOS to v19 and Hermes' cIOS to v5 ?

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

sure why not?
only CFG and uloader have stable support though.

You guys sure you want the update?

xzxero,

I'd hold out a bit as it looks like Wanin is already working on Rev20..

FAT module for rev20 has been completely rewritten. Now it's a 65% smaller and faster. The FFS plugin has been modified to work with it.

when alot more of the loaders and homebrews start supporting it, you can do a nice refresh and maybe add some of the new apps that are making real progress, YAWMM, DOP-Mii, etc..

the only other option for those who want to jump to the latest revs would be to start a new thread.
At the top of the thread you can state that this new thread directly follows this sticky guide, and then that starts the update to Hermes V5 and Rev19.

This is by far the best guide out there and works everytime (at least for me
smile.gif
) so if the new updates don't work for some readers I think you will have a lot of people begging you to put the old guide back up..

just my thoughts..
wink.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, nice guide you got here. If followed the guide, and modded 5 Wii's.

I'm having a small problem with this one though. Can anyone help?

I can install and play Wiiware, but when I try and boot a game with Usbloader GX it just black screens.

Have I missed something? I cant for the life of me figure out what's happening.

Could be it the Hard drive is not compatible?

EDIT: Just answered my own question. It was the hard drive. Happy times, Thanks for the guide once again
grog.gif

HiRuMi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Question: Can I mod my virgin 4.2 Wii by installing HBC & Bootmii then installing cIOSCORP straight away without installing the other cIOSes?... Will it work?...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HiRuMi said:
Question: Can I mod my virgin 4.2 Wii by installing HBC & Bootmii then installing cIOSCORP straight away without installing the other cIOSes?... Will it work?...
No you need cIOS249 or the cIOSCORP installer won't run read the read me that comes with cIOSCORP it would tell you this

if it's a new wii then you've got a good chance of having one of the new drives which aren't able to play games from DVD-r so cIOSCORP will be useless

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck. Installing System Menu, and it says, "Installing content #136... ERROR! (ret = -1022)". Apparently this is an SD card issue, which I read in another post in this thread, but what am I supposed to do? Turn the Wii off and change the SD card? Change the SD card while Wad Manager is still running? I'd like to try not to kill this Wii...

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, I bought a new black wii with 4.2 and I follow the guide but when I want to go to the shop channel it asks to update the shop channel via system update?

Why is that? I'm on 4.2 already! Is there another update to the shop channel? or did something go wrong?

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all
rolleyes.gif

I was wondering if anyone could help me with burning games. I search the forums and i can't seem to find the right place.
The three games i have are mario party 8, wii sports resort, and new super mario bros wii.

I have dvd+r media and the brand is memorex.

I was wondering if I have to patch them or something in order for them to work.

I currently have Usb loader gx, and neogamma. I am not sure which version i have, but maybe someone can tell me which is the best
version to use.

thanks guys.
yaywii.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
S3xii Lexii said:
Hey y'all
rolleyes.gif

I was wondering if anyone could help me with burning games. I search the forums and i can't seem to find the right place.
The three games i have are mario party 8, wii sports resort, and new super mario bros wii.

I have dvd+r media and the brand is memorex.

I was wondering if I have to patch them or something in order for them to work.

I currently have Usb loader gx, and neogamma. I am not sure which version i have, but maybe someone can tell me which is the best
version to use.

thanks guys.
yaywii.gif
if ur playing wii sports resort for the first time on your wii, u have to launch it using the alt dol (player.dol) and watch the 3 minute video before u can actually start playing the game. Lower the volume, because the video screeches a lot, when its done it will exit the game (i think it returns u to the wii menu), afterwards switch the alt dol back to play the game.

good luck S3xii

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does anyone know about all this talk about scrubbing wii games, and all that stuff?
I tried to burn NSMB with imgburn and played with usb loader gx and it didn't work

thanks guys lol

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i think usb loader are supposed to patch NSMB on the fly... but I'm not sure if it will patch it if its on a disc... why don't u try using neogamma (u can grab my autoboot mod of r8RC3* from my signature if u want) as I know for sure that it can patch NSMB off disk on the fly

edit: what exactly do u wanna know about scrubbing games? they can be played just the same as the an unscrubbed game, but it usually removes anything on the disk other than the game partition itself (ie. any update partitions are scrubbed away)

jamienieba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide has been great. I'm having trouble with the USB LOADER_GX. I got it to load, but most times it freezes when int. my usb devise. any help would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1