• Total voters

Bahamuth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sup guys,
I have hacked a couple of wiis with this guide before, when it was for 4.1
but know having met a wii which would not read the boot.elf file, I myself must do the same thing, update as a wii.

So seeing this best guide on the net has been updated to 4.2 which is awesome, there is just one thing that bothers me,

how LONG till the e-mail bot will reply?

EDIT: 4 hours later and 7 mails sended and still nothing, is it down?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey xzxero,
any chance you could make cios rev17b as wads?

Great guide
smile.gif

torsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, after following the guide (update and modify) i can't get the neogamma to work. Also tried usb loader Gx with same result. No one usb storage drive detected. I have tried with two different drives, both listed as works in the compatiblity list. Drives are formatted in WBFS with WBFS manager 3.0.
Neogamma load dvd backup correctly.
I have tried to restoring trucha bug again, but at the end i get message "no stubs found"
What do need to do?
Thanks in advance
torsk

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
torsk said:
Hi, after following the guide (update and modify) i can't get the neogamma to work. Also tried usb loader Gx with same result. No one usb storage drive detected. I have tried with two different drives, both listed as works in the compatiblity list. Drives are formatted in WBFS with WBFS manager 3.0.
I have tried to restoring trucha bug again, but at the end i get message "no stubs found"
What do need to do?
Thanks in advance
torsk
What error does it give? What cIOS did you install?

torsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tattar8 said:
torsk said:
What do need to do?
Thanks in advance
torsk
What error does it give? What cIOS did you install?
Hi, no one error, simply i can't get the neogamma or usb loader gx to work. I get only the message "Usb drive not found". And "no stubs found" when i try to restoring trucha bug again.
I have installed
cIOS202
cIOS222
cIOS223
cIOS249
cIOS250

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sorry to repeat the question, but does anyone know the difference between cIOSrev17 and cIOSrev17b?? (other than the fact that 17b is installed using sciifii, and there isn't a backup made to IOS250 when using the sciifii installer)

I know hearing the same Q's repeated twice sometimes pisses some people off... but I answer more than my fair share of Qs so plz bear with me

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
sorry to repeat the question, but does anyone know the difference between cIOSrev17 and cIOSrev17b?? (other than the fact that 17b is installed using sciifii, and there isn't a backup made to IOS250 when using the sciifii installer)

I know hearing the same Q's repeated twice sometimes pisses some people off... but I answer more than my fair share of Qs so plz bear with me
Since it's included with Sciifii, reading the Sciifii topic could help
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(arasium @ Feb 24 2010, 01:23 PM) the rev17b is the one with the DL bug fixed (ie the few bytes at the end at the second layer).

It not an official cios, it was compiled with waninkoko sources.

smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thanks TJ, I don't know how I missed that (I coulda sworn I read that topic thoroughly... i guess i musta been drunk or something, lol)

one Q though... I was under the impression rev17 had the DL bug fixed (see below)... was it actually not fixed until 17b?

QUOTE said:
[ CIOS38 rev 17 ]:

- DIP plugin improved (some code has been rewritten).
- More error 001 bug fixing.
- DVD+DL bug fixed.
- FFS plugin fixed.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
tj_cool said:
madridi4ever said:
Hey xzxero,
any chance you could make cios rev17b as wads?

Great guide
smile.gif
cIOSrev17b is only used by sciifii
There is no reason to turn it into a wad...
hey tj_cool,
17b is a cios that has dl bug fixed right? what do you mean its only used by sciifii.. it can be used as a regular cios with loaders and whatnot.. right?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
yeah it can only be installed via sciifii, we know that. but he's saying there is no point in making it a wad, which I think is wrong as it obviously work as any other cios

as for your question, rev 17 does have DL fixed, but if you try to dump a DL game (say ssbb for example) the last few bytes are corrupted or missing or something, meaning its not a 1:1 dump

17b fixes that

hxh103

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, my HBC channel turns upsidedown after applying the GP DOP-IOS MOD...? once I get out of the HBC, everything is normal.

I don't care too much about the upside down HBC, but USB Loader GX does not work, which tells me something is definitely wrong... I've pretty much followed exactly what the guide said step by step, so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

EDIT*
Also, I've done this on a virgin wii and it works fine. This one that is not working was done on an already mod wii that might have used a different method. I don't know what the other person did, but maybe there is something conflicting...?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
tj_cool said:
There is no point in making a wad of it since we can't share it anyway
rolleyes.gif
technically your right...
wink.gif

(although this guide uses wads like this already.... sooooooo.... 17b isn't any more illegal than 17, lol)
Only if you think that this guide shares the file on a legal way
wink.gif

IMO, the mail thing is just as bad as simply sharing the file directly
But it seems xzxero "has no choice"
rolleyes.gif

If I accepted the Mail thingy, I would've probably used it in my guide as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol