Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Nakchee

Trophies
XP
Country
gave all my cards and adapters connections a clean with some rubbing alchohol and succesfully backed up my nand,phew sorry about that,but at times you overlook the simpler things
frown.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
RockmanForte said:
It works! Thank you guys.

One more thing... Can I update Photo Channel, Forest Channel, News Channel, Internet Channel, and Mii Channel now ? Or only Shop Channel for 3.2u users ?
Yes, Just use the Channels section of DOP-IOS MOD

Thanks, man. I appreciate that.
smile.gif

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, is the email server dead, or doesn't it work with hotmail?
also can i use the guide if the wii is on 3.2 or 4.0? or are the instuctions different. Also i still have my own modifyd version of the 4.1 guide(made my own offline install those days) but since the new 4.2 is out and i'm to busy flashing 360's i didn't look into the 4.2 update so i dunno what to do wait for the 4.2 files form the email server or just mod the damn thing with the 4.1 guide.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BMasterP said:
Hello, is the email server dead, or doesn't it work with hotmail?
also can i use the guide if the wii is on 3.2 or 4.0? or are the instuctions different. Also i still have my own modifyd version of the 4.1 guide(made my own offline install those days) but since the new 4.2 is out and i'm to busy flashing 360's i didn't look into the 4.2 update so i dunno what to do wait for the 4.2 files form the email server or just mod the damn thing with the 4.1 guide.
check your spam folder it does work with hotmail

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
this guide works on ANY firmware (3.2 and 4.0 included)

I would recommend waiting for the email with the files (especially because I don't know if your old 4.1 guide uses apps like wiiscu 0.21 that now has brick potential)

An alternative to this guide is the complete softmod guide HERE. This guide gives more details, and it does not install cios' via wad manager but instead via the cios installer, this makes the guide 100% legal, so the files you will need have direct links on the site (not like this guide where u have to email xzxero to get the links)

masterdays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for the people who created the guide. It's really simple and explicit.

Just want to post 2 bugs that happen with my installation and how I've solved them:

1st - Installing bootmii as IOS
I was getting and error(-2) first because of wrong Filesystem FAT16 instead of FAT32.
And forgot to prepare the SD card before installing Bootmii as IOS.

2º After patching the IOS36 my HBC get inverted.
I solved it installing the HBC again...like the first steps of the Complete Installation Guide

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
masterdays said:
Many thanks for the people who created the guide. It's really simple and explicit.

Just want to post 2 bugs that happen with my installation and how I've solved them:

1st - Installing bootmii as IOS
I was getting and error(-2) first because of wrong Filesystem FAT16 instead of FAT32.
And forgot to prepare the SD card before installing Bootmii as IOS.

2º After patching the IOS36 my HBC get inverted.
I solved it installing the HBC again...like the first steps of the Complete Installation Guide
sounds like u solved them by following the instructions in the guide
tongue.gif

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to ask. I had the Wii softmodded a while ago, while on 4.1 firmware. I recently did a system reformat, returning it to a (maybe?) virgin 4.1U.

Did reformatting it clear it of everything I softmodded?

And if I do update to 4.2(to follow the now updated guide), does it have the potential to be bricked? (I recalled that updating to 4.2 bricked some nonmodded wiis).

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2wirends said:
I just wanted to ask. I had the Wii softmodded a while ago, while on 4.1 firmware. I recently did a system reformat, returning it to a (maybe?) virgin 4.1U.

And if I do update to 4.2(to follow the now updated guide), does it have the potential to be bricked? (I recalled that updating to 4.2 bricked some nonmodded wiis).
no it didnt clear everything you modded
this will

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

yes there's always a potential to brick doing just about anything on the Wii, but this is highly unlikely if you play it safe.

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
2wirends said:

no it didnt clear everything you modded
this will

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

yes there's always a potential to brick doing just about anything on the Wii, but this is highly unlikely if you play it safe.

Wait, so should I just update the wii to 4.2 and continue with the guide, or should I "virginize" it first and then do the update? (I dont have any Priiloaders, perhaps only Bootmii as a stub)

---

Things I changed with the wii at 4.1

mios
cios
bootmii
homebrew channel
some wads

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2wirends said:
Wait, so should I just update the wii to 4.2 and continue with the guide, or should I "virginize" it first and then do the update? (I dont have any Priiloaders, perhaps only Bootmii as a stub)

---

Things I changed with the wii at 4.1

mios
cios
bootmii
homebrew channel
some wads
there is a update.zip in this guide with everything you need to update to 4.2

use that.

beaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i follow all steps and it was so organize. thanks mate.

enjoy it for months, now i cant play new backup game, like guitar hero 5.

any mate can help?

beaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
others older game can play. i have try neogamma, gecko.only cannot load latest game.

any update ? mine totally original mod from this thread.

karl1295

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erm this is shitty :/ it says this installer can not continue!
Hackmii installer 0.6
there is no vulnerable IOS installed on this wii
what to do o???

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I completed everything on the list, and installed CIOS Corps. I even managed to install Neogamma. The thing is when I tried to launch, a game via disc channel it doesnt read it. If I try to launch the game via Neogamma I get a DVD Read Error (10**) I can't remember the other 2 digits. It it because I have a Wii with the new D3-2 chipset? Or because I didn't install something correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Intel UHD 4000