KingNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Completely offline, halelujah!

Wish me luck

EDIT: So I need to email you and wait for a response before I can begin this????
wacko.gif

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingNL said:
Completely offline, halelujah!

Wish me luck

EDIT: So I need to email you and wait for a response before I can begin this????
wacko.gif

Yes, email the address in the first post, and it should auto-reply with the links to download the files.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 and start the stub removal process if any are installed.

For that part I think you should change the wording to "Press Down to select "Install and IOS that accepts fakesigning".
I just modded an LU70 Wii and I didn't realize that was a selectable option. (maybe I'm just retarded!) But srsly if it helps someone in the future its a simple change. I didn't realize that you meant to literally press the Down button. I tried using IOS 60 to install a patched IOS36, which again I knew didn't make much sense! But anyway it all went great and this is a thank you post.

So Thanks. Awesome guide, great package. I hope this stays around forever.

rand0mher0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)" that's the error i get when trying to install BootMii as a boot2 on my friends 4.2u wii, any ideas?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 and start the stub removal process if any are installed.

For that part I think you should change the wording to "Press Down to select "Install and IOS that accepts fakesigning".
I just modded an LU70 Wii and I didn't realize that was a selectable option. (maybe I'm just retarded!) But srsly if it helps someone in the future its a simple change. I didn't realize that you meant to literally press the Down button. I tried using IOS 60 to install a patched IOS36, which again I knew didn't make much sense! But anyway it all went great and this is a thank you post.

So Thanks. Awesome guide, great package. I hope this stays around forever.
also add Press Left or Right on the D-pad to select IOS36 and start the stub removal process if any are installed.

have seen quite a few posts with

QUOTEI do not have IOS36 just IOS??

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rand0mher0 said:
"the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)" that's the error i get when trying to install BootMii as a boot2 on my friends 4.2u wii, any ideas?
Then that wii is too new for bootmii/boot2. There's no way to install it.

aznxrice86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so I got a new Wii 2 days ago. Its LU73 and running firmware 4.2u. So I found this thread and saw that it was updated that day so I assumed that it would be a good one to use for my 4.2u Wii. I completed what it said to do under Modify 4.2. It seems to have worked and is running fine, HBC is good and I got Homebrew Browser to work. However, now I need to get USB Loader GX and I wanted to get a guide that was based off this softmod guide. I guess you could say I'm a bit paranoid to start installing all these different cIOS's by using different guides because I've already failed one Wii so this is my second attempt. There seems to be so many different guides out there that use different cIOS's and so I honestly don't know which one to use. Could someone give me a guide for USB Loader GX that was compatible to this guide?

bob_742

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi im a noob and i tried to softmod using this guild and i experience a problem right at the beginning i put the first download (ntsc-u one) and when i tried to run it off my sd card it said i cant run that file. (by the way my wii is 4.2u and im using a micro sd card could that be the problem?)

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bob_742 said:
hi im a noob and i tried to softmod using this guild and i experience a problem right at the beginning i put the first download (ntsc-u one) and when i tried to run it off my sd card it said i cant run that file. (by the way my wii is 4.2u and im using a micro sd card could that be the problem?)

Are you running the Update or Modify part? If you are already at 4.2, you should be running the Modify files, not the Update ones.

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had my Wii packed away since last summer because of moving around the country. It's now unpacked and hooked up, but I was wondering if there is anything new to be done since then? I am on 4.0U currently. Since this is the only sticky left, I'm supposing it's best to update to 4.2U? I currently have bootmii2, Preloader .29 and 4.0U.

Do I need to do this guide to have all capabilities and if so, should I start from the beginning of the guide then? Thanks.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
MorPhiend said:
I have had my Wii packed away since last summer because of moving around the country. It's now unpacked and hooked up, but I was wondering if there is anything new to be done since then? I am on 4.0U currently. Since this is the only sticky left, I'm supposing it's best to update to 4.2U? I currently have bootmii2, Preloader .29 and 4.0U.

Do I need to do this guide to have all capabilities and if so, should I start from the beginning of the guide then? Thanks.

Yes!

Updating to 4.2 will remove everything custom you already have, leaving you with a clean system to modify again (less conflicts). It's best to go to 4.2 first, I update over the internet but be careful, just in case Nintendo have developed firmware 4.3 or something higher.

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have started re-modding. I did the update section, but it would freeze every time I went into the data management->SD Card section. So I just used Preloader to install hackmii and re-install everything. I was able to run WAD Manager 1.5 and install all IOSs just fine.

Now I am on the modify part. But I have the same problem, the elf won't load when I'm in the SD Card menu. The Wii just freezes and now I don't think I have access to Preloader anymore.

Anything I can do? And why am I re-installing what I just installed anyway?

Thanks for the help. :)

EDIT: Oh, and when I restart my Wii, I have a black screen for about 2 minutes. At first I thought I was bricked. :S

yer_maw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok great guide thanks!

One question though, can i not just update my wii to 4.2 officially online? Then do a nand backup after then?

The first part seems complicated and id rather take a back up at a point where no crack has been done

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MorPhiend said:
Well, I have started re-modding. I did the update section, but it would freeze every time I went into the data management->SD Card section. So I just used Preloader to install hackmii and re-install everything. I was able to run WAD Manager 1.5 and install all IOSs just fine.

Now I am on the modify part. But I have the same problem, the elf won't load when I'm in the SD Card menu. The Wii just freezes and now I don't think I have access to Preloader anymore.

Anything I can do? And why am I re-installing what I just installed anyway?

Thanks for the help. :)

EDIT: Oh, and when I restart my Wii, I have a black screen for about 2 minutes. At first I thought I was bricked. :S
Yay! We're back online.

So I figured out my own problem. First, the black screen must have been due to BootMii trying to boot from the SD Card. It used to boot fine, maybe I need a new SD card for the current version of BootMii to be compatible. Taking out the SD boots to System Menu 4.2U.

To run the elf, I needed to follow the directions found here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_your_Wii_for_Homebrew :
QUOTEPart 3: Setting up your Wii
Do NOT insert your SD card into the console yet
Power on your Wii and enter the Wii Settings menu
Bannerbomb version 1 (System Menu 3.0 to 4.1): Go to "Data Management" then select "Channels" and then "SD Card"
Bannerbomb version 2 (System Menu 4.2): Click the SD card icon in the bottom left of the system menu
Insert your SD card into the slot found in the front of your Wii console
A window should appear "Load Boot.dol/elf?" Click "Yes"
If all goes well, you should see a disclaimer (pic. 4); press 1 on your Wii Remote when prompted and you are ready to proceed to the next part of this tutorial. If this does not happen, please follow the next step:
If you did see the disclaimer as mention at step 6 you can skip this step. If not, go back to part 2 of this tutorial, but this time download a different version of Bannerbomb

That didn't freeze and worked fine.

Because I was just getting a black screen at Boot2 load, I went back and also installed BootMii as an IOS. I then made my backup through the HBC->Home button-> Run BootMii IOS.

Everything else worked out just fine. So now I guess I need to buy a new SD card so I can run BootMii Boot2 if I ever need to. But other than that, everything should be fine. I wonder why my SD card used to run Boot2 just fine and now it doesn't... :S

Thanks for this guide!

And I hope my difficulties can help anyone who might end up with the same problems.

andysmok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help, all was going fine until i tried to install ISO60. I chose load from sd which is where it should be and i get; could not open file: sd:/iso60-64-v6400.wad
could not open file: sd/wads/iso60-64-v6400.wad
I have tried putting it on my sd card a few times now and all seems fine as it goes on my card?

Also since i have loaded up the DOP-ISO mod my Homebrew screen is upside down and my controller is inverted?

Any help would be welcomed!

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be more specific as to what step you are on. I don't see a step where you should be installing an IOS60. I checked both the update and modify packs and don't find an IOS60 anywhere. Also, by your numerous mis-typings of "IOS" as "iso", I must ask, are you reading carefully and following the steps as they are written and not as you think they are written?

There is a step when restoring Trucha where you should be removing stubs using IOS36, but not IOS60.

andysmok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes sorry I'm use to working with shipping containers ISO's! I am at that step though
Hear's the quote:

Go right till you see IOS60. Now press - (minus) to install the old v6174 of this IOS.
It will ask you if you're sure, so press A to continue.
If you want to play installed channels (WADs) from the SD card menu, accept the Fakesign patch (press A), else you can deny it (press B) if you want to.
If it asks where to load the IOS from, choose "Download IOS from NUS" (Online guide) or "Load IOS wad from sd card" (Offline guide)
After its done, press A to return to the IOS screen, then press B to go back to the menu.

Now for the System Menu itself...
4. If you aren't on system menu 4.1 yet, choose System Menu.
Change the version to "System Menu 4.1" and change the region to the region of your Wii. Then press A to continue.
If it asks where to load from, choose "Download IOS from NUS" (Online guide) or "Load IOS wad from sd card" (Offline guide)
Let the app finish and return to the menu.

Whatever your last step was, press Home in the menu to quit.

Now you have a full, working system menu 4.1!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You're using my guide, not the one of this topic
tongue.gif

Get a IOS60-64-v6400.wad (nus downloader, enable pack->wad) and place it in the SD card root
then try again (be sure you still press - , not A)

andysmok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey sorry to waste your time but i tried it using the internet and it worked fine. I. checked in the Wii settings and i'm running version 4.1E

My Homebrew channel is still inverted though, any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way