• Total voters

grant666uk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My new Wii is on 3.3e. Rather than going through the first stage of this guide (Update to 4.2)
would it not be a lot easier to skip this and go through the wii's built in updater. Then jump to stage two. (Modify 4.2)

What is so bad about using the inbuilt updater if it just does the same thing.

Thanks for the info.

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Whelp, new problem ahoy.
Managed to boot up hackmii and install BootMii, but it didn't let me install HBC, said something about an IOS problem I think.
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Edit: Fixed. Had to install IOS36-64-v1042 via WAD manager.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
grant666uk said:
My new Wii is on 3.3e. Rather than going through the first stage of this guide (Update to 4.2)
would it not be a lot easier to skip this and go through the wii's built in updater. Then jump to stage two. (Modify 4.2)

What is so bad about using the inbuilt updater if it just does the same thing.

Thanks for the info.

yes you can also upgrade directly to 4.2 via wifi which i did awhile ago. but it takes too long or maybe my internet connection sucks.

dastrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the "system menu NUS v481.wad" install, and i got an error:

>> Installing content #09... ERROR! (ret = -1022)

What now?

My wii was already hacked, but was not working well, and not playing about half the games i tried on it. That's why i'm trying this.

dastrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and tried the rest of the steps in the "update to 4.2" section of the original post. It finished everything else, but my system is still on 4.0u.

SO i went back to try to install that system menu one, and it got past #09, but then it hung up the same way on #135. i tried it 3 times in a row, and it will start on #135 and give me an error

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dastrn said:
I went ahead and tried the rest of the steps in the "update to 4.2" section of the original post. It finished everything else, but my system is still on 4.0u.

SO i went back to try to install that system menu one, and it got past #09, but then it hung up the same way on #135. i tried it 3 times in a row, and it will start on #135 and give me an error
try installing it using a different sd card (preferably non-sdhc), its a big file, so it could take longer to install (which gives the sd card more time to fail)

i've had this happen 2 me before, but that was when I was installing via a shitty usb hard drive (SD cards are usually better for installations like this, they go to sleep less often if at all)

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
yes it does work on black wii's (and i'm pretty sure when xzxero says ANY wii, he means ANY wii, lol)

I heard that you can't install bootmii to boot2 or there were problems with playing backups

(I only want to use it for vc/wiiware/emulation like I did with the white wii).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fission said:
xflak40 said:
yes it does work on black wii's (and i'm pretty sure when xzxero says ANY wii, he means ANY wii, lol)
I heard that you can't install bootmii to boot2 or there were problems with playing backups

Black Wii's can't play Backups from disc or install Bootmii as Boot2
But they can have all the rest, including vc/wiiware/emulation

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
chaseincats said:
where did you guys get the files

on the first post it says to email him

did you ALL email him?!
Its an auto-replying mail
rolleyes.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Fission said:
xflak40 said:

Black Wii's can't play Backups from disc or install Bootmii as Boot2
But they can have all the rest, including vc/wiiware/emulation

Thank you
smile.gif
Just bought a black Wii

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
zootoxin said:
Hi guys,

I got my Wii modded (soft) and up and running fine with HBC, N64 Emu, Usb Loader_GX so thanks!!

I just have a couple of things I am hoping you can help me with.

1)When I select HBC from Priloader menu the wii crashes - System Menu works fine though.
I don't know what version of Priiloader this pack includes, but if its below 0.3b, update to that

2)When I try running HB Browser the wii just hangs on a blank screen!
Is your internet connection set up properly?

3)Is it safe to browse the internet now I have modded the wii? Yes
3a)if so. How do I get the Internet icon on my wii channel? (At the moment I just have discover the internet which is annoying)
Go to the settings and Turn WiiConnect24 ON

4)I have seen some youtube videos where people have the USB loader_GX icon on the main channel along with disc, mii etc.
I had a nosey around the internet but I get a feeling this can be a dangerous practice?
Can someone enlighten me on this and the process.
Just find a channel wad version of USB loader GX and install it with wad manager
It isn't dangerous if you get the channel from a reliable source.
I advise you to get the Forwarder (which just loads the app from the SD card)

I realise there are alot of questions here so thanks in advance
smile.gif

Thanks.

Can I just install priiloader over the existing one?
Whats a forwarder, how do i install and use one?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2U Wii...
I have a question kind of like the last... I followed the guide before it was updated and i installed the previous version of priiloader...now i tried installing or updating it to the new one which i think is r48? Well yea, i got priiloader to boot everytime i turn on the wii but ever since i "updated" it it would never autoboot to it when i turn the wii on now, it just goes straight to the health screen where i need to press "A," and everything would work though, i just want the priiloader menu to show up whenever i turn the wii on. Any help i appreciated!
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
I have a 4.2U Wii...
I have a question kind of like the last... I followed the guide before it was updated and i installed the previous version of priiloader...now i tried installing or updating it to the new one which i think is r48? Well yea, i got priiloader to boot everytime i turn on the wii but ever since i "updated" it it would never autoboot to it when i turn the wii on now, it just goes straight to the health screen where i need to press "A," and everything would work though, i just want the priiloader menu to show up whenever i turn the wii on. Any help i appreciated!
smile.gif
hold reset to access priiloader.
change its setting to autoboot priiloader instead of the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay