Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

jet2230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raphzthename said:
Out of curiousity, is it safe to delete boot.elf after you have finished installing everything? I'd like to install wad channels to my SD card without the Bannerbomb popping up every time I enter the SD channel. I assume that Bannerbomb is the private folder on the root of the SD card. Would it be perfectly safe to delete boot.elf and the private folder? Thanks.

why dont u try it and find out by backing up that folder 1st? it something goes wrong put it back

ultravista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JET - I am not sure I understand what you're saying. I am accessing the SD card through the WII menu, not the SD icon from the menu itself. What are you saying?

I also replaced the bannerbomb directory from the modify.zip with a fresh bannerbomb from the download site, the 4.2 version.

Still freezes ...

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ultravista said:
I followed the first part of the guide, the part that uses update.zip, everything went flawless, the steps were processed without error. The virgin WII went from 4.0U to 4.2U.

Moving on to the second part however, the SD card freezes / locks the system, when the files from "modify.zip" are present. I tried three different cards, they all freeze the system.

When I copy the files from "update.zip" back to one of the cards, the SD menu does not freeze the system but it displays ??? instead of asking if would like to boot. Very odd.

I re-downloaded the "modify.zip" file, reformatted, but it still locks the WII.

I removed the bannerbomb folder \private\wii\title\aktn from the card, it no longer freezes the system, but it doesn't show up as anything on the card either. In other words, I'm not prompted to load ...

The serial is LU702xxxx

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm back up and running ... I wasn't accessing the SD card through the ICON on the screen, I was going through data managament then onto SD. It only took about 50 pages of this rather lengthy thread to figure it out ....

Hope this helps someone else. For step two, the modify portion, use the SD ICON !!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

If the version in the pack is freezing your Wii, go to this site: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php
Andy try the other version it lists on your SD card instead of the included in the 'Modify.zip.'

You'll see Step 6 is where it says "if it freezes..."

Try those, if they don't work, then we'll see what is going on.

buffalo72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
buffalo72 said:
I have question. I modded my wii many months ago all was fine until my PC crashed&burned & I had to reinstall everything from the ground up. Now since I have done this every wii I mod for my mates(they are all old 3.x updated to 4.2 through the wii,so none of them have the new drives)I get error 1048 or 1051 & they wont play the new back-ups I burn, but they play all the ones I burnt before my system died. Now I`m guessing you`re gonna say I`m burning it wrong or something like that, or load through usb(which is fine for me cos I am now. but not for them!)

But if that is the case what would you suggest is the problem, I haven't changed any settings in imgburn as far as I`m aware or the type of media I use.

I`ve tried neogamma 6,7 & 8beta17 stiil no joy!!

Any help sorting or at least explaining why this is happening would be appreciated
Did you re-hack it after the update?

QUOTE(ASTRAL2k1 @ Jan 23 2010, 08:48 PM) There seems to be conflicting info everywhere regarding stub removal, some say remove them while others say not to ??
If they;re not currently being used by nintendo then they have no purpose right? And if nintendo ever decide to reuse them can't we simply reinstall them?
Only remove the stubs for IOS 222,223,249 and 250
The rest can stay

Yeah re-hacked follwing this guide & hacked 2 other wii`s using same guide. As I said the old back-ups I have work fine but the new ones dont?

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought a black wii for my son

I've modded a few wiis with this guide but cant even get new black one to recognize SD card

it's on 4.2E (from out the box) any ideas guys,
cheers john

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:
Just bought a black wii for my son

I've modded a few wiis with this guide but cant even get new black one to recognize SD card

it's on 4.2E (from out the box) any ideas guys,
cheers john

What brand/size SD card?
And where did you buy it?

Was it used in any other electronics device first?

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes it was used b4 it's a 2gb kingston micro sd in an adapter used it on white wii with no probs

gonna try a sandisk 4gb sdhc micro now will report back.

dont have any full sized sd's never needed em b4

thanks

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
seems to be solved now!!

Used a sandisk 2 gb micro sd in a sandisk adapter - no joy

Used a 4gb micro sdhc in the same adapter and all worked fine.

I wonder if there are compatibility issues with Black Wii's and SD's??

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
will this work on a new/black wii ?
and can you still use the dvd-driver for games ?...or will only the usb-hdd work?

sorry for my bad english

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
delvis said:
will this work on a new/black wii ?
and can you still use the dvd-driver for games ?...or will only the usb-hdd work?

sorry for my bad english

I have not found a black Wii that will read discs. USB may be the only way to go. Same with most of the new white Wii consoles.

Your English is good.
smile.gif

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody saw my post a page or two back here is an update to my situation. I have been able to run some programs like anytitle deleter, wadmanager, and things like that by using bannerbomb to run them. I tried running the cioscorp uninstaller that way but it wouldn't work. If only I could get into bootmii I could restore the nand image I made and all would be good again. Does anyone know how to run bootmii using bannerbomb?

Thanks,

iamwally

pannta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome guide! it reale help me alot i just update from 3.4u to 4.2u with it, the wii back ups run great even the new mario, but i want to ply Gc back ups too!

uomopinza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I've updated to cIOS rev17 and now the Gamecube Backup Launcher doesn't work any more !

What do I have to do ?

Do I have to launch again the MIOS patcher ?

In case, which MIOS version must I use ?

Can you please provide me some links ?

Thank you so much !

delvis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ToneEQ said:
I have not found a black Wii that will read discs. USB may be the only way to go. Same with most of the new white Wii consoles.

Your English is good.
smile.gif
ok thx now i know that i am not the only one with this problem
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__