longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 2 2010, 03:23 PM) hi there,
i think i have conflict between wad manger and newgamma i can't install cIOS249-v14 overwrite cIOS249-v16 and i can't delete or (un)install neogamma
how can i remove my neogamma and install cIOS249-v14 by wad manager
thanks
are you using IOS36 to install rev14 with wadmanager

use ATD or wad manager using IOS36 to uninstall/delete neogamma

Posts merged

ageofaurum said:
tj_cool said:
For people having problems with the trucha steps:

I reposted the steps using the Trucha Bug Restorer here

These should work if DOP-IOS MOD fails

Soooooooooooo where do i put this tbc?????????????
do i just put it wherever i want in my sd or do i put it into dop ios mod folder?
ty
extract the zip file and copy the TBR folder to the apps folder on your sd card

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ageofaurum said:
Soooooooooooo where do i put this tbc?????????????
do i just put it wherever i want in my sd or do i put it into dop ios mod folder?
ty
you place the TBR folder in the apps folder on the SD card
its unrelated to DOP-IOS MOD

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
martinezgene said:
not sure if this anything to do with people having problems with the Dop-IOS mod but there is v10.1

The changes for Dop-IOS MOD v10.1 are as follows:
* Fixed a typo on the main menu causing serious confusion
* Added a bit of code to display error messages for an infinitely longer amount of time so people can easily read them

which version is in the dl package.
version 10.1 is included in the package

spanner123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I respectfully suggest that the original guide is put back on the first page as it was simply the best. As a complete noob I had no problems with it and now since it has gone there seems to be lots of people having problems.

tamersaid81@yaho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks very much for your help
i didn't install neogamma by wad I just load it from homebrew so i deleted it now,i tried use WAD and ATD but no way still can't install cIOS249-v14,all working fine apart from cIOS249-v14 i still have cIOS249-v16 my wii new dos't support DVD so i will go to usb HDD soon.
thanks

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to update to 4.2E from 4.1E but i'd like to know if updating via xzxero's method deletes bootmii Installed as boot2 and the homebrew channel?.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spanner123 said:
Can I respectfully suggest that the original guide is put back on the first page as it was simply the best. As a complete noob I had no problems with it and now since it has gone there seems to be lots of people having problems.

+1000

that guide was perfect.

Last edited by sindrik,

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys is there anyone out there who would happen to know which ios to use when i am going to install the systemmenu wad back again?

I alread downloaded the system menu with NUS downloader and it is packed in wad form.
Should I keep the original name of the wad file?
Also when I start up wad manager, I am not sure which IOS to use at first?

Thanks guys
wub.gif

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
S3xii Lexii said:
hey guys is there anyone out there who would happen to know which ios to use when i am going to install the systemmenu wad back again?

I alread downloaded the system menu with NUS downloader and it is packed in wad form.
Should I keep the original name of the wad file?
Also when I start up wad manager, I am not sure which IOS to use at first?

Thanks guys
wub.gif
use 249 if you have it

kwang207

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but

When I install a patched IOS36, I can not go forward due to this following error message,
--------------------------------------------------------------------
could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad
could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad.out.wad
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please help me out?

burnie

Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys had version 3.1 and beatles rockband and band hero would not work so started to upgrade firmware to 4.2E installed that ok (according to system menu) so usb loader would not work so started the modify step and now had sd card menu as option, so far so good but in thc i have dop ios mod preloader and wad manager, go into dop ios and follow instructions but dont get the final option of pressing 1 (from sd and nus loading) but get mesage of installing ios 257 before going to this message:
we are now returning you to your loader. if you successfully installed a fakesign accepting ios select ios 36 as your ios to load when you return to dop-ios mod.
so if i then choose ios 36 it successfully loads. choose ioss and have upto date versions currently installed with the exception of ios15 which is v257. so do the iso36 hash etc and ticket done followed by content 1/15 - 15/15 all done. followed by es_addcontentstart(0000000100000024, 0) failed: -1017
install returned -1
installation complete
error something failed. (ret: -1)
so then tried truch bug restrer and that fails on both sd and nus by not finding wad files ios15 -64-v26.wad and ios15 -64-v26.wad.out.wad
still have usb loader in menu but no games are loading so just need to know if i am doing anything wrong
any help is appreciated.

ageofaurum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright its me again >o< sry
ok installed everything alright yay....
but then i got neogamma r8 beta15 and everything seemed alright except that instead of the loading disc screen i got nothing just a black screen and had to reset wii :s
then i searched a little and found that i should install cIOS38_rev16(to get 249 and 250 working fine i guess), so i downloaded is but when i run it mi wiimote starts flashing and shuts down so ihave to again reset the wii
is iti a prob with the ios or just the loader?
what should i do?

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ageofaurum said:
but then i got neogamma r8 beta15 and everything seemed alright except that instead of the loading disc screen i got nothing just a black screen and had to reset wii :s
then i searched a little and found that i should install cIOS38_rev16(to get 249 and 250 working fine i guess), so i downloaded is but when i run it mi wiimote starts flashing and shuts down so ihave to again reset the wii
what should i do?
use rev14 for neogamma

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Suckage! Total suckage! Why was the tutorial updated in the first place? I remember back in Novemeber. I've seen this tutorial, followed all the steps, done! Everything worked perfectly fine. Not a single problem. And today? I see the tutorial and try to follow the steps, but since what's written there obviously doesn't make any sense I failed relatively soon. I mean it took me over an hour to get anywhere with the Trucha Bug thanks to how awesome it is written. It contains steps that that were only present in Trucha Bug Restorer (like the "Press 1") and misses many steps present in DOP-IOS MOD v10. And sadly it's not even like the steps there are obvious steps. Most the time there are at least two options that would suite the description.

Even when I finally got somewhere (Using Trucha Bug Restorer, duh! DOP-IOS MOD v10 couldn't find some files that were necessary for installation) it was just to find out that nothing works at all. I'm pretty much where I started except I wasted, like, 2 1/2 hours. Please, if you "update" your tutorial again, make sure the part you changed works fine and easy to understand for everyone. DOP-IOS MOD v10 was supposed to make everything easier, but it just made everything a whole lot harder.

ageofaurum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
ageofaurum said:
what should i do?
use rev14 for neogamma

Alright ty

i installed it but still cant load neogamma, tried both from hbc and from menu but i still get a black screen....is it neogamma??? should i try another loader...should i reinstall 202, 222 and 223 as well?

ageofaurum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
202.222 and 223 have nothing to do with disk loading so there's no need to install again have you got a patched IOS36

ya i have
i already finished the guide with no troubles thats why i'm a little lost as why i cant load neogamma...
i havent touched anything else just what the guide says
i havent messed up anything
also its not loading at all i dont even get the screen where is says to run from dvd/usb/sd it just goes black...

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does it take for update.zip to be sent via e-mail, automated process or what? Need this done soon for a friend. Or is there a link offsite? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~