• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you mind pasting the "very first step" here so we know what you are talking about? i'm looking at what i consider the very first step and have no idea what you're asking for.

Arfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just FYI: I used xzxero's guide to softmod my launch Wii (many thanks, idiotproof guide there!), installed NeoGamma R8B12 and was able to play a disc of NSMB (vanilla ISO, untouched) for hours and hours through it. No need for patched ISO's, so that's great!

Only thing is that the disc channel says "system update" when I put in the NSMB disc, but I guess that can be fooled through using WiiBrickBlocker first, then burning the DVD.

Again, many thanks for the excellent guide and a happy X-mas!

oxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Everything was going fine until I got to the part where I was supposed install bootmii. I got a weird code dump so I reset the Wii and went back. Then I tried again and bootmii would only allow me to install as a IOS. It said installation failed and now when I try to boot boot.elf from the first zip it gives me it no longer automatically gives me the option to boot boot.elf like it did before and gives me a question mark channel. When I try to continue the process and try to load the stuff from the modify.zip from the SD card, the Wii Freezes.

The Wii is now 4.2U and has a homebrew channel. I'd like to know how to proceed so I don't mess anything up anymore. Thanks ahead of time for the help and I'll answer any questions.

update, i finish going through with the process entire process and now I have a upside down hbc. Assuming my wii still plays games and I have hbc, did the install go correctly? boot.elf won't load from the data management and i'm not sure if bootmii installed properly...

AlphaOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible just to update the wii ? and leave the rest off? i just want to be able to update my modded wii so i could play new games.

warsawcrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a stupid thing. I did NOT delete bootmii folder, nand.bin and keys.bin before going on to the next steps.

Now that I've wised up and deleted those files from my SD card, can I go back and REDO those steps (Truncha bug, Remove Titles, cIOS Install, System Hacks)?

I only ask because im not seeing cIOS on the HBC (it also did not prompt to leave NADA disabled when installing) and I cant access System Hacks.

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSPanther said:
Perfect guide, modded a 4.2 JP Wii without any trouble at all. Thank You!
Yeah I wish I was so lucky. Ok listen to this noob screwup: I have a wii that had firmware 3.4 U til I started to do update step of this tutorial. Finished installing all the files and proceeded to do this step: "You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip". I read it as to delete everything off the SD card. So after finding my screwup i restored the deleted Bootmii files and then added the modify.zip files. But now I can't launch the Bannerbomb from the SD menu or Channels. I have HBC but the only app on there is WadManager. WadManager allows me to access Bootmii but I'm not doing anything til I get some feedback. Can I still continue the hack from here or do I need to start over and if so how without bricking my wii? HELP OPLEASE OPLEASE!!!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outcast22 said:
DSPanther said:
Perfect guide, modded a 4.2 JP Wii without any trouble at all. Thank You!
Yeah I wish I was so lucky. Ok listen to this noob screwup: I have a wii that had firmware 3.4 U til I started to do update step of this tutorial. Finished installing all the files and proceeded to do this step: "You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip". I read it as to delete everything off the SD card. So after finding my screwup i restored the deleted Bootmii files and then added the modify.zip files. But now I can't launch the Bannerbomb from the SD menu or Channels. I have HBC but the only app on there is WadManager. WadManager allows me to access Bootmii but I'm not doing anything til I get some feedback. Can I still continue the hack from here or do I need to start over and if so how without bricking my wii? HELP OPLEASE OPLEASE!!!

you mustn't have added the files properly from the modify.zip to the sd card

in the apps folder on your sd card you should have 4 folders

AnyTitleDeleterMOD
Priiloader
Trucha Bug Restorer
WadManager

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with this guide i was able to mod 6 wii's this last week and upgraded about 10 wii's that i moded
smile.gif

abhik

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
can i use my usb instead of SD card because i dont have ittt. and can you tell me actually i dont want to update but i have 3.2u and i want to play online game with other people around the world. but when i try to connect to internet, the wii tests the connection and then it says update the firmware. but i dont want to update so can you how i can connect to internet and play online without updating it to 4.2u version becaz i am fine with 3.2u and when i tried playing tennis online it says connecting to Nintendo wifi and then when i select join any room. it says no rooms are there is it because i have not updated to 4.2 so i am not connected to internet and thats why it cant find it or is it because of no one playing the game. plzzz help me on is it compulsory to update to connect to internet.

And are you sure my modded wii wont brick if i update becaz many people outside say that 4.2 is dangerous to modified wii and i dont know if my wii has moddified chip installed and if i use your update pack so can i connect to internet as i think your pack will only update shop channels and other things not internet and wii connect 24 or does it update all the system to 4.2u. but then wats the diff between your pack and updating from onlinee. plzzz reply i know i am asking too much but i am a noob thanksssssssssssssssss... and after updating will it delete my HB channel and all other channel. and should i update using your method or should i update using the option in the wii setting or when the wii tests the internet connection and says to update. which one should i use help me. if i can play online game using 3.2u version then i dont want to update... plzzzz tell me wayyyy

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
warsawcrew said:
I did a stupid thing. I did NOT delete bootmii folder, nand.bin and keys.bin before going on to the next steps.

Now that I've wised up and deleted those files from my SD card, can I go back and REDO those steps (Truncha bug, Remove Titles, cIOS Install, System Hacks)?

I only ask because im not seeing cIOS on the HBC (it also did not prompt to leave NADA disabled when installing) and I cant access System Hacks.

I dont believe that has anything to do with not deleting the folders. You would have just failed to install part/s of the guide correctly. When you redo the guide, make sure everything installs correctly and that your not missing anything. Gl:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol