Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

troupe20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am on 4.2 (via wanikios [sp?] update) with rev14 and neogamma r8 b7. I am now trying to get the hbc back on my wii and when I use bannerbomb and the hackmii installer it tells me that there are no vulnerable IOS in which to install the contents so it only allows me to exit the installer, I am awaiting the .zip file but I am wondering if this is something that will help me being that I have already updated to rev14 trying to play nsmb (which I still cant get to work) Any help will be appreciated.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
Ok this probable isn't the right area for this question, and it's another noob question. I followed XZXERO's guide everything was way too easy, I guess now it's the hard part. what now? I don't need to play backup disk games my son takes good care of the ones we have. But he wanted to play vectorman. I have the .wad file. I try loading it through wad manager on the usb ret-1 no luck. I am not getting the happy feel good stuff from modding.

But we did get Space Invaders, and Centipede from the HB browser
smile.gif
Maybe it's the .wad you got. If you want some of the "happy feel good stuff from modding" use emulators. They run games really well and you can even save snapshots of where you are at that moment in the game. No need to keep playing until you get a password or save point. The only .wad files I install are WiiWare and channels.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
rontonimo said:
Ok this probable isn't the right area for this question, and it's another noob question. I followed XZXERO's guide everything was way too easy, I guess now it's the hard part. what now? I don't need to play backup disk games my son takes good care of the ones we have. But he wanted to play vectorman. I have the .wad file. I try loading it through wad manager on the usb ret-1 no luck. I am not getting the happy feel good stuff from modding.

smile.gif
Maybe it's the .wad you got. If you want some of the "happy feel good stuff from modding" use emulators. They run games really well and you can even save snapshots of where you are at that moment in the game. No need to keep playing until you get a password or save point. The only .wad files I install are WiiWare and channels.
Thank you for your reply. I have the N64 emulator through the HB channel can I put a rom on the sd card without having to format the WSMB thing. There is no way I can install .Net framworks on this computer. to install WSMB manager.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
beanybala said:
hi quick question
i am on the Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.

i can only find IOS22 is this the right one, but its one digit missing, is this a problem i ;ve already deleted.

and my wii homebrew channel has gone upside down after i done this
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

Thx!

Ofcourse thats a problem. IOS22 is not a stub IOS although im not sure what it does u wont b able to do something that u could before. In the guide it says to reinstall Homebrew Channel after the update. Im guessing you skipped this because you thought u didnt need it cause the update didnt delete it. But reinstalling it is what stops it from going upside down. The guide says only delete IOS 222, 223, 249 and 250. "If any of them are not there, don't worry and carry on". So why would you delete IOS22? You might find yourself run into some problems in the future or with some games, not sure though.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
EeZeEpEe said:
rontonimo said:

smile.gif
Thank you for your reply. I have the N64 emulator through the HB channel can I put a rom on the sd card without having to format the WSMB thing. There is no way I can install .Net framworks on this computer. to install WSMB manager.
ROMs for emulators are just drag and drop. All you need is for your SD card to be FAT32 formatted. Are you refering to a WBFS manager? Those are for managing Wii games on a USB device.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
^^
Well that is a big relief. Thanx for the help EeZeEpEe, this forum is the best.
there are also WBFS managers that do not need the .net frameowork to be installed.
but thats not your case
biggrin.gif

happyecho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help needed!!!!!!!!!!
I updated my wii to 4.2 in the first step. I tried to do the 2nd step by extracting the modify.zip into SD card.
I tried to access the SD card channel, then my wii freezes....I have to power down and power it up again.
I just can not go through to the 2nd step.
I might get something wrong in the first step and then I deleted HBC channel in my wii data managment.
I tried to do the first step "4.2 update" again...But my wii can not read the ntscupdate.zip from my sd card.
There is only one "?" symbol in the SD channel there...
What I can do? I think I might screw up something but I don't know what's going on.
I am totally new to this wii software hack thing...

Cornholio351239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I likely to run into any problems installing this 4.2 update on an wii that has been updated to 4.2 using the official nintendo update?

I am planning to install hbc etc and then reinstall ios70 and system menu 4.2 then the remaining ios files etc,

spanner123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cornholio351239 said:
Am I likely to run into any problems installing this 4.2 update on an wii that has been updated to 4.2 using the official nintendo update?

I am planning to install hbc etc and then reinstall ios70 and system menu 4.2 then the remaining ios files etc,

Hi mate
Already answered page196 "Hi to everyone,
Having read and re-read all of the guide and the posts I have sucessfully modded my wii. THANKYOU!!
But just some advice for others- if you have a virgin (unmodded Wii below 4.2 then update it via the official nintendo updates to 4.2 then use the modify.zip files . It works"

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It worked with me no problems at all, just start at the modify step, remember it's offline. IDK if that makes a difference but it seemed to in my case. If the Trucha Bug Restorer doesn't work after a lot of try's I will send you a link for the other one that XZXERO provided.

My bad someone already answered the Q. Man I must be stoned.

superskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I was soft modding a friends wii using the handy guide posted in this thread (it was before Hermes was installed with wad files) as I was using Hermesuloader_v3.0B

I can't remember what IOS and merging options where chosen, but they weren't the recommended ones.

One I realized that the wrong choices were selected I ran it three times using the recommended merged options thinking it would over write the wrong settings I had previously input. After doing this Guitar Hero 5 still boots to a black screen so I assume I did something wrong.

What should I do to fix this? And is there a newer version of the Hermes CIOS I should be using.

pmouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) I recently modified my wii with this guide, with great success (14-11-2009) to version 4.2. Now if i want to modify my wii with the newest guide (26-11-2009), i must update again to 4.2 and then modify 4.2 ?

2) I didn't try to connect to the internet through my wifi before the modification and now i can not connect to it. It throws Error Code 51330 (Unable to connect to internet). I updated from version 4.0e to 4.2e with this guide and not from the nintendo.

Cruton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happyecho said:
help needed!!!!!!!!!!
I updated my wii to 4.2 in the first step. I tried to do the 2nd step by extracting the modify.zip into SD card.
I tried to access the SD card channel, then my wii freezes....I have to power down and power it up again.
I just can not go through to the 2nd step.
I might get something wrong in the first step and then I deleted HBC channel in my wii data managment.
I tried to do the first step "4.2 update" again...But my wii can not read the ntscupdate.zip from my sd card.
There is only one "?" symbol in the SD channel there...
What I can do? I think I might screw up something but I don't know what's going on.
I am totally new to this wii software hack thing...

I'm a total noob too.
Just started learning about wii-hacking 2 days ago.
Maybe I can help, though.
I had the exact same problem as you.
It would lock up when I tried to do the modify portion.
My problem was that I had to read the directions carefully.
It says to go to the SD Card Menu to load Bannerbomb, not Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf.
Once I clicked on the SD Card Menu which is the little picture of the SD Card down by the Wii Setting button, it worked.
So, try that out, if that is the mistake you are making.

Cruton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, see the post above.
Another noob here.
I started out with an older wii that had 4.0u on it.
Followed the guide to update. Worked great.
Followed the guide to modify. Seemed to work just fine.
Now what I am trying to do is configure a USB loader.
I am reading up on all the loaders and such.
Followed the instructions for WBFS for windows, got a 2gig fat32 parition, and a 295GB WBFS partition on my usb HDD.
Go the wiiflow loader working on my SD card, but it can't seem to find my USB HDD.
I made sure it is in port 0.
I did find one post on the net somewhere from a guy with the same problem saying that he just plugged another usb device into the other port, and it started working. Tried that, but no luck.

I am probably leaving out some other info, so please let me know.
I just want to be able to play my backups off a HDD and save my CDs so the kids don't ruin them.
If anyone has a link to a great step-by-step guide, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Cruton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helping is just the name of the game, so thanks xflak40.

I had looked at that link before, and I had read the top one about wbfs for Windows.
I didn't read the bottom one about the FAT for Windows and using the Wii Backup Manager.
That might work, so thanks again.
I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...