Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

pmouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) I recently modified my wii with this guide, with great success (14-11-2009) to version 4.2. Now if i want to modify my wii with the newest guide (26-11-2009), i must update again to 4.2 and then modify 4.2 because i see more IOS files in the update procedure?

2) I didn't try to connect to the internet through my wifi before the modification and now i can not connect to it. It throws Error Code 51330 (Unable to connect to internet) if i have auto IP and Error Code 52130 if i choose manual IP and DNS.
I also changed the channel to 1 or 11.
I don't have gamecube memory inside the wii.
I set my router to access all MAC addresses.
I closed the firewall of the router.
I updated from version 4.0e to 4.2e with this guide and not from the nintendo.

Any help, thanks...

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. I just updated a month ago with your old guide, and now like pmouz is mentioning some more ios files is added? I know want to know if i have to install them just manually, without any change and is it nescessary? How come more files are added?

jim327

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just used this guide to update from 3.3e to 4.2e, but when I insert an original Wii Sports Resort disc it asks to update.
Is it safe to update off the disc or is there something I have done wrong??

migulkenny

Trophies
XP
Country
hey ppl
just did the toturial anda erevithing worked ok... execpt... i cant play some games, ( ex. new super mario bos, sports resort) is it normal???? is there a way to play this games?`

tks

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone Im new here, the names Lexi lol. Anyways wondering if you guys could help me cuz I don't know what's going on lol here is my info below lol
unsure.gif

Guide used: Modify any Wii 4.2 & below
Wii firmware: 3.2U LU50

I followed exact instructions and successfully installed everything the guide has to offer on a 4.0U LU64, HOWEVER when I tried to do the same with the above wii, the farthest I could get to was to the beginning part of "Modify 4.2". The only thing that I did do different was that I installed Bootmii as an IOS when I did in fact had to chance to install it as Boot2. So I extracted the "modify.zip" onto my sd card, and when I went to try and use bannerbomb via "Settings> Data Management> Channels>SD Card", it froze and did this every time I tried to reinstall the HBC so that it could run under the correct IOS's as specified by the guide.

Is there a reason as to why this happened? Is there any way to fix this so that it doesn't freeze?
Any help is deeply appreciated, thank you very much my fellow gbatemp members.
rolleyes.gif

guidingstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I am interested in playing wii backup games I have 4 kids and they are trashing my original discs I have 4.2E and have managed to get the homebrew channel, but now stuck until I get a gamecube controller and a bigger sd card for the NAND dump. What I would like to know is once I follow the rest of the tutorial will my Original games still work or will they try to update my wii and scrub my homebrew channel and end up back at square one? sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure u are using the correct version of bannerbomb (v1 if on 4.1 and under, v2 if on 4.2)

make sure u launch v1 via "Settings> Data Management> Channels>SD Card"

launch v2 via the sd card button on the main system menu

make sure that the only channel saved to your private folder is bannerbomb (in other words, move or rename your personal 'private' folder with any saves before copying bannerbomb to your sd card

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
make sure u are using the correct version of bannerbomb (v1 if on 4.1 and under, v2 if on 4.2)

make sure u launch v1 via "Settings> Data Management> Channels>SD Card"

launch v2 via the sd card button on the main system menu

make sure that the only channel saved to your private folder is bannerbomb (in other words, move or rename your personal 'private' folder with any saves before copying bannerbomb to your sd card

hey thanks for the response lol. anyways shouldn't the modify.zip already have the compatible bannerbomb in it since after all it is for the 4.2 update.

sublimemovement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I would have found this guide first but instead i found this one http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183064 I followed it to the letter and everything seams to be working great.

My question is can any thing in this guide be done to improve upon what i have already done?

the system is already 4.2u and as per other guide soft mod appears to be working.

thanks in advance

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guidingstar said:
Hi I am interested in playing wii backup games I have 4 kids and they are trashing my original discs I have 4.2E and have managed to get the homebrew channel, but now stuck until I get a gamecube controller and a bigger sd card for the NAND dump. What I would like to know is once I follow the rest of the tutorial will my Original games still work or will they try to update my wii and scrub my homebrew channel and end up back at square one? sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

if u install preloader u can block the wii from doing disc updates and nintendo online updates in its system menu hacks. u mention kids in the house , which is my situation also, so I'll tell u what i did. connect a external usb hdd to the wii. then u can backup ur original discs to the hdd with a usb loader of ur choice (i use cfg usbloader).set preloader to autoboot to the hbc and return to autoboot in its settings and the kids cant do anything but load the games using the usbloader u installed. cfg usbloader has a simple mode that disables all options and u use a password to get to settings that u dont want to be accessed by ur kids. it makes the wii pretty bulletproof from anyone screwing it up but u
smile.gif

beanybala

Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew Ninja said:
beanybala said:
hi quick question
i am on the Select IOS222 & press A to delete.

Thx!

Ofcourse thats a problem. IOS22 is not a stub IOS although im not sure what it does u wont b able to do something that u could before. In the guide it says to reinstall Homebrew Channel after the update. Im guessing you skipped this because you thought u didnt need it cause the update didnt delete it. But reinstalling it is what stops it from going upside down. The guide says only delete IOS 222, 223, 249 and 250. "If any of them are not there, don't worry and carry on". So why would you delete IOS22? You might find yourself run into some problems in the future or with some games, not sure though.

Oh i didn;t have homebrew channel before, yesterday was my first time attempt trying to install home brew channel. thx for the info

please help me wiv the IOS22 problems, is there a way to fix it? thank you

guidingstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeedds said:
guidingstar said:

if u install preloader u can block the wii from doing disc updates and nintendo online updates in its system menu hacks. u mention kids in the house , which is my situation also, so I'll tell u what i did. connect a external usb hdd to the wii. then u can backup ur original discs to the hdd with a usb loader of ur choice (i use cfg usbloader).set preloader to autoboot to the hbc and return to autoboot in its settings and the kids cant do anything but load the games using the usbloader u installed. cfg usbloader has a simple mode that disables all options and u use a password to get to settings that u dont want to be accessed by ur kids. it makes the wii pretty bulletproof from anyone screwing it up but u
smile.gif

Thanks for the advice, I will let you know how I get on I have an external hard drive doing nothing, so I may as well put it to good use. I also hope my partner can still play her super mario bros game from disc, that is all she is bothered about, as I have heard there is some kind of new protection used on super mario so might be harder to back up? I only noticed it whilst trawling around the net forums, so didn't give it too much of a look lol I suppose if i am using some sort of loader for the kids stuff, her game will just work as it always has without too many problems. Hope so otherwise i'm in the doghouse!

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guidingstar said:
zeedds said:
guidingstar said:

smile.gif

Thanks for the advice, I will let you know how I get on I have an external hard drive doing nothing, so I may as well put it to good use. I also hope my partner can still play her super mario bros game from disc, that is all she is bothered about, as I have heard there is some kind of new protection used on super mario so might be harder to back up? I only noticed it whilst trawling around the net forums, so didn't give it too much of a look lol I suppose if i am using some sort of loader for the kids stuff, her game will just work as it always has without too many problems. Hope so otherwise i'm in the doghouse!

I've been playin nsmb no problem from my hdd. I had to use alt dol method but I believe the newest cfg usbloader plays it straight outta the box with no extra steps needed . so u may as well back it up to hdd and use it that way. its only like 350MB once loaded on the drive. then just put the disc away fer safe keeping.

Thekirby45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I wonder if someone an help me with this step!

QUOTE said:
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
Install cIOS222[38]-v4.wad
Install cIOS223[38+37]-v4.wad
Install either cIOS249-v14.wad or cIOS249-v15.wad
Install either cIOS250-v14.wad or cIOS250-v15.wad
Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

I have done all the previous steps but when I got to install my wads I have none of theses files mentioned aboved. Am I suppose to download them or create them from some program?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thekirby45 said:

QUOTE said:

I have done all the previous steps but when I got to install my wads I have none of theses files mentioned aboved. Am I suppose to download them or create them from some program?
get them from the zip files provided

Thekirby45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Thekirby45 said:

QUOTE said:

get them from the zip files provided
Im sorry I don't see the Zip Files I only see the two links they give me above like
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

I already did the trucha bug step and I did do the first link program but nothing shows up still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!