EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slave said:
Hi, I've used the soft mode instruction, everything went fine but I have a problem now.

I can install Wiiware and VC on the console... I can also transfer them on the SD card... but when I go in the SD Card menu of the wii... and I see my VC or Wiiware I placed there... if I try to load it, it'll say that it couldnt read the Game... now if I try to transfer the game back to the wii, I'll get the same error.

I didnt updated to 4.2U since I already had the 4.1U and wanted to stick with it so I only made the MODIFY section. Could this be causing the problem of the SD Card?

Thanks!
Could be the WADs. When you first install them do the games work straight off the System Menu?

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS FOR THE GREAT GUIDE>>>> EVERYTHING WORKING GREAT SO FAR>>

Just need to read on the usb hd next.

YOU GUYS ROCK

THANKS AGAIN AND HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS

reccasux

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks alot for the help posting such an easy guide. Btw, I currently have a Wii 3.0 with capability to play homebrew games, has gamma in it, usb loader and can play games of all region. So basically this Wii is not virgin. Hence to my question, do I just start by running the WAD manager step under the Update section of your guide? And sorry for the noob question, but will this mod be able to play games of all region, as under the upgrade and downgrade section, you mention use files specific to our region (NTSC, PAL). Sorry again and thanks a million for the help.

Best regards,
reccasux

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
lostdwarf said:
can someone tell me how to boot the HBC from bootmii please, it hangs when i try launching it but from the channel it works fine.
it worked before i used this guide but i also had a very old version of the HBC before.

i am worried as i make my own channels and now if i banner brick i will not be able to launch the HBC.
please help me.

PAL Wii
sys menu 4.2
bootmii boot 2 and ios

checked any title deleter and my HBC is definately now JODI, i'm sure it used to be called HAXX

xzxero please help me out ...

You could still have an old version of bootmii that trys to boot the HAXX channel.

Update bootmii with the latest hackmii installer.

ok thank you very much, I will try this after work. How do i bring up the hackmii installer in HBC? or does it just implament on updates?
Nevermind, i will check wiibrew.
thankyou icpmattj and thank you for the fantastic guide xzxero

spanner123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi- quick question- my modded wii is working fine but I only installed bootmii as boot 2 and reading the guide it seems you install it twice as boot 2 and ios which way is correct?

mainframe999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I´m receving error 001.
I applied the modify 4.2 steps.
But I´m not sure about "after modding" steps.
I downloaded Neogamma R8 ( but i can´t find it in Homebrew browser ??)
Is there more something to install ? cIOSCorp 3.5 ??
thanks

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spanner123 said:
Hi- quick question- my modded wii is working fine but I only installed bootmii as boot 2 and reading the guide it seems you install it twice as boot 2 and ios which way is correct?
It's fine to have only boot2. Having both boot2 and IOS is just extra precautionary.

gordian

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi Guys,

My bad for missing the tiny link, "Korean Wiis are modded differently." and brick my Wii.

Now its showing error 003. Is there any method that I can use to unbrick this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Cornholio351239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero. Many thanks for the excellent guide. Updated from a 3.4e with corrupt system menu to 4.1e, and then used this guide to update to 4.2e. Loaded priiloader and all is working fine.

Cornholio351239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero. Not sure if you saw my post a couple of pages back regarding the links in your e-mail. The 4.2e link in your simplisticmod email links to a file with 20ish ios files whereas the 4.2e link in the modifyanywii email links to a file with 39 ios files in the WAD folder.

i initially started using the link with the 20ish ios files but it didn't get any further than part way through the trucha bug steps. Can you change the link in the simplisticmod email.

Cheers,

Rob.

beanybala

Trophies
XP
Country
hi quick question
i am on the Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.

i can only find IOS22 is this the right one, but its one digit missing, is this a problem i ;ve already deleted.

and my wii homebrew channel has gone upside down after i done this
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

Thx!

roromio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii 4.1u
neogamma 7
cIOS38rev14
why cant play these game
fire fighters
-go diego
-mario party 8
-dragon ball
-zack &wiki
-need for speed
-monsters vs aliens
-mario kart

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was just curious about a few things. I was reading another topic and was wondering if this is a fact?

"Only thing that could brick a bootmii/boot2 wii is a boot2 update failure during an official 4.2 update."
my wii is already a 4.2u probably from an update I did recently.

and if during the install it says I can only install bootmii as an ios, is there a way around it to install it as boot2? (harmless if possible XD)

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBahamut7 said:
Hey, I was just curious about a few things. I was reading another topic and was wondering if this is a fact?

"Only thing that could brick a bootmii/boot2 wii is a boot2 update failure during an official 4.2 update."
my wii is already a 4.2u probably from an update I did recently.

and if during the install it says I can only install bootmii as an ios, is there a way around it to install it as boot2? (harmless if possible XD)
No. Nintendo started making Wii systems that blocked bootmii as boot2. Having bootmii IOS and Preloader is good but not as good as boot2. Just don't do any dumb installations or go off deleting things you don't know with Any Title Deleter and you'll be fine. Lots of people are bootmii IOS too.

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do install bannerbomb the only app I would really like is a backup loader, I won't need to delete anything except for on a flash drive.
can bannerbomb with just the backup loader be harmful at all?

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this probable isn't the right area for this question, and it's another noob question. I followed XZXERO's guide everything was way too easy, I guess now it's the hard part. what now? I don't need to play backup disk games my son takes good care of the ones we have. But he wanted to play vectorman. I have the .wad file. I try loading it through wad manager on the usb ret-1 no luck. I am not getting the happy feel good stuff from modding.

But we did get Space Invaders, and Centipede from the HB browser
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...