Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jTran said:
Hi,
i updated my system to 4.2U and followed the instructions for Modify 4.2 using the modify.zip files. when i use Wad Manager 1.5 to install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad i get an ERROR! (ret = -1022). can someone tell me how to fix this error?

thanks
you didnt patch IOS36 correctly.

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally after 7 hours got through the "After Modding" steps, everything seems to be working fine so far, but when i insert the actual game disk it still says "Wii System Update" . how do i disable that???

sixfootsideburns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey xzxero, I'm sure you get far more PMs than you care to respond to so I have restrained myself from following that example. But if you get a minute and could answer my question on pg 187 I would really appreciate the help mate. So far your guide has been perfect I just have a small question about one of the parts on the Preloader.

Thanks mate!

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys.

im reposting most of what i wrote in deviyl's guide, but i was told it wasn't updated.

I just read through the guide, it looks pretty straightforward im not confident when it comes to trying to softmod a wii myself.

for the most part, here is my situation:

i had a friend softmod my wii a while ago (probably back in February or march of 2009) i don't know what was installed and what was not installed. however, i do have the homebrew channel currently.

currently, i can't play many of the games (like muramasa, new mario bros, guilty gear and king of fighters) now and i don't understand why.

right now i have a 3.4U wii and it keeps prompting me to update my wii system.

is there anyone who can point me in the right direction in terms of how i can restore my wii to pre-mod stage and then follow this guide to do a new softmod?
or is it possible to keep my 3.4U softmodded wii without any uninstalling and make it compatible with the newer games?

i don't use a usb external hard drive, so right now all my games are discs (not sure if this information is necessary)

sorry, im really bad at this stuff. i appreciate any input.

i made bold the questions i have. again, any input would be great. i just want to play disc backups

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is this normal?
used the guide to update my wii from 4.1 to 4.2.
now on the 'modify 4.2' part, when i go to the sd-card menu, after a second my screen freezes
..no pop up asking if i want to load boot.elf

any help?

edit:
LOL nvm found it.
thread starter might want to state somewhere in his post how to actually run bannerbomb (clicking the sd icon on the main screen), to prevent posts like this one.
anyways, thnx for the guide

edit #2: wait..he did say it..meh, i was more or less reading over that line

edit #3: the main reason why i updated to 4.2 was to get a game running(naruto clash of ninja revolution 3) without updating through official sources.
however in the disc channel it still says that a system update is available.
i checked in wii settings, and sure enough it says its running 4.2u

edit#4 nvm, fixed that too, priiloader ftw i guess
tongue.gif

thnx again for this guide
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antiworldinc said:
I used cIOS v15.. disc backup loaders aren't working. Can I just uninstall v15 and install v14 and get the backup loaders working again?
There's no need to uninstall any cIOS. Installing one overwrites the previous one. Just go ahead and run the v14 installer.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
rafb said:
Finally after 7 hours got through the "After Modding" steps, everything seems to be working fine so far, but when i insert the actual game disk it still says "Wii System Update" . how do i disable that???

If you have preloader or priiloader installed open that up when u turn the wii on by holding the reset button for a few seconds before the system menu loads. When the screen appears go into the "system menu hacks" part. Somewhere in there you will be able to block disc updates and online updates. Make sure u save the settings at the bottom ofcourse.

Bizouman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I have install the update.zip contain files on my SD card (8 gig FAT32 ) Wii brand new out of the box 4.0U, start loading the card and them it froze, nothing hapen, need to hold on the power 4 sec to reboot...

any clues ??

antiworldinc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
antiworldinc said:
I used cIOS v15.. disc backup loaders aren't working. Can I just uninstall v15 and install v14 and get the backup loaders working again?
There's no need to uninstall any cIOS. Installing one overwrites the previous one. Just go ahead and run the v14 installer.

I tried using wad manager to install v14 cIOS250 worked but got an error for cIOS249. ret = -1035...

edit: I did the whole modify process over and everything works fine now.
smile.gif
nsmbwii here i come!

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bizouman said:
Hi

I have install the update.zip contain files on my SD card (8 gig FAT32 ) Wii brand new out of the box 4.0U, start loading the card and them it froze, nothing hapen, need to hold on the power 4 sec to reboot...

any clues ??

Does 4.0 have the SD card menu? If thats the way your trying to load the bannerbomb exploit then try going into Settings>data management>channels and then click on SD and it should pop up with load boot/elf and then the hackmii disclaimer. Hope this helps
biggrin.gif
!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sixfootsideburns said:
So I am up to the part of installing the preloader, and so far all is well I think. My question at this point is that when I go into the Preloader application in HBC it says it is version .01 and the guide says to use v.3

Should I just go ahead and install it with the version that is already there? should I update it somehow? If it needs to be updated, I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to take a minute and explain to me how to I would do that, and possibly include the links to download whatever is needed.

much appreciated!
sideburns

I would go ahead and use whatever is in the modify.zip (in my case I got an error and had to install .29 i believe but that is neither here nor there) once you have it installed and running, there is an option to update right from preloader.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no no no, my guide said to update via the preloader .30 .dol from preloader .29 .dol

it said nothing about using the online update
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo