Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wow, there are threads devoting to answering this Q

use dop ios or wad manager to install a non-fakesigned IOS61, then launch the hackmii installer and reinstall homebrew (this time it will install to ios61, and since its not fakesigned, it wont be upside down anymore)

Riotz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading about a fix like this somewhere else but on the home screen of my HBC it says IOS36. Should I still do IOS61?

yunior597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
yunior597 said:
Hello, my friend have a korean wii, swiched to usa. if i update with this ill have 003 brick?
yes, all korean region changed wii's get 003 when updating
It can be prevented by installing IOS70 of the cIOSCorp 3.5 package

Thanks, do i need to install cioscorp 3.5 before and then install all the wads of these updates?

the cioscorp says not to overwritte the ios70 but to install this update ill need the ios70 and the proceed with system and everything else.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
.d&n said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
Stuck at

Enable System Menu Hacks
[optional; recommended if Bootmii is only installed as an IOS.]
Run Preloader .30 to install preloader onto your system.
Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make sure the system menu is set to load with IOS70.
*if getting the ”aborting mission” error, use the “preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol” located at modify\apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek first, then use this preloader to update from .29 to .30
** Priiloader rev15 is newest version

How do I use the 0.29? I renamed it to boot.dol but after that I just get stuck at the warning screen and can just press home to return to hbc

to start .29 installer press 1 repeatedly

then use the preloader .30 which was on it b4 and press '+'

carefully do this part
Where exactly do I do this? I can't seem to press 1 anywhere

edit, nvm found the answer while searching. 1 doesn't show up on 29. They should include that in the tutorial, not so "n00b friendly" now.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sc4rFac3d said:
.d&n said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
Stuck at

Enable System Menu Hacks
Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make sure the system menu is set to load with IOS70.
*if getting the ”aborting mission” error, use the “preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol” located at modify\apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek first, then use this preloader to update from .29 to .30

How do I use the 0.29? I renamed it to boot.dol but after that I just get stuck at the warning screen and can just press home to return to hbc

carefully do this part

In the preloader folder rename the boot.dol to something else and rename preloader 0.29jodi file to boot.dol . Run preloader through the homebrew channel. This time it will run preloader 0.29. a warning screen will appear, press 1 twice and it will install preloader 0.29. Make sure it successfully installs, choose which settings and system menu hacks you want then exit back to the Homebrew Channel(it might automatically go to the HBC i cant remember). Put the SD card back in the computer and rename boot.dol in the preloader folder to something else(e.g. boot2.dol) then rename the other .dol file to boot.dol and put the sd card back in the wii. run preloader through the HBC again. This time the preloader 0.3 will come up. press the + button on the wiimote and it will install preloader 0.3. Then ur done.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Homebrew Ninja said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
.d&n said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
Stuck at

Enable System Menu Hacks

carefully do this part

In the preloader folder rename the boot.dol to something else and rename preloader 0.29jodi file to boot.dol . Run preloader through the homebrew channel. This time it will run preloader 0.29. a warning screen will appear, press 1 twice and it will install preloader 0.29. Make sure it successfully installs, choose which settings and system menu hacks you want then exit back to the Homebrew Channel(it might automatically go to the HBC i cant remember). Put the SD card back in the computer and rename boot.dol in the preloader folder to something else(e.g. boot2.dol) then rename the other .dol file to boot.dol and put the sd card back in the wii. run preloader through the HBC again. This time the preloader 0.3 will come up. press the + button on the wiimote and it will install preloader 0.3. Then ur done.
Yup, I got it. Thank you!

So I did everything following this guide, however I can't run most homebrew without CISO right? At least I couldn't seem to run WAD manager, got some error. Is 249 the right one to choose? It was default so I chose it. Why did this guide remove that part? Is it dangerous to install?

edit, nvm Wad Manager works now. I always need to disable NAND emulation no?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sc4rFac3d said:
Yup, I got it. Thank you!

So I did everything following this guide, however I can't run most homebrew without CISO right? At least I couldn't seem to run WAD manager, got some error. Is 249 the right one to choose? It was default so I chose it. Why did this guide remove that part? Is it dangerous to install?

edit, nvm Wad Manager works now. I always need to disable NAND emulation no?
Yes. You need to disable NAND emulation for basically all installations. I learned that too the first time I followed this guide.

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after modding down version 4.1

preloader is gone, how do i set it up again

it says error everytime i try to install it

edit: dw i got it to work, just install preloader .30 again

edit: now i i cant access the system menu

im restoring my NAND backup now

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
either install priiloader, or preloader 0.29 JODI (it's not installing because you don't have a patched system menu IOS, which is IOS60 on 4.1... Preloader 0.29 JODI still patches IOS60 on the fly, and priiloader doesn't require the system menu IOS to be patched) If you desperately want preloader 0.30 then install priiloader 0.29 JODI, then update it afterwards using preloader 0.30

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just bought the WD 1 tb hard drive (Western Digital My Book Essential 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAF0010HBK-N /-NESN ), recommended from the Wii USB Devices Compatibility List, I thought it was a no brainer , for the life of me I can't get the hardrive to format ... any usefull hints ? ...... Thanks Bud

Got it going ty
smile.gif
Bud

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
Ok so I just bought the WD 1 tb hard drive (Western Digital My Book Essential 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAF0010HBK-N /-NESN ), recommended from the Wii USB Devices Compatibility List, I thought it was a no brainer , for the life of me I can't get the hardrive to format ... any usefull hints ? ...... Thanks Bud

Got it going ty
smile.gif
Bud
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
.d&n said:
after modding down version 4.1

preloader is gone, how do i set it up again

it says error everytime i try to install it

edit: dw i got it to work, just install preloader .30 again

edit: now i i cant access the system menu

im restoring my NAND backup now

Dont worry i had the same problem when i downgraded, but its not a brick if thats what youre thinking. When you try to access the system menu im presuming it says ES identity verify error or something along those lines as did mine. The solution is to go into preloaders settings and where it says which IOS to load the system menu with, it will be currently set to IOS60. Change it to IOS70 (you will have to go through quite a few IOS's to get to it) but after that save the settings and your system menu will load perfectly fine. Hope it helps
biggrin.gif
!

pjmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trying to mod my second wii 4.2e started got home brew channel installed but now the number 1 is not appearing on the banner screen to get to the point where i can install to run bootmii any help please

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a few questions.. Sorry I am a bit of a newb :/

I was wondering how safe this is for my Wii,
and I was wondering if this can be undone if ever needed.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBahamut7 said:
I had a few questions.. Sorry I am a bit of a newb :/

I was wondering how safe this is for my Wii,
and I was wondering if this can be undone if ever needed.
I'd say there's a reasonably high percent of perfectly fine softmodded Wiis from this guide. Just look at the poll above. Any problems are usually due to modders not reading clearly or not following the guide exactly as written out. Any other problems are just variables from Wii to Wii that you can't predict. If you really must undo everything (I see no reason real reason to do that. Deleting channels is good enough), you can follow the revirginizing section of the Complete Softmod Guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.