Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
Minus83 said:
xzxero said:
Minus83 said:
Hey, im new here, just found this site through a google search.

My issue:

Ive been trying to play some games, and my Wii stopped reading the disks, seemingly out of the blue.

Also, my cousin had taken my SD card from the wii, deleted everything, and put pictures on it. I dont know if that would cause the Wii to stop playing games, but it will no longer read back ups.

Fast forward to today, i find this thread and decide to follow the instructions on my already Twilight hacked Wii.

Fast forward to now, my wii turns on, but nothing comes up on the screen, lol.

buy new wii i guess?

I got through the first part of the instructions, to update to 4.2, everything in the "updating your wii" section went fine, but from WAD manager it said it was restarting, but it just sat there, i left it for a half hour, no change, the wii would no longer recognize the wiimote, so i restarted it, now the wii will turn on, the slot flickers, the power light is green, it makes sounds like its trying to read a disk, but there is no video on the screen.

can anyone help? or did i screw myself, lol, well, im sure i did, but is there anything i can do? or should / shouldnt have done?
soundslike a full brick

in what order did you install those wads?

I did IOS70-64-v6687.wad, and then the one below that, because i didnt see System Menu-NUS-v481.wad, it just wasnt in the list, so i assumed it could be that one, then i started at the top, and did the rest of them, each one said it finished, then id do the next one, and the next, untill i had done every one, then when i went to quit, it said it was restarting the wii, and it just never restarted, it sat on that screen for about a half an hour before i had to unplug it, even holding the button wouldnt work.
nope thats a big uh oh
were you using the update.zip or modify.zip???

I was using update.zip, since i thought modify was only for modifying 4.2, which i didnt have yet, and then i was going to use modify.zip after the update.zip instructions were done, but i just didnt get that far.

shaka_adim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
xzxero said:
yea read the top of the OP about rev15 please

yeah.. i feel stupid not noticing the info.. was blinded by the disire to play new mario ;P
so.. now i have rev14 and boy and his blob works on neogamma but not in disk channel (unable to read disk),
but that's probably due it ntsc (my wii is european) as chocobo dungeon (also ntsc) isn't recognised either.
still i'm preety sure boy and his blob worked on disk channel earlier (did't play it much so i might be wrong).
not much of a problem for me but it would be nice to know if there is a possibility to make disk channel recognise it again

still, thanks for your help and great tut!

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately after the first part (updating from 3.2 to 4.2), I can't get further reinstalling the HBC with the bannerbomb method because the console freezes whenever I go to the System Settings and choose SD channels. How can I solve this? I tried my 4GB non HC SD card but of course the Wii says it can't use it (either since it's FAT32 or since it's 4GB) and my 512MB card gets stuck with the above mentioned system freeze.
I wonder if it's any use to try my microSD card with the SD adapter or if it will be a waste of time. Anyway, I need a solution here, because I don't want an unmodded 4.2 console!

EDIT:
Trying the 2GB microSD card results in a freeze, too. I guess I need another exploit than the bannerbomb then or is there a solution to the problem? So far I haven't done anything wrong, I followed the guide step by step!

EDIT2:

I am trying the other bannerbomb versions now as it seems like this can happen. Hope one of the other versions works for me!

EDIT3:
Finally I found the source of the problem and could install bannerbomb, HBC etc.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
OK sorry for these probably obvious and answered a million times questions but I just cant seem to find them.

1. In the manual 4.2 upgrade Is the IOS70 patched so I can install Priiloader??
2. In the 4.2 safe update program after it finishes do I have to manually patch the IOS 70 before I can install priiloader??

Again Sorry for the questions
1. no, the modify.zip one is
2. yes

Minus83 said:
I was using update.zip, since i thought modify was only for modifying 4.2, which i didnt have yet, and then i was going to use modify.zip after the update.zip instructions were done, but i just didnt get that far.
well the system menu was there just lower on the list, the instructions are there for a reason man. sorry to hear this though.
the system menu was 2nd for a specific reason. you didnt update to 4.2 and just stubbed your IOS60.

QUOTE(Cyman @ Nov 22 2009, 03:58 PM)
Unfortunately after the first part (updating from 3.2 to 4.2), I can't get further reinstalling the HBC with the bannerbomb method because the console freezes whenever I go to the System Settings and choose SD channels. How can I solve this? I tried my 4GB non HC SD card but of course the Wii says it can't use it (either since it's FAT32 or since it's 4GB) and my 512MB card gets stuck with the above mentioned system freeze.
I wonder if it's any use to try my microSD card with the SD adapter or if it will be a waste of time. Anyway, I need a solution here, because I don't want an unmodded 4.2 console!

EDIT:
Trying the 2GB microSD card results in a freeze, too. I guess I need another exploit than the bannerbomb then or is there a solution to the problem? So far I haven't done anything wrong, I followed the guide step by step!
try another version of bannerbombv1

Minus83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
Minus83 said:
well the system menu was there just lower on the list, the instructions are there for a reason man. sorry to hear this though.
the system menu was 2nd for a specific reason. you didnt update to 4.2 and just stubbed your IOS60.

Im not sure what i did wrong though, i used the update.zip, extracted it to the SD card, and followed the instructions, i installed IOS70-64-v6687.wad first, and then the one below that, and then the others which were above it, so i installed every IOS on there, did i do it in the wrong order? There honestly was no System Menu-NUS-v481.wad in the list, or was i supposed to do IOS70-64-v6687.wad, and then restart after each one?

I just dont see where i went wrong, aside from trying to do this in the first place, I mean my Wii did stop playing disks, but atleast it would boot, lol.

Minus83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as how its bricked now, is there anything i can do myself? or just send it to nintendo and hope they will either repair it or send me another one? i dont have anything on it really, HBC, but no roms or anything like that, all legal stuff.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think renaming the wad files like the following would save some people :

"01_IOS70-64-v6687.wad"
"02_System Menu-NUS-v481-USA.wad"
"03_IOS9-64-v778.wad"
"04_IOS11-64-v256.wad"

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if IOS70 and the rest of the IOS files were there, then the System Menu-NUS-v481.wad was there for sure.

you stubbed your system menu IOS, = full brick.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minus83 said:
Seeing as how its bricked now, is there anything i can do myself? or just send it to nintendo and hope they will either repair it or send me another one? i dont have anything on it really, HBC, but no roms or anything like that, all legal stuff.
say the power shut while updating to 4.2

Minus83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
Minus83 said:
say the power shut while updating to 4.2

alright, thanks for the help, i just checked the SD card and the system menu wad wasnt in there, but i only had 17 of them, instead of 25, so maybe something happened when i was transferring them, or when i downloaded the .zip, i dont know.

i just went through the nintendo site and set everything up.

thanks for the help xzxero.

nackpaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
i have been away from this for a long while and am looking to update my wii. i think i know what i need to do but would like to get it confirmed before i move forward.

i am at 3.1U modded by original twilight hack and gamm0.3. i ran the HBC update from the HBC to get to 1.0.6 with bootmii @ boot2 and ios. I grabbed a NAND backup sucessfully from bootmii and downloaded all files from original post email link and copied to SD card.

i read through multiple pages of this thread in preparation of doing the update and thought i was all set ready to go. started up wii and loaded HBC and WAD manager 1.5 to start update process and found out that I do not have ios36 which is what i need to set WAD manager to before doing installs.

so at this point my question is can i load ios36 from the update.zip file using WAD manager 1.5 at 249 or some other ios selected while at my current system level of 3.1U? and if that is the right thing then restart WAD manager at 36 and continue with the guide?

i haven't done anything yet and don't want to jeopardize the stability of what I have now.

lot's of great information here. once i get by this i think i'll be able to get through the rest of the guide without issue i hope.

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
.d&n said:
and now it says "Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?"

and now i cant even access my HBC

i seem to be making it worse

someone please help!
you used the regular .29 not the JODI one huh?
you dont have to downgrade to 4.1, its optional.

YEH ur right, thought that i can do that quick reinstalling trick, i used the regular .29 cred instead of JODI

is there aniiway to fix it now?

croson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey xzxero, thanks so much for a great guide. I was a complete noob as far as softmodding went prior to using your guide and it worked like a charm. I have since modded an additional 2 wii's for family and friends with perfect results!!
biggrin.gif

I have a few questions that I really could use some help with though, first I am using wiiflow 1.1 on a fat 32 partition and a WBFS partition for the games. I own an NTSC wii so the question is can I leave the iso's as PAL when I add them to the harddrive, or should they be changed to ntsc before adding them? Are there any downsides or conflicts to leaving them as PAL?

Also after playing some games, I decide to exit to the system menu and it won't, It exits the game and I loose the Audio Video and need to reboot or power down the wii, then power it back up and go back into wiiflow to choose another game. Is the Wiiflow folder storing bad data or this error in the configuration settings because it seems to causes some games that had no issues before to not want to boot, they just go to the black screen. I then power down the wii go back to the wiiflow menu and that game might be working again. I know that there are a few games that need tweaking, could it be these games that are causing the issues with the rest.

I know this thread isn't about wiiflow but I do appreciate everyones help.

Just curious but is there anyway to restore the wii to it's state prior to modding or installing the HBC?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xzxero said:
TeenTin said:
xzxero said:
TeenTin said:
When doing 4.2 to 4.1 downgrade, is the IOS60-64-v6174.wad a patched ISO60 ?
no, you can use dop-ios to ES-identify and trucha patch it

I would love this guide to be totally offline. Would you please make the wad ?

Thanks !
well it is, just that if you downgrade to 4.1 then that IOS60 is not patched.

isee where your coming from though, imight give a quick update

So, the steps would be :

1. Install IOS60-64-v6174.wad.
2. Use DOP-IOS to ES-identify and trucha patch IOS60.
3. Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad

All are done offline and the patched IOS60 is capable of migrating VC/WW and game saves to SD. Right ?

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question....

is it completely necessary to delete the stub IOS's 249 & 250 with anytitledeleter before you install cIOS 14? the cIOS installer should just overwrite the stubs? shouldn't it?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minus83 said:
alright, thanks for the help, i just checked the SD card and the system menu wad wasnt in there, but i only had 17 of them, instead of 25, so maybe something happened when i was transferring them, or when i downloaded the .zip, i dont know.

i just went through the nintendo site and set everything up.

thanks for the help xzxero.
sorry to hear that man, next time make sure all IOS files are there.

.d&n said:
YEH ur right, thought that i can do that quick reinstalling trick, i used the regular .29 cred instead of JODI

is there aniiway to fix it now?
run this with preloader as an installed file
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?jjjnbmtzygz]http://www.mediafire.com/?jjjnbmtzygz[/url]
it should boot up HBC, from there you can update to the latest priiloader.

croson said:
hey xzxero, thanks so much for a great guide. I was a complete noob as far as softmodding went prior to using your guide and it worked like a charm. I have since modded an additional 2 wii's for family and friends with perfect results!!
biggrin.gif

I have a few questions that I really could use some help with though, first I am using wiiflow 1.1 on a fat 32 partition and a WBFS partition for the games. I own an NTSC wii so the question is can I leave the iso's as PAL when I add them to the harddrive, or should they be changed to ntsc before adding them? Are there any downsides or conflicts to leaving them as PAL?

Also after playing some games, I decide to exit to the system menu and it won't, It exits the game and I loose the Audio Video and need to reboot or power down the wii, then power it back up and go back into wiiflow to choose another game. Is the Wiiflow folder storing bad data or this error in the configuration settings because it seems to causes some games that had no issues before to not want to boot, they just go to the black screen. I then power down the wii go back to the wiiflow menu and that game might be working again. I know that there are a few games that need tweaking, could it be these games that are causing the issues with the rest.

I know this thread isn't about wiiflow but I do appreciate everyones help.

Just curious but is there anyway to restore the wii to it's state prior to modding or installing the HBC?
PAL games should run just fine, run force the video to NTSC
when you decide to go to the wii menu, its always better to click reset, it sometimes automatically resets your wii.

QUOTE(TeenTin @ Nov 22 2009, 06:29 PM) So, the steps would be :

1. Install IOS60-64-v6174.wad.
2. Use DOP-IOS to ES-identify and trucha patch IOS60.
3. Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad

All are done offline and the patched IOS60 is capable of migrating VC/WW and game saves to SD. Right ?
correct
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(THitsu10 @ Nov 22 2009, 08:57 PM)
quick question....

is it completely necessary to delete the stub IOS's 249 & 250 with anytitledeleter before you install cIOS 14? the cIOS installer should just overwrite the stubs? shouldn't it?
no, its neccessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o