Everything hangs in the modify folder

HBC - Hangs
Everything else doesnt load just hangs

JLiszt

Trophies
XP
Country
JLiszt said:
Hey, I followed the tutorial to the letter, and everything went well, but I cant install game wads. Everytime I try to install one it gives me error "ret = -1012" or another one (I think it was 2011) depending on which IOS I try to install them. By the way, which IOS should I use?
Hey guys, any help with this? Or is there a way to reverse the procedure and start from scratch to try it again?

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JLiszt said:
Hey, I followed the tutorial to the letter, and everything went well, but I cant install game wads. Everytime I try to install one it gives me error "ret = -1012" or another one (I think it was 2011) depending on which IOS I try to install them. By the way, which IOS should I use?

I generally use IOS249. Using the search function, I found this explanation of error codes:

http://wiinewz.com/forums/attachments/wii-...error_codes.pdf

-2011 means the WAD is the wrong region or the Trucha bug has been disabled. The .PDF has links to possible solutions.

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used IOS 36 to install NeoGamma R7 wad. This was before I found out that you're supposed to use IOS 249. The Wii works fine and am playing NSMBW with no problems but should I reinstall it with 249 or just leave it. Just wondering if it was harmful or anything. Thanks
smile.gif

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cry.gif
excl.gif
I think Ive messed up big style but who knows??

I have a softmodded wii and updated with the Online 'official' method

Is that it now? have I messed up as I cant get Bootmii and dvdx to install

what, if any are my options?? I did a system memory re format and still have problems.

hope someone can help or forward this to a Wii yoda.

thanksIN advance

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mp2609 said:
I used IOS 36 to install NeoGamma R7 wad. This was before I found out that you're supposed to use IOS 249. The Wii works fine and am playing NSMBW with no problems but should I reinstall it with 249 or just leave it. Just wondering if it was harmful or anything. Thanks
smile.gif

Take anything I say with a grain of salt but this is how it was explained to me in another topic (found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...p;#entry2398136 )

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:01 PM) no benefit, some people have ios249, others do not, some people have IOS36 patched, others do not.

most people have both of these, so really there's no difference

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
mp2609: It's fine, it just means your IOS36 doesn't have the trucha bug patched, which is a good thing. EDIT: Or it means you used TBR
tongue.gif

johneem: Sounds like corrupted IOSes.

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jdbye said:
mp2609: It's fine, it just means your IOS36 doesn't have the trucha bug patched, which is a good thing.

Thank you.

I tried again but no joy.... put the sd in and loaded bannerbomb went to load HBC Got a red Failed message [-2]

Got a big list of code dump on a black screen.

IT DOES install though if I try twice, but I have to force power off the wii.

Gonna give up and probably put the Wii on ebay if there is no work around.

Thanks.

[ps] Lost my nand backup as well to top it off
frown.gif

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
frailimbnursry said:
mp2609 said:
smile.gif

Take anything I say with a grain of salt but this is how it was explained to me in another topic (found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...p;#entry2398136 )

xflak40 said:
no benefit, some people have ios249, others do not, some people have IOS36 patched, others do not.

most people have both of these, so really there's no difference

QUOTE(Jdbye @ Nov 18 2009, 04:49 PM)
mp2609: It's fine, it just means your IOS36 doesn't have the trucha bug patched, which is a good thing. EDIT: Or it means you used TBR
tongue.gif

Thanks guys
smile.gif
. You put my mind at rest
tongue.gif

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:

what, if any are my options?? I did a system memory re format and still have problems.

Does the Wii System Menu load? I imagine (I'm not an expert) that if it does load, you haven't screwed up too much. Is anything else installed? CIOSCorp, Preloader, Startpatch, etc? If none of those are installed, the Wii has been updated to 4.2, and the System Menu functions, I would back up the SD card, delete the contents, extract update.zip to the SD card, and start again from the very beginning paying close attention to the instructions as many (including myself) misread/miss something along the way.

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
frailimbnursry said:
johneem said:

Does the Wii System Menu load? I imagine (I'm not an expert) that if it does load, you haven't screwed up too much. Is anything else installed? CIOSCorp, Preloader, Startpatch, etc? If none of those are installed, the Wii has been updated to 4.2, and the System Menu functions, I would back up the SD card, delete the contents, extract update.zip to the SD card, and start again from the very beginning paying close attention to the instructions as many (including myself) misread/miss something along the way.

That's the frustrating thing I keep starting from the top using different mem cards and everything, and still no joy

been a bad day I softmodded 2 wii's with bannerbomb no probs, no hanging nothing and have followed these instructions to the Letter

If it is corrupted IOS as mentioned before I wonder if there is a resolve, or do I just ebay my hardware.

UPuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question:

I patched the Wii to version 4.2 and checked it in the system settings. But today I wanted to launch the Wii shop channel and it adviced me to update my Wii. So I guess it's not really uptodate, what could be the reason?

Thanks!

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still trying to solve my probs

Bannerbomb does install HBC

But not DVDx or Bootmii

both return Failed [-2]

Hackmii installer v0.6

flushing log file ...
Unable to mount file system, could not flush log to SD

>exit

Thats the screen when I exit the Hackmii Installer

any clues anyone??

[ps: updated to 4.2E through Nintend0
frown.gif
- )

KPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:
Still trying to solve my probs

Bannerbomb does install HBC

But not DVDx or Bootmii

both return Failed [-2]

Hackmii installer v0.6

flushing log file ...
Unable to mount file system, could not flush log to SD

>exit

Thats the screen when I exit the Hackmii Installer

any clues anyone??

[ps: updated to 4.2E through Nintend0
frown.gif
- )

I had this issue what i ended up doing was booting bootmii from homebrew channel once the channel was installed and then i was able to mount the SD Card and install everything else.

Kingc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Johneem: I think I got the same error as you (the -2). The problem for me was the SD card, and more spesifically the "write protection"...So i played around a bit with the tiny lock switch, and...voilla! Bootmii would install...

Have you tried with another SD card?
smile.gif

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kingc said:
Johneem: I think I got the same error as you (the -2). The problem for me was the SD card, and more spesifically the "write protection"...So i played around a bit with the tiny lock switch, and...voilla! Bootmii would install...

Have you tried with another SD card?
smile.gif

will try that, I'm in the process of virginizing my wii
smile.gif

thanks

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys

i followed this guide and everything went well untill i needed to install the ios249-14 (CIOS rev14). I tryed 3 different sd card and a usb stick to try and install it but i keep getting : Error ret = -1350. Also when i use trucha bug restorer 1.1 when i use the second step i get a error and i see allot of code on the screen(like a code dump) and i need to turn the whole wii off to just get trucha bug restorer 1.1 running again. Anyone can help me with this annoying problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??