Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

dai_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank You

Worked a treat on my Old pal Wii on 4.2e, with an Argon chip installed - did all the steps but ommited dvdx

My wii was old enough to take bootmii on boot2 which makes me happy as I now have a way out of a brick

Thanks again

elistan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really appreciate the work done here.

NVM : Could anyone direct me to the files needed to make 4.2 to 4.1 for ntsc wii other than megaupload ? Megaupload is not available here in our parts of the world.

Played around with with NUS Downloader and figured it out.
tongue.gif

Thanks.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is really hard to read through 150 plus pages so forgive me if this has been asked a million times.

I have modded two Wii's now with this method and both I followed the guide exactly. Both systems are successfully modded, but they both have upside down Homebrew Channels and no bannerbomb exploit at all (tried all of them) will work.
If anyone could give me a clue so the next system I do doesn't get this I'd appreciate it.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hammyface said:
It is really hard to read through 150 plus pages so forgive me if this has been asked a million times.

I have modded two Wii's now with this method and both I followed the guide exactly. Both systems are successfully modded, but they both have upside down Homebrew Channels and no bannerbomb exploit at all (tried all of them) will work.
If anyone could give me a clue so the next system I do doesn't get this I'd appreciate it.
update to 4.2 via the update.zip
then reinstall HBC.
you will need to patch IOS36 again
and reinstall preloader if you had it before

Niktout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,
When i choose IOS249 in wad manager, my wii freezes so i can't downgrade it and i can't uninstall/install anything:
like & my wii is on 4.2e
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.

I always have ERROR! = -2011
frown.gif

MKayZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mkayz.net
XP
Country
Hong Kong
sorry if that has been asked before, but is it possible to get the files from a different location? megaupload is banned in my region so I can't get the needed files.

Thanks

megadeoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've done everything, but now there are two problems:
1. The mail dosent send me the modify.zip files for some reason, and i still have the HBC installed.
2. Now NSMBW banner bricks my wii. I solve it by holding reset when it boots, but the game did wirk before.
I don't really remember what i did to make it work in the first place but my system was 3.2 then.

EDIT:
Ok, I'm an idiot. Ill try to modify and if the thing with NSMBW is still there I'll come back.

greengrass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have an US wii with LU38+ serial number and 3.4 system menu. I need to backup my games on USB HDD and play from it. I have following questions:

1. Should I Update my Wii to 4.2 before I start modding it?
2. Can updating Wii to 4.2 elminate chance of installing Mii on boot2?
3. I am thinking of installing configurable installer, is there any advantages of usb loader gx over this one?

Thanks for help in advance and keep up the good work!

OCWesCoast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I need help please....OK, so I followed this guide step by step. Everything was going flawlessly until I went to the Enable System Menu Hacks part. When I click on Preloader in the HBC it says, "GOT ROOT! Unable to read ticket, aborting mission....". What did I do wrong? Can anyone please help!? I'm so close.... Thanks in advance!

P.S. Is this step really needed if I just want to load games from my External Hard Drive? Thanks again!

megadeoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back.
I've done everything but uninstall IOS249 because it had an error.
Now my wii dosent read discs at all. what should i do? I hvae a modchip.
Ok scratch that. Some games work, others dont. seems that newer games don't work.
mario kart didnt work, and then i used DOP IOS to install ios36 and it still dosent work.
What should i do?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Hammyface said:

update to 4.2 via the update.zip
then reinstall HBC.
you will need to patch IOS36 again
and reinstall preloader if you had it before

Thanks, but on both Wii's (one was launch), when I update to 4.2 via update.zip, that's when Bannerbomb stops working. My Wii freezes up using your zip file. Then I tried every single bannerbomb file on his site and they either gave an error or froze the machine.

schadow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi i ned a little help..im on 3.3 e and i installed Hbc 6 months ago and i want to uppgrade to 4.2 do i need to uninstall hbc before i uppgrade--and does it matter if i got the wii connected to internet?

thx

Zorobabel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought my Wii last night. Serial LU71, version 4.0U. Followed the walkthrough step-by-step and everything worked perfectly, save the optional preloader software (and yes, I tried version .29 but it wouldn't load). It took me about 4 hours, but I finally got everything figured out and now have backups running off my external HDD.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed in making the software, and thanks xzxero. You guys are awesome.

dai_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dai_uk said:
Thank You

Worked a treat on my Old pal Wii on 4.2e, with an Argon chip installed - did all the steps but ommited dvdx

My wii was old enough to take bootmii on boot2 which makes me happy as I now have a way out of a brick

Thanks again

Sorry got a quick noob preloader question, I got bootmii on boot2, is there any benefit to installing it ?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u have bootmii as boot2, u have more brick protection that priiloader can ever offer.

However, priiloader has many other features, such as customizing how ur wii boots up, and running system menu hacks etc. I personally have bootmii as boot2 and IOS, and I have priiloader set to run crazy intro when my wii boots up

dai_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks from what I'd read I thought as much, sorry I've overloaded on what I've read but following this guide would bootmii have already installed some protection against system updates, I want to use internet for wiiflow etc but not at the cost of meaning someone in my family may accidentally update it :-)

I'm happy to brick-block disks and of course wbfs manager will strip them if I choose too

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dai-a said:
BTW Rev15 fails. It is broken. Stay on 14

Sorry, but what is broken about Rev15? Just because WiiPower says he's too stubborn to change his loader? From what I've heard it works fine with GX.

Besides, it's Rev14 that's broken. It can't load Brawl or other large games.

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rion said:
I have followed this guide to the letter but how do i update to the latest `"CIOS38 rev 15"? Do i just runt the "cIOS Installer v38 rev 15" and it overwrites to old one or is there anything else i need to do before?

QUOTE(iamwally @ Nov 14 2009, 07:18 PM) XZXero are you going to replace the cios38 rev14 with the newly released cios38 rev15? Can I replace it myself for now till kit files are updated? Also, would you recommend updating wii that has already been done using you method to rev15?

Thanks,

iamwally

Sorry to ask this again but "Me" and "iamwally" did not get an answer to this question..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
rev 15 has some bugs when it comes to loading backup disks via neogamma and softchip. For this reason, I would recommend remaining on rev 14 (until the cios and the apps become compatible again).

There is a whole thread on this topic, if u want more info, check that out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4