OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bobthebigbat said:
I've got a problem loading Gamecube backups from the disc channel on system menu 4.2. I've tried with GC Backup Launcher for Wii by WiiGator both versions 0.1 and 0.2 (which supports multi disc games).

When using preloader, system menu 4.2 and IOS70 Gamecube backups don't load from the disc channel.
When using preloader, system menu 4.1 and IOS60 it all works fine.

I can't see that there could be any difference in the patched IOS60 and IOS70. IOS60 was patched by preloader. IOS70 was patched by freethebug. There has to be something else that stops it working on system menu 4.2.
Perhaps system menu 4.2 does not allow earlier versions of MIOS just like Boot2v4 doesn't allow earlier versions of IOS. Can anyone confirm/disprove this? Maybe we need a new version of custom MIOS installer as the latest one is Version 10.
are you using cioscorp?
any version of MIOS will do, but i know
v4 is best.
so there is no need for an update.
QUOTE(nysid @ Nov 6 2009, 05:52 AM) so, im on 4.0U
after update to 4.2U using the instruction in the Update section,
do i have to continue to the Modify section to through this part (Restoring the Trucha Bug,
Deleting stub IOS's & Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS) ?
yea thats what it says.

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i'm loving the work and all the comments from people but i've come across a problem i'm not sure how to solve.

after completing the first stage update 4.2 with the palupdate files, i proceded to delete the files on the sd card and set up the modify files.

after going ino the homebrew channel and pressing home to start bootmii i end up with a black screen and the disc slot starts flashing.

would you reccomend i continue with the modify stage or has something gone wrong that i don't understand

apart from that the wii seems to be working fine

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Big thanks to all that have made and helpped to put this together just finished modding my wii and all is good fantastic work

Big love to all

DrMarvinCandle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch for this. I searched the internets far and wide and was left feeling confused and dumb
best guide available for those who are"uber faded"

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
does the sd card have to be formatted at all or is it perfectly working at just FAT. Most of the other guides ive looked at say FAT32 but meh idk.

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PROBLEMS

I have a hacked Wii at v3.2U. Trying to update it to 4.2 using the guide. I already have the HBC installed. Now of course it won't let me run the Bootmii I guess because I already have the HBC. So I went to step 2 and tried to run the WAD Manager v1.5 but it only goes to black screen and freezes there. I can not go any further.

Should I let the Wii update to v4.2 via the WiFi regular update or would that brick it?

Help please

NM I rebooted a couple of times and it kicked in.

Tx

OSUk1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so please be easy on me.. I am new to this, but the instructions seemed pretty straight forward so I decided to try.
Everything was going fine except when I got to:

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

When I choose IOS15 and press A I get...

Exception (DSI) occured!
(a bunch of numbers)

STACK DUMP:
(some more numbers)

CODE DUMP:
(more numbers)

Does anybody know what I did wrong? Or how I can fix this?
I can restart and it seems to be working fine, but I dont want to just skip this part and really mess something up.

Thanks for any help

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Deleting stub IOS's
Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Go to System Titles & press A.
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.
*If any IOS listed above is not there, check the other pages. If it's still not there, do not worry about it & move along with the guide.

No problems here except I can only find the IOS 249. So as said I kept going.

QUOTEInstalling cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad
Press home to exit.

Here I keep getting errors regardless of which I want to install. I have not been able to install any of the above.

What am I doing wrong here?

cravune

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly thanks to the OP for the guide I followed it right up to Enable system hacks, but couldnt do this, as was optional (I do have boot2) I left it.

Then installed neogammer.

I have burned an iso at 4x (albeit on a tuffdisc dvd-r) with imgburn but I am getting a green screen followed by just a black screen when I try to boot on neogammer. Tried twice and same result

I haven;t changed any settings from the setup guide and only added neogammer on.

What have I done wrong?

For info the disk quality came out at 95% on dvdinfopro, the download was only 328mb so was well compressed, could this matter?

Fairly new to all of this so any advice welcomed..........

Again thanks to xzxero!

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'll just explain because Im sure you can care less about the reason.

I had HBC, Preloader, cIOSCORPS and backup loaders installed on my Wii. I manually removed HBC and the backups and just updated my Wii to 4.2 from 4.0 to let that remove everything else.

Now Im trying to reinstall everything and I got your 4.2 package but when I try to install HBC it says no vulnerable IOS found.

So any help? I thought 4.2 was suppose to remove everything and make all the stuff legit. Is cIOSCORP still effecting my Wii somehow since it modifies the Wiis IOSes since last time the hackmii installer told me that all I had to do was remove cIOSCORPS. Any help much appreciated.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
RavRob said:
QUOTE said:
Deleting stub IOS's
Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Go to System Titles & press A.
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.
*If any IOS listed above is not there, check the other pages. If it's still not there, do not worry about it & move along with the guide.

No problems here except I can only find the IOS 249. So as said I kept going.

QUOTEInstalling cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad
Press home to exit.

Here I keep getting errors regardless of which I want to install. I have not been able to install any of the above.

What am I doing wrong here?

in any title deleter, use + and - to look through the different pages.

If u still have problems, start the guide from the trucha bug restorer step, I suspect you didn't patch ios36 successfully

AWR-cheesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know y any 1 would wanna upgrade to 4.2 i rkn jst go to 4.0 or 4.1 its more safe than 4.2 and it has pre much all the same stuff as 4.2

gnaoh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am a newbie and I have a question.

I am currently at 3.3U and I want to play a backup game that required 4.2 update. I have a modded wii with Wiikey V1. I have homebrew channel and everything. With all this, Do i just follow the steps from updating to 4.2 and then the steps from after modding?

Thanks!

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
bobthebigbat said:
I've got a problem loading Gamecube backups from the disc channel on system menu 4.2. I've tried with GC Backup Launcher for Wii by WiiGator both versions 0.1 and 0.2 (which supports multi disc games).

When using preloader, system menu 4.2 and IOS70 Gamecube backups don't load from the disc channel.
When using preloader, system menu 4.1 and IOS60 it all works fine.

I can't see that there could be any difference in the patched IOS60 and IOS70. IOS60 was patched by preloader. IOS70 was patched by freethebug. There has to be something else that stops it working on system menu 4.2.
Perhaps system menu 4.2 does not allow earlier versions of MIOS just like Boot2v4 doesn't allow earlier versions of IOS. Can anyone confirm/disprove this? Maybe we need a new version of custom MIOS installer as the latest one is Version 10.
are you using cioscorp?
any version of MIOS will do, but i know
v4 is best.
so there is no need for an update.

I've been using MIOSv5 and never had any problems before upgrading to 4.2. But I've now tried running System Menu 4.2 with IOS60 and IOS249 and confirm that fixes the problem. cioscorp installs a patched IOS60 as IOS70 and that also works. So the problem is with the "IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad" that was in the pack - it must be missing a DIP patch or something that prevents gamecube backup loading from disc channel. But it doesn't matter now as I've fixed the problem for now. (If you say MIOSv4 is better I'll give that a go too.)

TimwaTumble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all was running well, but now bootmii wont load. it just freezes the wii and the screen goes black, and i have to turn it of then on again.

also in neo gamma 7 rev 14 im getting read error 1101 when trying to load a game from disc, any ideas what causing that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo