phantasmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
phantasmik said:
So I followed this guide and it worked flawlessly on a new 4.2 system.

I did have a question about Backups if anyone could help me out. I know I can run WiiBrickBlock on the ISO images of the backups, however when when I purchase a retail game, should I not use it until I created a backup and ran WiiBrickBlock on the ISO?

If anyone could help me out with an answer on this one, that would be great! Don't want to run a game that will brick my Wii!

I also read about StarFall, but I haven't read anything where people have used it in conjunction with this Mod on this Thread, is that an option?

Install Preloader and enable the Block disc updates hack.

Then you won't ever need to brickblock again =)

By the way Preloader>Starfall

Preloader has practically everything starfall has, but it has a menu to save you from a brick. (Banner brick)

Instead of having to use bootmii everytime to restore your nand.

I can't get it to install (the loader in the .rar file preloader .30,) says got root; unable to read ticket: aborting mission

Nickb1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Nickb1907 said:
Just got your newmod.rar loaded to SD card went to bannerbomb and it froze.
I have a lu66 virgin and did have a lu33 modded all the way with usb loader and everything. Sent the lu33 in to nintendo for pixel problem they sent lu66 back.

Do you know why its freezing off the bat?

wiimenu 4.2u
are you going to the right spot?

Yes, wii data, then channels, then the SD tab at the top, then frozen

PLEASE any help here.

DUNDUN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
great thread, bricked one of my buddies wii cause Wani 4.1 updater 60 stub glitch or wutever... did mine fine with it in sept. the same way with no brick. But now it seems nintendo stubs ios 60. He bought a brand new Wii for me to Softmode so I hope ur guide works as well ass folks around here say...thx again...

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nickb1907 said:
xzxero said:
Nickb1907 said:
Just got your newmod.rar loaded to SD card went to bannerbomb and it froze.
I have a lu66 virgin and did have a lu33 modded all the way with usb loader and everything. Sent the lu33 in to nintendo for pixel problem they sent lu66 back.

Do you know why its freezing off the bat?

wiimenu 4.2u
are you going to the right spot?

Yes, wii data, then channels, then the SD tab at the top, then frozen

PLEASE any help here.
Read the directions carefully:
Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf

That's the SD menu on the main System Menu. It doesn't mention anything about "wii data, then channels, then the SD tab at the top...". That's the old Bannerbomb method.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:
When playing beatles rockband , the wii will not boot up the disk , in the usbloader gx it boots fine with 249 but the microphone is the only thing that works , machine cannot find the drums or the guitar, i tried to boot with 223 but it is the same issue . I am using rockband 2 drums and guitars ... Any Ideas what I could do ?..Thanks Again Bud...

Edit , I tried to reinstall 223 with cIOS38_rev 14 installer but still no luck ,
plus i still cant get the original cd to boot with the wii ...
Thaks Bud

Is this subject taboo?

please offer some advice ...Thanks Bud
hmm thats wierd.
i use cIOS249 and 002 error fix and everything works fine

Having the same problem with rockband2
So what do I need to do to get the wii to sync the drums and guitar , using the usb loader gx ?
do I need to reinstall some Cios's?
.....Thanks for all the help Bud
smile.gif

ddelong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this guide and everything is working great using the 4.2 method. I am using a usb loaded, I have several working so far. When I load them as an app they work perfectly fine. I want to add them as a channel is where my trouble starts, have tried several things with no success. My first question which ios do i pick 36? Thats the only one that when i pick it it shows up in my channel list, but when i try and run them the screen just goes blank and i have to power down. Thanks for the help.

kacz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, bear with me.

I had everything working great yesterday. The tutorial was awesome. Got everything installed from the tutorial and even got USB loader gz going and played some backups

Today, I accidentally formatted my SD card.

What do I do? I just put all the starter files back on, as well as the hack.ini file I found. I go to the homebrew channel and nothing is there.

How do I proceed? Reinstall everything?

Second quest. All this installation is being installed on the wii, correct? Or is it also throwing stuff on my SD card? Please help. Thanks guys. This place is great.

EDIT: Some more notes to clarify. I'm on a new wii, (4.2) couldn't install bootmii as boot2, but did get pre-loader on there and that is working, and also have a saved backup copy of my original nand. Everything seems to work, just nothing showing up in HBC. Kind of confused. THanks.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anything is actually installed to the SD card, other than the NAND backup, so if your Wii is still working, just run another NAND backup (unless you already moved the NAND backup to your computer, in which case you don't have to do it again) and re-download all the homebrew applications you use, and you should be good. You don't have to do anything over again.

kacz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats whats confusing me. That was my same logic.

I redownloaded the starter pack from here just to be safe, and put it all back on the sd card, as well as the hack.ini file I was using for 4.2

Now everything runs as usual, except when I go into the HBC, there's nothing listed. It's empty.

Actually, thinking I formatted the SD card to NSTC or something similar... Trying FAT now. THink that might be it.

kacz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that didn't work. I formatted as every type I could. No idea what's wrong...

Right now my SD card has nothing on it but what's unrar'd from the files mentioned in the first post. and the hacks.ini file.

Going to bed. Then work. Will check in in the morning see if you guys have any idea. Appreciate the help. Feel like I pulled one of the ultimate noob moves. Thanks guys.

MargusP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.demarketubbergen.nl
XP
Country
Well here is a problem i encountered doing step 1a]
"ES AddTitleStart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated Downgrader". Any suggestions would be super, thank you in advance.

Anybody who is running into this problem just download TBR__trucha_bug_restorer_4.2-mod.zip

ninjageekgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On step 4a

When i hit A to Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60, it just jams. nothing happens.

any ideas?

EDIT:

For clarity I updated my Wii to V.4.2 and was very very careful following steps 1-3. Reading everything making sure everything when threw. It's an old Wii so I installed Boot-Mii to slot-2. It's also fitted with a WiiKey (dont know the firmware). I know I don't need to soft mod but it will still be fun to do so. (trying to gain experience)

kacz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poking around for some more info.

It looks like it's possibly not working because of not having the installer.log or hackmii.ini on the root of the SD card. What are in these files? Assume they can't be copied system to system, and will need to start over.

Also, apparently I fucked up and backed up the wrong file for NANd. I thought it was in the bootmii folder, but apparently it was on the root. It's gone.

Since I'm at a stable state I even though it is a hacked state, I should make another?

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ninjageekgamer said:
On step 4a

When i hit A to Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60, it just jams. nothing happens.

any ideas?

EDIT:

For clarity I updated my Wii to V.4.2 and was very very careful following steps 1-3. Reading everything making sure everything when threw. It's an old Wii so I installed Boot-Mii to slot-2. It's also fitted with a WiiKey (dont know the firmware). I know I don't need to soft mod but it will still be fun to do so. (trying to gain experience)

You need to install IOS223. Not 202.

EDIT: Oh snap, double post.

joshwaan2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

I've updated virgin pal Wii to 4.2

1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)

Got a DSI error here, I finally worked out where bootmii was and ran that and found few bad blocks but went through.

Now have I stuffed up here, or is there something missing I'm not doing.

Edit: Got it working looked through this thread someone else had this issue had to power off wii and back on again tryed it again worked great. thanks
smile.gif

ccoaton

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello....
Am new to the Wii Softmoding thing and to your Forum,..So hello to all...

Ok your Softmod tut is great , I followed the instructions to the letter and all went well..
So thanks to all who were involved in that..
rolleyes.gif

The Thing is. I ended up when i turn my wii on i get the Black screen menu where there are setting i can change etc..
I set it trying to Get the Main Wii menu to boot at the start, but ended up with The HomeBrew Channel Booting First..
I can push the Home button and get onto the Main Wii Screen..
What I wanted to Know was is there a way to boot up as normal to the Wii menu and go to the HBC from there to play my Backups.

The Other thing is when in the Main Wii Screen menu if i put a proper game in (not backup) the drive it shuts down wii
Can i now only play games from HBC...

Sorry for the Long post,.Hope this makes sense....

What!!! Now my HBC is upside down,....AAAggghhhh!!!

Wii 4.2E

Thanks.............Colin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work