Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ddelong said:
I was using this guide using the 4.2 method. When I got to step 1b or 1c my homebrew channel was upside down. I completed all the steps anyways and everything worked and I can play backups, thanks for the awsome guide
smile.gif
Now back to the upside down homebrew channel, I did some searching and one method to fix was re-install ios36. I dont want to screw up anything I did so I thought I would ask here how to fix this problem since I am using this guide. Thanks.

Upside-Down Homebrew Menu Fix
• Simply run dopIOS. Choose to install IOS61 v4890. (you can skip this if you did it already)
o IMPORTANT: When asked to "Apply sig hash check?" choose NO. Exit dopIOS.
• If your homebrew is still upside-down, go to homebrew channel and hit the home button, it will tell you in the top right corner what IOS homebrew is using (or the bottom right if Homebrew is upside-down). If it’s not using IOS61, run Hackmii installer and reinstall homebrew using IOS61, do so and your homebrew should now be right-side-up.
• If the hackmii installer returns a “no vulnerable IOS” message, run dopIOS. Choose to install IOS30 v1040. Exit dopIOS, run Hackmii installer, and now you should be able to reinstall homebrew using IOS61, do so and your homebrew should now be right-side-up.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
xflak40 said:
try it a second time, the required files should be saved under the 00000001 folder that came with your download package. If the installer can't find it on the SD card, it will try downloading from the net. You can get these files using your PC and NUS downloader, but u should have them already.

yeah... i already tried the procedure about 10 times... always with same result.
i also thought of NUSD. But i don't know what version of IOS38 to download
"f9000e" would mean v16318478... I never heared of it... must be a mistake i think.

1. Download NUS Downloader from wiibrew on your PC. and download this to make your life easier (http://www.easy-share.com/1907826316/NusFoldersRenamer%20v1.0.0.zip)
2. Extract the contents of both downloads to the same folder

3. Use NUS Downloader to get IOS37 v3612:
1. Select title ID 0000000100000025 v3612
2. Ensure the Pack->WAD option is NOT checked
3. Click Start NUS Download!

4. Use NUS Downloader to get IOS38 v3610:
1. Select title ID 0000000100000026 v3610

5. Use NUS Downloader to get IOS60 v6174:
1. Select title ID 000000010000003C v6174

6. Double click NusFoldersRenamer.exe, it will create a 00000001 folder (which contains the files of everything u just downloaded). Copy this to your SD card (merge folders if asked)

7. Continue with the steps of "Installation procedure"

THX for the very good explanation! I found out myself as u can see in my edit. ;)
But i think it will be helpfull for some other users.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
You're very welcome!
biggrin.gif
I like when people take the time to say thanks!

Best of luck

well, i wanted help...
...u provided it to me...
the least of all i can do is say thank you!

EDIT: there seem to be more files missing
0000000100000024v1042 (IOS36) --> 192kB/4 files
should be 17 files and 1,7MB, i think.

EDIT 2:
Grabbed all missing files with NUSD. Softmod complete now!
THX again!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I am uploading my 00000001 file now, I'll post the link. It has all the required files, and more (in case u ever need to dop a different IOS, u wont need the internet, but not all the IOSs r included, I can't even remember which, it also has some cboot2 required files in it). I'll edit this msg with the link in under 5 min.

EDIT: link removed, still learning what i'm allowed to post, if u want this link, PM me

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Argh! Need some help:

My systemmenu is bricked(or, more likely, lost). And now my wiiremote won't connect anymore with the wii. Bootmii NAND backup doesn't work, and I can't use Anyregion, because my wiiremote won't connect with the Wii.

What now!?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Majroa said:
Argh! Need some help:

My systemmenu is bricked(or, more likely, lost). And now my wiiremote won't connect anymore with the wii. Bootmii NAND backup doesn't work, and I can't use Anyregion, because my wiiremote won't connect with the Wii.

What now!?
how did you brick it?

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I tried to restore my Wii, but it didn't restore.

The main problem is the not syncing wiiremote. Is there a solution to this problem?

TimwaTumble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazoo52 said:
TimwaTumble said:
oh rite, can i do that on the wii direct or do i have to put it on the sd card then install?
what loader do you recomend?

USB Loader GX is very noob friendly... easy to understand GUI.

what do i do with once ive downloaded it? will it play games from disc or just usb? how do i use it?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Majroa said:
Majroa said:
Well, I tried to restore my Wii, but it didn't restore.

The main problem is the not syncing wiiremote. Is there a solution to this problem?

common man, I'm asking u for details for a reason, throw me a bone! When u say it didn't restore, what do u mean, did it say something along the lines of your backup is for a different wii? This is an OLD error (with an easy solution), but u could still be getting it depending on your version of bootmii and your NAND backup.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No look.

I restored the Wii with Bootmii succesfully.

However, my Wii still don't wanna boot into the Systemmenu.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's weird... i'm assuming your wii was working fine when u took the nand backup correct? Do u have another, older backup u can restore?

To me, it doesn't make sense if u backed up ur nand when everything worked find, and now u restored to it, and it doesn't work like it did when u took the backup. Maybe try another restore... sorry I couldn't be more help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo