Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erikk1 said:
the real SUX2BU said:
to each his own i use:
38+37 for CIOS222
37+37 for CIOS232 (to get rockband instruments to work)
55+37 for CIOS223 (to get games like Guitar Hero 5 to work)

Huh? GH5 works fine for me with cios222 (38+37). Or am I missing something?
biggrin.gif
I only have a guitar, no other instruments.
I use 222 for USB loading, but use 223 for disc loading.

rawrindmajor

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hello guys
i'm on 3.3u and want to update to 4.0 with preloader installed, but i've got a few a noob questions i wanted to clear before going for it. well, any straight answer like just yes/no or "u stupid?" are welcome~

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
(...)
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.

1a) Won't dop-ios brick my wii by installing the stub ios that is nintendo's server now, since the 4.2 update came out (wich uses the ios70 and made ios60 a stub on their servers)?
1b) I can't press A button on ios60 to install it, just the [-]/B to "install older version" or something , is that the same thing as pressing A, since i don't have ios60 on my wii?
2) What about ios50, wich is used by 3.4, is there any need to install it?
3) Is waninkoko 4.0 updater going to do the same (stub or safe)?
4) Can i skip dopping ios60 and just install the old ios60.wad along with the systemmenuv449.wad through wadmanager and will it end up becoming 4.1u with only that?
5) i'm not sure it this ios60.wad was trucha-patched or not, but iirc installing the patched one with preloader already installed will brick my wii, wich is fixable just by reinstalling preloader, is that right?
6) Since i'm installing both ios60 and sysmenu at the same time (through waninkoko's updater or those two wads), do i risk having my bricked wii without preloader, or will preloader still live? Since it's gonna update the system menu with a patched ios60...

thanks everyone who helped making this tutorial possible, especially xzxero.
i look forward to finish working on it~

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
rawrindmajor said:
hello guys
i'm on 3.3u and want to update to 4.0 with preloader installed, but i've got a few a noob questions i wanted to clear before going for it. well, any straight answer like just yes/no or "u stupid?" are welcome~

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
(...)

1a) Won't dop-ios brick my wii by installing the stub ios that is nintendo's server now, since the 4.2 update came out (wich uses the ios70 and made ios60 a stub on their servers)?
1b) I can't press A button on ios60 to install it, just the [-]/B to "install older version" or something , is that the same thing as pressing A, since i don't have ios60 on my wii?
2) What about ios50, wich is used by 3.4, is there any need to install it?
3) Is waninkoko 4.0 updater going to do the same (stub or safe)?
4) Can i skip dopping ios60 and just install the old ios60.wad along with the systemmenuv449.wad through wadmanager and will it end up becoming 4.1u with only that?
5) i'm not sure it this ios60.wad was trucha-patched or not, but iirc installing the patched one with preloader already installed will brick my wii, wich is fixable just by reinstalling preloader, is that right?
6) Since i'm installing both ios60 and sysmenu at the same time (through waninkoko's updater or those two wads), do i risk having my bricked wii without preloader, or will preloader still live? Since it's gonna update the system menu with a patched ios60...

thanks everyone who helped making this tutorial possible, especially xzxero.
i look forward to finish working on it~

Not too sure if I'm right but isn't pressing "-" for IOS60 selecting an older build which is not a stub..

raph95

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed your 4.2 method and got up to step 8 with the preloader. I loaded it and changed the autoboot and return to to system menu, but i saw that it was optional so i thought i shouldn't risk it. So i tried return back to HBC but couldnt find an option so i just turned it off. I got the system files are corrupted message. I found the fix in the FAQS section but my IOS wasn't 60, it was 70. So i changed it to 60 and reset. Now when i try to turn it on nothing happens. The light stays the same colour.

Just now i returned bootmii to the SD and chose the restore option in settings. That seemed to fix the problem. I was just wondering if the restoremii option restores everything so i can start back at step 1 and is preloader reccommended? or should i just leave it?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FOR WII'S 3.4 AND UNDER-->after using the TBR restorer to install a Trucha bugged IOS 36 your homebrew will flip upside down (because the HBC is generally installed to IOS 36 in these systems). After doping IOS 61 (a couple steps later), re-run the hackmii installer, and it will allow you to install the HBC on IOS61, solving the problem.

There are other solutions, but this one is the simplest.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
FOR WII'S 3.4 AND UNDER-->after using the TBR restorer to install a Trucha bugged IOS 36 your homebrew will flip upside down (because the HBC is generally installed to IOS 36 in these systems). After doping IOS 61 (a couple steps later), re-run the hackmii installer, and it will allow you to install the HBC on IOS61, solving the problem.

There are other solutions, but this one is the simplest.

I agree, the very same happened to me. I even had 2 HBC show up on my main system menu at the same time. After redoing the hackmii installer every thing was right side up.

Lt_Hippo

Trophies
XP
Country
@xzxero I don`t know if someone mentioned this before, but just to make your guide almost entirely noob-proof, it might be useful if you add a note in the section for 3.X - 4.1 modding, after the step to run bannerbomb and select ok (to the pop-up loading message), that in some cases it might just freeze the system. And if it does, people should go to http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php and download another version of bannerbomb and replace the one on the SD card. Or just follow the instructions on the site.

After reading your guide and that of nabster92 it was clear for me, but someone might just try to do something strangely stupid and mess things up... I can`t imagine how, but hey...
smile.gif

And the guide worked perfectly for my WiiKey (1.9s) modded Wii with system menu 3.4E. Without restoring the Trutcha Bug and installing cIOS I was able to run the WiiFit Plus game through GeckoOS. Oh, and bootmii is installed on boot2 (and NAND backup is done also). So thank you!
smile.gif
grog.gif

Edit: Earlier I didn`t mention that I used your guide until step 1 - i.e. I have installed BootMii, HBC and directly went for GeckoOS to try and run WiiFit Plus (which started flawlessly).

I have, however, continued to read the guide. And it works great until step 3 - Dop-IOS MOD ... The navigation in the Dop IOS is somewhat buggy - after installing certain IOS, you are being taken again to the initial installation step, which can be rather annoying at first. Also, when you select at the beginning IOS249, it asks to instal IOS36 or cancel - this is not written in the guide. I did install it actually and then went to install everything else from that point.

Step 4 - Installing the system menu WAD, gives me an error while getting at item #12 (Error -1022). I retried and at one point it went through ok. Why would that be?

After that, the next steps are somewhat unclear about what are they supposed to do to your system. That is why I went for the Noob Starter Guide by nabster92 and updated my system menu from 3.4E to 4.0E and then to 4.1E via waninkoko`s updaters (first 4.0 and then 4.1). Everything went ok.

So I think these steps should be added to the guide for people with 3.x systems... at least as recommendations or something. Edit2: Noooob*slap* - I forgot this was written in the FAQ ...
rolleyes.gif
But then again - these really need to be marked as steps.

My goal is to be able to run games from an USB loader, so I`ll stick to nabster92`s guide for now, but hands down to your guide, especially the starting package - via the email and everything. It was exactly what I needed to get me going.

Note: Preloader installation and usage is somewhat unclear also. I know you have placed it as optional, but if a noob (me) goes installing it right after doing everything in your guide step by step (and everything works!) the Preloader installs ok, but in its settings it is stated to run of IOS50, which eventually leads to the "corrupt system memory message", which is not that frightening, but someone could really mess things up. I thought I`d mention it. Edit3: Come on!!! - don`t leave such important things in the FAQ
laugh.gif

Edit4: In the end of the day, here are some general pointers for noobs (like me):

- This guide and nabster92`s guide (and almost everything they link to) MUST be read... Twice.. at least.
- After that you need to obey the rules, follow the steps, try to think a bit (but only within the limitations given by the above mentioned readings - don`t go thinking stuff on your own, please!) and you`ll be done in 55 minutes.

Practical notes:

- Wii with a 3.4E menu, WiiKey 1.9s, a Transcend microSD 2GB card with Adapter (Kingston btw), GC controller and Wiimote work flawlessly together if you follow everything stated above;
- After installing bootMii on boot2 (my machine was bought somewhere between December 2007 and February 2008, not sure exactly) or whereever - make a NAND backup. Then save it somewhere on your HDD, just to have another copy besides that on the SD card.
- While working with Dop-IOS MOD, keep in mind that it functions a bit differently with the two control options - the Wiimote and the GC gamepad. The first one doesn`t really function that well. Hint: If you are not sure what to do - just hit the B button or the Home button, BEFORE pressing the A button and everything should be OK.
- After step 3 of the guide, you can just download Waninkoko`s 4.0 and 4.1 installers, put them on your SD card and install them in the same order (That is, if you are on 3.4E, like me) - 4.0 first and then 4.1.
- Now you should be almost set - just follow the guide again, but you`d probably want to skip step 4. Please, someone correct me if this is going to result in something bad. Because that is what I did and it went great.
- Make another NAND backup - store it safely.
- Continue softmodding if you`d like. I`ll stop for now...

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, a few comments on the guide (not critics, just tips/questions):

At the top you say 4.2 uses modded TBR, in the guide it mentions normal TBR, which one is it?

At the top you advise people to use the official nintendo update. Yes, 4.2 can be hacked just fine now, but there's still the bricking risk, isnt there?!

At the top you say "CIOS 222, 223, 249 and 254, Homebrew Channel, System Menu, Preloader, Bootmii, DVDX, & IOS 36, 53, 55, 60, 61, and 202 on your Wii." This sentence seems to come a bit out of nowhere for new users. Is it just a description of the guide, or maybe for search terms? It was a bit confusing for me.

"This guide accomplishes the following: 1] Updates your wii to the latest firmware. [4.2]". Does it?? Oh yeah, it does if you run the 4.2 safe update first. Otherwise it doesn't. Maybe make it more clear.

"Installs custom IOS 202 [2.0 USB support]" I dont have cIOS202, but my USB works fine? Or is that for games that use USB when ran from the disc channel or something?

At the end of the 4.2 method, you say "Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60." But many 4.2 users would not even have a IOS60. (cause they safe upgraded from 3.x to 4.2)

Would it be wise to unsign ios36 after using it to install waninkokorev14? To make sure HBC won't be upside down when using ios36?

TimwaTumble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have been following the guide for 4.2, i am now stuck at steps 4,5 and 6. it asks to select iso249, but its not there? in step 2 it says to delete it, is this why i cant find it?

the nearest number to 249 i can find is 254, can i use that instead?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TimwaTumble said:
i have been following the guide for 4.2, i am now stuck at steps 4,5 and 6. it asks to select iso249, but its not there? in step 2 it says to delete it, is this why i cant find it?

the nearest number to 249 i can find is 254, can i use that instead?
Strange cause step 3 should have given you an IOS249
Did the installation fail?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's threads about that already. Please search.

Short answer:
Yes, reinstall the system menu wad and preloader will be gone. If you can, please make sure to have a bootmii backup before doing so.

iraqieagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK i have done this till the step
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Press right until you see IOS53.
Press A to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS55.

Press home to return to HBC.

after that it tells me that the file ISO61 is not Available and it try to conect to the internet

please need your help with this
my Wii is 3.2u Korean

roup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
embeth said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Press right until you see IOS53.
Press right until you see IOS55.
Press home to return to HBC.

There is no option to "Choose IOS249 and press A."

would the old guide have helped or would i have run into the same problems

You're probably using DOP-IOS (not DOP IOS MOD), it doesn't really matter, I'm pretty sure the only difference is DOP IOS MOD allows u to choose what IOS to run off of, and DOP IOS uses 249 by default (which is what this guide says to do anyway).

Here's how you fix your problem, make sure u use either DOP IOS or DOP IOS MOD to dop IOS61, Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.

Afterwards, run the hackmii installer again, using your favourite method (homebrew, bannerbomb, indiana pwns, smash stack etc.), and reinstall homebrew, this time it should install to IOS61. And you should be fixed.

This worked to flip my HBC from being up-side-down. Still no 249 to select in step 3. Can some tell me how to add 249 so that it's available in DOP-IOS?

pigii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
are waninkoko's firmware updaters safe to use? i thought they downloaded the stub IOS's now and killed your wii?
the download in your guide contains no wads for wad installation
unsure.gif

im kinda confused - sorry if its a stupid question

doca

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found large similarities between xzxero and amarokz guides - thanks to both for the effort.

At the end I used the amarokz guide up to the IOS222 and 223 installation: after that, instead of installing neogamma r7 that was returning me always error 2021 I installed successfully SoftchipR99. After that I read that, perhaps, Wad Manager version 1.5, instead of 1.4, would have installed Neogamma.

A doubt, in me, remains: if xzxero's steps 1a and 1b (Truchabug Restore with IOS15 downgrade and IOS36 Sig Hash re-installation) can be considered equivalent to amarokz's usage of cboot2 or not.

Or, putting it differently, is Truchabug Restore with IOS15 downgrade and IOS36 Sig Hash re-installation always needed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hey guyz