Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero'''thanks for the help eveything installed fine...gr8 guide...i got bootmii working as ios and did the nand thingy...i did wind up with the upside down hbc... went in i'm at ios36 12.22...so now i'm reading trying to find out how to fix this..

thanx onad

ok... going to use nus and down load ios36 3094..packed as wad... then use wad manager to install...from what i read this will fix...correct?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
longtom1 said:
xflak40 said:
ebortega said:
can somebody help me about my mplayerce its not loading i have lu65 and 4.1u wii updated via this guide everything is running fine except in mplayerce 0.75.. TIA

I know this app doesn't work via a USB, it does work with an SD card, I'm not sure about SDHC. If you're using SDHC try a simple SD card instead. Not 100% on this, just a thought
did you install the usb2 for mplayerce

sorry let me be more specific, I meant the app itself doesn't work off of a USB, ie. I can load mplayer_ce via my SD card, and play vids off my USB (yes, I installed usb2 on IOS202). But I can't load the app without the SD card (unlike a lot of other apps that can run off of a FAT32 drive). It may be the same for an SDHC card (I don't know, I don't own one yet). So longtom1, try using a regular SD card (after all this, I bet you were doing that from the start and my advice was pointless!)

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
longtom1 said:
xflak40 said:
ebortega said:
can somebody help me about my mplayerce its not loading i have lu65 and 4.1u wii updated via this guide everything is running fine except in mplayerce 0.75.. TIA

I know this app doesn't work via a USB, it does work with an SD card, I'm not sure about SDHC. If you're using SDHC try a simple SD card instead. Not 100% on this, just a thought
did you install the usb2 for mplayerce

sorry let me be more specific, I meant the app itself doesn't work off of a USB, ie. I can load mplayer_ce via my SD card, and play vids off my USB (yes, I installed usb2 on IOS202). But I can't load the app without the SD card (unlike a lot of other apps that can run off of a FAT32 drive). It may be the same for an SDHC card (I don't know, I don't own one yet). So longtom1, try using a regular SD card (after all this, I bet you were doing that from the start and my advice was pointless!)

actually i have 2 wii the other one has working mplayerce but they have different serial number but i dont think thats the problem im using the same sd card which i use from the old one so i donth think the sdcard is the problem. the real problem is i cans see the mplacer ce v0.75 loading and it freezes there i think its a usb2.0 ios problem but im not sure. i hope somebody cand help me figure it out. TIA

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
actually i have 2 wii the other one has working mplayerce but they have different serial number but i dont think thats the problem im using the same sd card which i use from the old one so i donth think the sdcard is the problem. the real problem is i cans see the mplacer ce v0.75 loading and it freezes there i think its a usb2.0 ios problem but im not sure. i hope somebody cand help me figure it out. TIA
[/quote]

Have you tried reinstalling USB 2?

criss123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi; I have read through this and I must say it is a great tutorial. However before continuing I would like a definite response on this just in case. My friend saw my USB Loader GX and loved it so he brought his Wii to my house. I used this tutorial and installed Preloader, Hackmii Installer, HBC as well as TBR. I gave him the Wii and told him to go nuts and he updated it to 4.2 not knowing not to. Will this tutorial allow him to use USB Loader GX to work again??

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
criss123 said:
Hi; I have read through this and I must say it is a great tutorial. However before continuing I would like a definite response on this just in case. My friend saw my USB Loader GX and loved it so he brought his Wii to my house. I used this tutorial and installed Preloader, Hackmii Installer, HBC as well as TBR. I gave him the Wii and told him to go nuts and he updated it to 4.2 not knowing not to. Will this tutorial allow him to use USB Loader GX to work again??
of course, it get cIOS back into your system

criss123

Trophies
XP
Country
for starters thank you very much for the fast reply. Also does this mean I do not have to follow the other steps of the tutorial? Like do I need to still use Wankiko installer to 4.2 or do I need to get hbc again?

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[/quote]

Have you tried reinstalling USB 2?
[/quote]

yep i tried reinstalling usb2 same result
frown.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
criss123 said:
for starters thank you very much for the fast reply. Also does this mean I do not have to follow the other steps of the tutorial? Like do I need to still use Wankiko installer to 4.2 or do I need to get hbc again?
just follow the guide from beginning to end if you updated to 4.2 via nintendo.

criss123

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
criss123 said:

Thanks for the sexeh easy response. You should add that to the first part of your guide
laugh.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
criss123 said:
xzxero said:
criss123 said:

Thanks for the sexeh easy response. You should add that to the first part of your guide
laugh.gif
hmm im assuming thats self explanatory because if your on 4.2 looking to softmod then you must've updated via nintendo.

criss123

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh; I thought Wiis were starting to come on newer firmwares and did not know if certain things were already installed if it would have the same outcome.

felixjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, Thanks very much for the step by step guide.
I'm now experiencing a problem for 4.2 method.
After load up cIOS Installer 2.0, during the installation, right before the "finishing installation .....", I got a line of errer saying "Installing Custom IOS, please wait... >>> Install ERROR! (ref - =1035)
And if I carry on to the next step, when I try to load "DOP-IOS" from HBC, it freezes and gives me a black screen.

Have you experience such problem before? Any solution?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
felixjoe said:
Hi, Thanks very much for the step by step guide.
I'm now experiencing a problem for 4.2 method.
After load up cIOS Installer 2.0, during the installation, right before the "finishing installation .....", I got a line of errer saying "Installing Custom IOS, please wait... >>> Install ERROR! (ref - =1035)
And if I carry on to the next step, when I try to load "DOP-IOS" from HBC, it freezes and gives me a black screen.

Have you experience such problem before? Any solution?
you didnt uninstall the IOS's in step 6.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after reading this .....

" This is the log of the r763 by lustar
The mload/ehcmodule update is now complete, thanks to dimok. You need to update Hermes cIOS 222/223 to v4 if you use it because it works the same as in uloader, only v4 is supported. You may have to delete your main configuration file before updating if you had v3 installed. For some games, you will have to use 222 instead of 223 (RB instruments, GH 5) if you had 222 v3. If you think you need an external ehcmodule.elf, you can put it in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ and it will be loaded. Fixed crash when setting a custom path using the folder button (issue 864). Fixed black screen when starting the loader from HBC a long time after powering the Wii and the HDD went to sleep (tested on a WD 2,5") (possible fix for issue 881). "

I have used the guide here recently , and everything was great till i updated the gxloader with the wifi

How do I update cIOS to version 4 / or do i need it?
Do I need an external ehcmodule.elf ? ...Bud

ydhuldhoya

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hi, I've recently purchased a pre-hacked Korean wii that allows me to play backup disks. It's currently on 4.0U. However, the HBC is on 1.01 and I'm unable to upgrade to 1.05 as hackmii quits with "no vulnerable IOS" error. Also, there is no WAD manager installed, and the HBC is absolutely empty. The shopping channel also is absolutely empty. This leads me to think that I should upgrade the system, maybe to 4.1U. My question is, which guide should I follow for upgrading? Can I follow this guide, or do I need to remove the cioscorp-like mod first before following this guide? Any guidance is really appreciated. Thank you.

Yogesh.

pamtayls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All!!

I have used your guide to softmod a 4.0e wii but was wondering:

My wii is a 3.2e wii. with your guide will it update to 4.1e just by following the steps?

Thanks

goodhed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently connected my stock Wii (Ver 3.3) to the internet. I wasn't aware that most bootloader hacks won't work on 4.2 and upgraded the firmware via Nintendo, stupid me. Now I intend to use this guide to load game ISOs. I've mailed a couple of times to get the link for the file but haven't heard back. Can someone please forward me link on [email protected]. Has anyone successfully modded virgin 4.2 Wii???

Much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1