Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
xzxero said:
the trucha bug is the factor that makes homebrew and cIOS possible, why wouldnt you want it on your system?
im pretty sure you dont know what the trucha bug even is.

the guide is self explanatory.
He wants to install it but he CAN'T
Thats not the same...
ahaha, my bad i read "I will not install"
my bad for the rude/dick remark.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i forgot i have a couple question for you xzxero, i sometimes find that my Wii won't start up from standby mode. I found that if i hold the power for 5 sec the light turns red then i push the power button 1 more time and all is well. the Wii starts up and runs like a champ. ah no second question ill look for the answer in the preloader thread.

cancertoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
cancertoast said:
Code:
his guide accomplishes the following:

3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii.
4] Installs custom IOS 202 [2.0 USB support], 222 [Hermes], 223 [Hermes], 249 [Waninkoko rev14], 254 [DVDX] to your wii.

The Trucha bug is what is holding up my Wii experiment. It will not install. Perhaps I am not following the correct instructions. any help is appreciated.

Step 4 looks to be confusing as well, a good howto for that or some tips would also be appreciated.

Are you using the online or offline method? Are you running 4.1 or below?, cause if you are. I suggest doing the offline method, send a hello email to "[email protected]"
you'll get every thing you need to put on your SD all numbered steps 1 thru 8. You can't go wrong.

alrighty, I have 4.1u installed, bootmii works (I can use the power/reset buttons.) I will send an email to that address and will try and start from the beginning I guess. A GC is required though right? Even if I installed to boot2 succesfully?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
i forgot i have a couple question for you xzxero, i sometimes find that my Wii won't start up from standby mode. I found that if i hold the power for 5 sec the light turns red then i push the power button 1 more time and all is well. the Wii starts up and runs like a champ. ah no second question ill look for the answer in the preloader thread.
check the preloader settings for standby mode

cancertoast said:
transam81 said:
cancertoast said:
CODEhis guide accomplishes the following:

3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii.
4] Installs custom IOS 202 [2.0 USB support], 222 [Hermes], 223 [Hermes], 249 [Waninkoko rev14], 254 [DVDX] to your wii.

The Trucha bug is what is holding up my Wii experiment. It will not install. Perhaps I am not following the correct instructions. any help is appreciated.

Step 4 looks to be confusing as well, a good howto for that or some tips would also be appreciated.

Are you using the online or offline method? Are you running 4.1 or below?, cause if you are. I suggest doing the offline method, send a hello email to "[email protected]"
you'll get every thing you need to put on your SD all numbered steps 1 thru 8. You can't go wrong.

alrighty, I have 4.1u installed, bootmii works (I can use the power/reset buttons.) I will send an email to that address and will try and start from the beginning I guess. A GC is required though right? Even if I installed to boot2 succesfully?
no its only required if you plan on playing gamecube backups.

Sakuryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
Sakuryu said:
Im a very extreme noob and really dont know about compatability on wii. Is it possible to run softMii after this is it recommended?

Oh Ican only instal bootmii as an IOS for soem reason and it said to post results. it works great

You're the first person I've heard of who's actually posted results! Did you use the 4.2 method (using cboot2) or the 4.1 method (using trucha bug restorer)?
4.2 i still wanna do more with my wii and the youtube vids of softmii look pretty sweet thats why i was wondering

and to tell the truth not entirely sure what it is i like the boot channel thing the custom health screen and everythign shown in the vids and yes i know i can get most if not all of the functions else where

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sakuryu said:
xflak40 said:
Sakuryu said:
Im a very extreme noob and really dont know about compatability on wii. Is it possible to run softMii after this is it recommended?

Oh Ican only instal bootmii as an IOS for soem reason and it said to post results. it works great

You're the first person I've heard of who's actually posted results! Did you use the 4.2 method (using cboot2) or the 4.1 method (using trucha bug restorer)?
4.2 i still wanna do more with my wii and the youtube vids of softmii look pretty sweet thats why i was wondering
so you dont know what softmii is?
get softmii out of your head its outdated and dangerous.
your looking to put on a theme?
look into .mym , MyMenu, and MyMenuify

RCGantois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying this and it's working! But I ave a question:

When I'm using DOP-IOS v8 I MUST patch only the ios36, 53 and 55 or can I patch other IOS that the program show? Is ther any benefit or lost if I did this with others IOSs (ex: 35 for NMH 37 for GH and RB and 38)?

Thanks!!!

Sakuryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what others said . thank you for clearing that up because i read mixed posts and couldnt decide I was gonna try CIOScorp or whatever it is that lets me boot from the disc channel but they said it was very dangerous. Oh is installign bootmii as boot 2 special or does it just skip the health screen?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RCGantois said:

When I'm using DOP-IOS v8 I MUST patch only the ios36, 53 and 55 or can I patch other IOS that the program show? Is ther any benefit or lost if I did this with others IOSs (ex: 35 for NMH 37 for GH and RB and 38)?
Thanks!!!
you can if you want, wont really make big difference though.

QUOTE(Sakuryu @ Oct 5 2009, 02:18 PM) thats what others said . thank you for clearing that up because i read mixed posts and couldnt decide I was gonna try CIOScorp or whatever it is that lets me boot from the disc channel but they said it was very dangerous. Oh is installign bootmii as boot 2 special or does it just skip the health screen?
boot2 version bootmii is the ultimate form of brick protection.

and it has nothing to with the health screen.

preloader and startpatch skip the health screen using hacks.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
One thing I noticed that was different in the guide was at this step:

15] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38.

At the last part I had "select ISO38 merged with IOS60." Was it just typed in backwards in the guide?
Did anyone else also notice this or is it just me?

djmathias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What parrt did it brick at?

Ummm....lol...After going through the setup then into the AFTER MODDING section, i think I put a different file structure from another website on the sd card then ran it....lost everything at first except it could load Twilight and play...then rebooted and wont even load onto tv...Talked to Nintendo and will cost me 85.00 plus shipping to get it foxed..unless I can fix it myself..lol...I'm an idiot!!!
Thanks 4 ur help

Sakuryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
RCGantois said:

Thanks!!!
you can if you want, wont really make big difference though.

QUOTE(Sakuryu @ Oct 5 2009, 02:18 PM) thats what others said . thank you for clearing that up because i read mixed posts and couldnt decide I was gonna try CIOScorp or whatever it is that lets me boot from the disc channel but they said it was very dangerous. Oh is installign bootmii as boot 2 special or does it just skip the health screen?
boot2 version bootmii is the ultimate form of brick protection.

and it has nothing to with the health screen.

preloader and startpatch skip the health screen using hacks.

yeah just did the preloader thing and fixed the health screen is there anyway for me to install boot mii as boot 2? I have a LU65 and i had to do this because my dad wanted to go to the shoppign channel i think and it did an update

giygas73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey zxzero, just wanted to post back to let you know everything is still working with 4.2, ive tried a few games and everything was great (just oddly long loading times on one game).

I was actually wondering, does this allow GC backups too thru wiiGators Backup 0.3? or is this not working with GC games? I dont know half of the shit that installed, is one of them the cIOS needed for wiiGators GC Backup tool?

Thanks for you help man, cheers

Sakuryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sucks, oh well cant help it. can i get a link to or a lis of a few cool homebrews for my wii? is ther anyway to make it more brick proof?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
EeZeEpEe said:
EeZeEpEe said:

At the last part I had "select ISO38 merged with IOS60." Was it just typed in backwards in the guide?

I noticed this also. I asked xzxero about it, and he said it doesn't matter, the IOSs are the same, just under different numbers. I personally made 222=38 merged with 60, and 223=37 merged with 38. This is the combination that allowed me to run guitar hero 5 (loading from IOS 223).

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giygas73 said:
Hey zxzero, just wanted to post back to let you know everything is still working with 4.2, ive tried a few games and everything was great (just oddly long loading times on one game).

I was actually wondering, does this allow GC backups too thru wiiGators Backup 0.3? or is this not working with GC games? I dont know half of the shit that installed, is one of them the cIOS needed for wiiGators GC Backup tool?

Thanks for you help man, cheers
yes it does, miospatcher allows you to play backup gamecubes. period.
you can use neogamma r7 too.

Sakuryu said:
that sucks, oh well cant help it. can i get a link to or a lis of a few cool homebrews for my wii? is ther anyway to make it more brick proof?
wiibrew.org

xflak40 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
QUOTE(EeZeEpEe @ Oct 5 2009, 01:29 PM)

I noticed this also. I asked xzxero about it, and he said it doesn't matter, the IOSs are the same, just under different numbers. I personally made 222=38 merged with 60, and 223=37 merged with 38. This is the combination that allowed me to run guitar hero 5 (loading from IOS 223).
37 merged with 38 is what allows you to play GH5, doesnt matter what IOS you install it too.
anways, im pretty sure you guys figured that out by now.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help.. got everything accomplished ..Great Faq

Having one issue , using the USB Loader GX .I backed up most of my games
and was checking to see if they play ok from harddrive ..I have one game Medal of Honor -Heroes 2
when loading the game , i loose all remote functions and can't get into the game , is there a fix for this problem ?
Thanks Bud....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o