• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

mathman123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get to step 10 to install do not reaload IOS it installs properly. Then when I go to restart my wii, the wii freezes. Please help me! I will be in so much trouble if my wii is bricked or something!!! BTW I am running 4.2.

Posts merged

xzxero said:
Budweiser said:
How many wads can be installed, what is the wii's total size limit ..
by filling this up does this hurt memory for something important?
the wii has 512mb of flash memory inside.

no it doesnt hurt the memory for something else, just your saves and dlc and used in it.

to save space, look for forwarder type channels.

When I get to step 10 to install do not reaload IOS it installs properly. Then when I go to restart my wii, the wii freezes. Please help me! I will be in so much trouble if my wii is bricked or something!!! BTW I am running 4.2.

mathman123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
cool cool, i tried to be straight forward as possible, with no unnecessary downloads or steps. ill be updating frequently if all goes well.

I am stuck on step 10. when I put all the folders necessary on my sd card and start my wii. The screen trips out just like the wad manager and cios installer pops up. It does not go to my wii menu!! After picking do not reload IOS it installs successfully, but when I click restart wii, the wii freezes. I cant go back to my wii menu. If I take out the sd card from the wii, and start it the screen is blank. Can you please help me???

fr3dd3v1l

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Thanks for the guide.
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif

I manage to mod my 4.2 wii.
I have several question regarding the mod:
1. May I ask what will happen if I didn't install the MODSpatcher? (I do not have any Gamecube controller)
2. Everytime I turn on my wii I will go to the menu to choose systemmenu, homebrew channel, installed file? How to cancel this menu so everytime I turn
on my wii I will straight away go to the channel selection?

Thanks in advance

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fr3dd3v1l said:
Thanks for the guide.
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif

1. May I ask what will happen if I didn't install the MODSpatcher? (I do not have any Gamecube controller)
2. Everytime I turn on my wii I will go to the menu to choose systemmenu, homebrew channel, installed file? How to cancel this menu so everytime I turn

Thanks in advance

1. Do you mean MIOSpatcher? It's for backup Gamecumbe games and is optional.
2. That's Preloader starting up. It's supposed to start up everytime before the Wii System Menu. It's good for just incase you mess up the System Menu and can't access the HBC or Bootmi. You can always access the HBC or Bootmi through Preloader.

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Let's say I have a completely virgin 4.2. Which step in the guide introduces the trucha bug in order to install cIOS 14? Sorry, I'm just wondering how come when modding a virgin 4.1 system, we trucha-ed IOS 36 to get cIOS 14 installed to IOS 249 but when modding a 4.2, this step doesn't seem to come first...?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fr3dd3v1l said:
Thanks for the guide.
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif

Thanks in advance

Enter the settings menu for preloader and you will see some options.
The only ones you need to worry about are the first two.

Autoboot and Return To

Autoboot will be set to disabled.
Return will be set to preloader.
You need to change both of them until they say systemmenu.
Once you have changed them both to systemmenu scroll down to the bottom
and select save settings to save the changes you just made.

Doing this will prevent preloader menu from loading everytime you turn on the wii.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john1010_ma said:
Let's say I have a completely virgin 4.2. Which step in the guide introduces the trucha bug in order to install cIOS 14? Sorry, I'm just wondering how come when modding a virgin 4.1 system, we trucha-ed IOS 36 to get cIOS 14 installed to IOS 249 but when modding a 4.2, this step doesn't seem to come first...?

Step 9 and step 10 get the trucha bug back into the sytem by installing ios249.This install method doesn't need a trucha ios in order to work.

Trucha bug restorer will not work on 4.2 so you can't use it on a 4.2 system.Dop iosv8 will not work either because it needs a trucha bug ios to run off of and if its a virgin wii then there will be no trucha bug ios to use.

sige12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this was answered already, but I didn't see it.

I followed the guide for a virgin 4.2U, and everything installed cleanly without a hitch.
I haven't really gotten into any of it yet, since I just now completed installs.

Problem is: I go to system menu and my original discs aren't being recognized.
Is there a setting in preloader or somehere I'm missing?

Thanks and sorry if this is overly noobish.

Edit: forgot to mention - I tried reinserting the game disk (Sports Resort), and it was showing a message saying it needed updating before it could run. I reset the Wii, since I wasn't sure if updating would be safe or not.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sige12 said:

I followed the guide for a virgin 4.2U, and everything installed cleanly without a hitch.
I haven't really gotten into any of it yet, since I just now completed installs.

Edit: forgot to mention - I tried reinserting the game disk (Sports Resort), and it was showing a message saying it needed updating before it could run. I reset the Wii, since I wasn't sure if updating would be safe or not.

My guess is when you followed the guide you installed some trucha bugged ios files.Now when the disk gets put in it probably has the same ios files but different versions and its wanting to update them to the non bugged version.

You could get preloader and get the hack for skip disc updates.

sige12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
sige12 said:

My guess is when you followed the guide you installed some trucha bugged ios files.Now when the disk gets put in it probably has the same ios files but different versions and its wanting to update them to the non bugged version.

Okay, preloader was already installed and I went in and changed that setting.
Worked like a charm, thank you for the quick response!

djmathias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP.............sorry if this was covered but I'm freaking out...got all the way to homebrewchannel etc.....got interupted by son and now got a BIG BRICK....i mean it wont even turn on...Light comes on but nothing to the tv....tried holding down reset while power but nothing.....DID I just roylally screw myself and my sons Wii? And it was going soo good...Any way to get it going again from scratch?

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
icpmattj said:
john1010_ma said:

Step 9 and step 10 get the trucha bug back into the sytem by installing ios249.This install method doesn't need a trucha ios in order to work.

Hold on a sec, upon further reading, in 4.2, I think it's cboot2 that allows a patched ios to run the cIOS 14 installer whereas in 4.1 we used a trucha patch ios 36 to run the cIOS 14 installer. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

Sakuryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a very extreme noob and really dont know about compatability on wii. Is it possible to run softMii after this is it recommended?

Oh Ican only instal bootmii as an IOS for soem reason and it said to post results. it works great

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
preloader is not working for me.

I ran dop ios on 36 and then installed the iso70freethebug wad and then preloader and now all i get is a 4.2USA on a black screen.

and yes its set to ios70 in the settings.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Sakuryu said:
Im a very extreme noob and really dont know about compatability on wii. Is it possible to run softMii after this is it recommended?

Oh Ican only instal bootmii as an IOS for soem reason and it said to post results. it works great

You're the first person I've heard of who's actually posted results! Did you use the 4.2 method (using cboot2) or the 4.1 method (using trucha bug restorer)?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:

The guide only installs IOS 53, 55, & 70 and obviously IOS 202, 222, 223, 249 & 250 with trucha

djmathias said:
HELP.............sorry if this was covered but I'm freaking out...got all the way to homebrewchannel etc.....got interupted by son and now got a BIG BRICK....i mean it wont even turn on...Light comes on but nothing to the tv....tried holding down reset while power but nothing.....DID I just roylally screw myself and my sons Wii? And it was going soo good...Any way to get it going again from scratch?
What parrt did it brick at?

john1010_ma said:
Hold on a sec, upon further reading, in 4.2, I think it's cboot2 that allows a patched ios to run the cIOS 14 installer whereas in 4.1 we used a trucha patch ios 36 to run the cIOS 14 installer. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
you run cboot2 to run any program that usually requires trucha without the need for trucha.

QUOTE(Sakuryu @ Oct 5 2009, 12:58 PM)

do you even know what softmii is?

cancertoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
his guide accomplishes the following:

3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii.
4] Installs custom IOS 202 [2.0 USB support], 222 [Hermes], 223 [Hermes], 249 [Waninkoko rev14], 254 [DVDX] to your wii.

The Trucha bug is what is holding up my Wii experiment. It will not install. Perhaps I am not following the correct instructions. any help is appreciated.

Step 4 looks to be confusing as well, a good howto for that or some tips would also be appreciated.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cancertoast said:
Code:
1] Updates your wii to the latest firmware. [4.1!!!]
2] Installs the Homebrew Channel, Bootmii, and DVDX onto your wii.
[b]3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii.[/b]
4] Installs custom IOS 202 [2.0 USB support], 222 [Hermes], 223 [Hermes], 249 [Waninkoko rev14], 254 [DVDX] to your wii.
5] Allows your Wii to play Wii backups directly from the disc channel, through a backup loader, and/or via usb.
6] Allows your Wii to play Gamecube backups via a backup launcher.
7] Play Wiiware and Virtual Console games off the sd card menu.

The Trucha bug is what is holding up my Wii experiment. It will not install. Perhaps I am not following the correct instructions. any help is appreciated.

Step 4 looks to be confusing as well, a good howto for that or some tips would also be appreciated.

the guide is self explanatory.
what firmware are you on and what guide are you using?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
the trucha bug is the factor that makes homebrew and cIOS possible, why wouldnt you want it on your system?
im pretty sure you dont know what the trucha bug even is.

the guide is self explanatory.
He wants to install it but he CAN'T
Thats not the same...

@ cancertoast: these are not the steps, you need to open one of the spoilers below

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cancertoast said:
Code:

3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii.

Are you using the online or offline method? Are you running 4.1 or below?, cause if you are. I suggest doing the offline method, send a hello email to "[email protected]"
you'll get every thing you need to put on your SD all numbered steps 1 thru 8. You can't go wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make up songs all the time "The driver in front of me shouldn't be allowed to breathe" that...