embeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is step 8...

QUOTE said:
8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

only if i want to run gc cube and not necessary?

thi3f

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the Madworld problem that seems to be easily solvable.

Most of the responses I see are along the lines of "install IOS 38, 53, & 55." All of which this guide covers. Then they also say to use the .002 fix, which the USB Loader easily does so...

Is anyone else still getting a black screen w/ audio on Madworld?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bookwormz13971 said:
Hello I made it to step 4 (Offline) where it says:

4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to open from SD.
Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [or System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users] and exit.

Okay when I did it it seemed to freeze halfway through ( I sat there for like 10 min waiting for it to get through and I was scared to turn it off so I just went ahead and went to school and when I came home apparently my nephews came over earlier and (without my permission) turned off the power. They said it wasn't doing anything so they turned it off to play a game. Now I have a problem. The wii starts okay displaying Wii, HBC, etc. I stopped at step four so I try this again so I use my GC controller and go to HB channel. I go to WAD manager 1.5 and load it. When it time to press A I realize my Wii controller doesn't work. It's as if my Wii isn't picking them up (I have 2) so I wanted to know if you had any ideas or did something go horribly wrong on my part. I have replaced the batteries, tried resyncing, I even unplugged my Wii and took the batteries out of my remote and let it sit there for a few min. And nothing seems to work.

I also did not have Wii 4.1 or above.
try using this wad manager with gamecube controller support to install the system menu again

embeth said:
is step 8...

QUOTE said:
8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

only if i want to run gc cube and not necessary?
yea only if you want to run gamecube backups and completely optional.

QUOTE(thi3f @ Sep 29 2009, 09:19 PM)
Having the Madworld problem that seems to be easily solvable.

Most of the responses I see are along the lines of "install IOS 38, 53, & 55." All of which this guide covers. Then they also say to use the .002 fix, which the USB Loader easily does so...

Is anyone else still getting a black screen w/ audio on Madworld?
is the game your region?

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi xzxero
First of all thanks for the guide.
I'm stuck on step 4 online, updating to 4.1 I'm currently on 3.3e.
I load wad manager 1.5
select IOS249
then i get the option - Select NAND emulator device: I press A
then press A on Select source device
then i get a message saying retrieving file list..... No files found

Have i missed installing or moving a wad to the SD card?

Thanks for your help.

*edit* i used wannikoko's 4.1 updater and then carried on. all seems fine.
Thanks again for a great guide.

Melik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone , this is my first post here, and before anything , please excuse my english , it's my 3rd language so please be tolerant.

Zard said:
Hi ! This is my first post here !

I found your forum and I trust it.
I bought my wii last day ..my wii have LU66 serial key and 3.4u version
For hack my wii , I choose offline method and read carefully the step.
My problem is my files are not identical of your guide.
Extract modoff in my sd card, and extract NUSDv12.zip, when I start NUSDv12, the only option for me is click on “ generate Certs “ after it’s possible for me to start the procedure.

First I choose system menu, v449 ( I live in Canada) and complete guide, when I finish I don’t have : key.bin file, cert.sys have 2,50kB not 3kB, 00000026 have 1.84MB not 192KB , 00000024 have 1,92MB not 192KB

On my SD card all file is ok exept 00000001 have 12 MB not 9,6 MB
I try to understand why I don’t have the same size of the guide, but I don’t found and dont take a chance to put SD card on my wii if the files is not ok !!
wacko.gif

Sorry if my English is poor hehehe I prefere your forum than French forum with the older method and not appropriate for LU64++

Thank for help

(ps) i put a Latest database code in a database.xml

I quoted 'Zard' because I have exactly the same problem as he does ,i.e. that after following this guide I end up with the 00000026 have 1.84MB not 192KB , and 00000024 have 1,69MB not 192KB.
Could I have any advice whether to continue the installation procedures or should I not do it?Is there a chance to brick the wii ?

thanks a bunch !

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it and figured it out. Now although the WAD has installed correctly my Wiimotes are still not picking up my Wii which is strange. Everything is plugged in, fresh batteries, etc. I am thinking of ordering another Wiimote.

Zard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Melik said:
Hello everyone , this is my first post here, and before anything , please excuse my english , it's my 3rd language so please be tolerant.

Zard said:
Hi ! This is my first post here !

I found your forum and I trust it.
I bought my wii last day ..my wii have LU66 serial key and 3.4u version
For hack my wii , I choose offline method and read carefully the step.
My problem is my files are not identical of your guide.
Extract modoff in my sd card, and extract NUSDv12.zip, when I start NUSDv12, the only option for me is click on “ generate Certs “ after it’s possible for me to start the procedure.

First I choose system menu, v449 ( I live in Canada) and complete guide, when I finish I don’t have : key.bin file, cert.sys have 2,50kB not 3kB, 00000026 have 1.84MB not 192KB , 00000024 have 1,92MB not 192KB

On my SD card all file is ok exept 00000001 have 12 MB not 9,6 MB
I try to understand why I don’t have the same size of the guide, but I don’t found and dont take a chance to put SD card on my wii if the files is not ok !!
wacko.gif

Sorry if my English is poor hehehe I prefere your forum than French forum with the older method and not appropriate for LU64++

Thank for help

(ps) i put a Latest database code in a database.xml

I quoted 'Zard' because I have exactly the same problem as he does ,i.e. that after following this guide I end up with the 00000026 have 1.84MB not 192KB , and 00000024 have 1,69MB not 192KB.
Could I have any advice whether to continue the installation procedures or should I not do it?Is there a chance to brick the wii ?

thanks a bunch !

i found..thanx

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...p;#entry2270547

uimy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything installed by following your guide, I had cIOScorps installed so I had to use IOS-DOP on a few files to get Trucha Bug Restorer to replace those files. This guide pretty much got rid of cIOScorps for me of correct? my only problems are that if I enable all the hacks in Preloader my games go black and white where the image is all screwy and it takes me straight to launching a game, so I'm just using the update patch is this bad? another thing after completing the guide my wii wouldn't read my retail guitar hero 4, I ejected the disc and put it back in and the problem is gone is this a problem?

IOS files that I've ran IOS-DOP on:
IOS15, IOS36 do I need to run it on any other files to rid myself of cIOScorp?

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To my last post I am going to try a method I saw here to get my wii motes back up.

Okay the hard reset didn't work but I've been searching around and at least I know my problem has to do with the fact my Wii does not have a operating system which is why via Homebrew channel I can play games but I can't get the wii channel to load. I have looked some more and someone mentioned something called GC controller brick fix.rar which is what I am going to use to try to fix this thing.

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I cannot find it whatsoever so I was thinking of doing what is posted here in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2xQl4TQJk...feature=related is the video but that is unnecessary in the comments he says to unbrick to do this:

***LAST UPDATE!!!***
I finally unbricked my Wii!!! (Thanx To pyroco101 and flux0deamon) I actually never thought it was so easy xD
Small Tutorial:

1. Download the files I uploaded below.
2. Put it on your sd and put your sd in your wii
Now The Real Thing...
3. Turn your wii on and immediatly HOLD reset button 'til you see a menu.
4. First you click the install file (or something)and follow instructions.
5. then if you go back to the menu from the beginning, you need to click load homebrew channel
6. then start any regionchanger, and just pess A at
"Install System Menu 3.2 ... Go" and follow the instructions and after that u have to confirm 'n stuff, after that u should get the system menu you are used to
tongue.gif

7. If not, or if you have any other trouble pm me
wink.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TM7MRRM8
i forgot to get the music files out of the zip but it wont mess anything up (i think)

I was thinking of rather going to install System Menu 3.2 switch it with the 4.1 but then I thought about it and it may be better to start from scratch or just wait another 2 or 3 days and do the online method.

thi3f

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
is the game your region?
yep, i made sure it was ntsc.

anything i should.. do again? just to make sure and all. i mean, i reinstalled the three ios's with dop-ios (38, 53, 55).

hackedad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this guide last night. I read through the entire noob guide and this one at least twice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Actually it bricked me with the "system files have been corrupted". I was able to restore via bootmii (actually the 0.3? version where I had to use a hex editor to fix the backup files), so that saved my butt.
  • I used the online method
  • I already had bannerbomb, HBC and DVDx installed. I noticed last night (9/30/2009) The Hackmii installer (including HBC, Bootmii, and DVDx all had updates available). I did NOT use those updates, I stayed on my current versions.
  • I don't recall seeing any error messages or failures during any of the steps except as noted below:
I experienced problems at the following steps:
  • Step 4) 4.1 Updater - this file did not seem to be present on my SD card. It seems to be completely missing from the modoff.zip. [edit] Not sure wher I got my zip, but the one I used was called "modoff.zip" and I see now the ones linked here are called "modon.zip". The Modoff doesn't have the 4.1 updater whereas modon does. Regardless, not sure if that was the missing thing that made me brick or not?[/edit]
  • Step 5) Preloader: I was not able to enable any hacks. Gave me an error referencing no hacks available for my current system version. I assumed this was because Preloader was wanting 4.1 whereas to my understanding, I was only at 4.0 because of not doing step 4.
  • Step 8) MIOSpatcher - I skipped this step. I don't have any gamcube controllers or interest in those games, so I skipped it.
At this point, I was in the HBC and pressed home, then exit to system menu. That's when I got the "System files are corrupted" message and proceeded to use bootmii to get me back up and running. After that scare, I called it a night.

My wonderings:[*]Why is 4.1 updater missing from the modoff.zip (or do the instructions need some additional detail?)[*]Any ideas on what I might have done wrong to cause this?[*]Could the files on NUS somehow have been changed to not work properly for this guide?[*]How will the new HBC (with different title IDs etc) affect these mods and applications? Will each of these apps need modified to work properly with new HBC/Bootmii/DVDx/sys4.2? In other words - should I upgrade to the newest HBC/Bootmii, or should I wait?

August8music

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm gonna try to Modd my Wii this weekend and wanting to know if this doesn't work can I uninstall/delete the files on my Wii and will it work like a regular Wii, or if I go down this path there no turning back. Aslo my wifes wondering can I play my already bought Wii games? If I use a DL back up of a game I already have and have saved spots, will it see the saved spots?
Thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hackedad said:
Just tried this guide last night. I read through the entire noob guide and this one at least twice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Actually it bricked me with the "system files have been corrupted". I was able to restore via bootmii (actually the 0.3? version where I had to use a hex editor to fix the backup files), so that saved my butt.
  • I used the online method
  • I already had bannerbomb, HBC and DVDx installed. I noticed last night (9/30/2009) The Hackmii installer (including HBC, Bootmii, and DVDx all had updates available). I did NOT use those updates, I stayed on my current versions.
  • I don't recall seeing any error messages or failures during any of the steps except as noted below:
I experienced problems at the following steps:
  • Step 4) 4.1 Updater - this file did not seem to be present on my SD card. It seems to be completely missing from the modoff.zip. [edit] Not sure wher I got my zip, but the one I used was called "modoff.zip" and I see now the ones linked here are called "modon.zip". The Modoff doesn't have the 4.1 updater whereas modon does. Regardless, not sure if that was the missing thing that made me brick or not?[/edit]
  • Step 5) Preloader: I was not able to enable any hacks. Gave me an error referencing no hacks available for my current system version. I assumed this was because Preloader was wanting 4.1 whereas to my understanding, I was only at 4.0 because of not doing step 4.
  • Step 8) MIOSpatcher - I skipped this step. I don't have any gamcube controllers or interest in those games, so I skipped it.
At this point, I was in the HBC and pressed home, then exit to system menu. That's when I got the "System files are corrupted" message and proceeded to use bootmii to get me back up and running. After that scare, I called it a night.

My wonderings:[*]Why is 4.1 updater missing from the modoff.zip (or do the instructions need some additional detail?)[*]Any ideas on what I might have done wrong to cause this?[*]Could the files on NUS somehow have been changed to not work properly for this guide?[*]How will the new HBC (with different title IDs etc) affect these mods and applications? Will each of these apps need modified to work properly with new HBC/Bootmii/DVDx/sys4.2? In other words - should I upgrade to the newest HBC/Bootmii, or should I wait?
online has firmware updater 4.1 and offline uses wad manager to update

i recommend you update with hackmii installer v5, but some games that go back to homebrew will just freeze , because its going to the wrong title id.

QUOTE(August8music @ Oct 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Hey I'm gonna try to Modd my Wii this weekend and wanting to know if this doesn't work can I uninstall/delete the files on my Wii and will it work like a regular Wii, or if I go down this path there no turning back. Aslo my wifes wondering can I play my already bought Wii games? If I use a DL back up of a game I already have and have saved spots, will it see the saved spots?
Thanks.
you can always restore your wii's first state, thats what the nand backup is for.

yes you can play original games.

yes a backup is an exact copy of a game, why would it use a different save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAMt9iehrE