• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

narutokratos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I followed ur guide and everything is fine but i cant access my sd card from the system menu,
it freezes my wii and somehow i have a "00000001" folder in my sd card.
I removed the boot.elf, should i just leave it inside the sd if thats the cause?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
narutokratos said:
Hi, I followed ur guide and everything is fine but i cant access my sd card from the system menu,
it freezes my wii and somehow i have a "00000001" folder in my sd card.
I removed the boot.elf, should i just leave it inside the sd if thats the cause?
the 00000001 was created with dop-ios.
you can delete everything from the modon.zip folder

the private folder is what is freezing your sd card menu

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey xzxero

i just logged in for the first time in a bit to check if my problem had had any workaround posted for it (it didn't) and i noticed that your guide has changed somewhat with some extra steps at the end (the prior version ended at the preloader step).

whats all the extra stuff about. should i go ahead and follow this guide again to get the extra stuff? if i do so, having already followed your original guide, is that going to cause any problems?

anyway, thanks in advance for clearing things up for me

ciao

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i just added step 6-8, and IOS 53, 55, & 61 to DOP-IOS

if your using the offline version you should download

navigate to IOS, IOS 38, choose v3610 and click start NUS Download. [CIOS rev14 & Hermes CIOS]

For the following IOS's, make sure to uncheck pack -> wad

navigate to IOS, IOS 36, choose v1042 and click start NUS Download. [IOS202]

navigate to IOS, IOS 37, choose v3612 and click start NUS Download. [Hermes CIOS]

navigate to IOS, IOS 53, choose v5149 and click start NUS Download. [WAD compatibility]

navigate to IOS, IOS 55, choose v5149 and click start NUS Download. [WAD compatibility]

navigate to IOS, IOS 60, choose v6174 and click start NUS Download. [DOP-IOS V7 Patch IOS60, Hermes CIOS, & IOS202]

navigate to IOS, IOS 61, choose v4890 and click start NUS Download. [Wii Shop Channel]

navigate to system, MIOS, choose v8 and click start NUS Download. [MIOSpatcher]

chupektong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero,

I noticed that you update on your tutorial. I missed
6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2,
7] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
8] Run MIOSpatcher

So i installed using on line method. After installed the last one. I return back to preloader. When i click system menu. I got an error. Homebrew channel no problem, preloader no problem.

How to recover this system menu. It said the system files... please refer to the wii....

Help please.

C

CasperH

chupektong said:
xzxero,

8] Run MIOSpatcher

So i isntalled using on line method. After installed the last one. I return back to preloader. When i click system menu. I got an error. Homebrew channel no problem
How to recover this system menu. It said the system files... please refer to the wii....
Reinstall preloader

theboy

Trophies
XP
Country
This may seem like a daft question but here goes, I'm following the guide posted at the start.

Load the homebrew - success
Load DVDx - success

However, I seem to be having a problem with Bootmii:

1. Installed Boot2 - success
2. IOS - success

Restarted the Wii but it loaded straight back into the main menu
So I restarted went back to the SD Card and removed the IOS version and rebooted
No change so went back in and re-installed IOS

Restarted, opened the Home Brew channel and clicked Home and entered Bootmii
The normal controller at this point starts flashing like mad and goes off, won't start and I can no longer use the power button on the Wii

The guide states to use a GC controller, am I to assume this is a Gamecube controller that I plug in?
If it is and there's no other way around it I'll need to get one tomorrow...

Hope that makes sense?
Thanks

chupektong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
chupektong said:
xzxero,

8] Run MIOSpatcher

So i isntalled using on line method. After installed the last one. I return back to preloader. When i click system menu. I got an error. Homebrew channel no problem
Reinstall preloader

Thank you. You are right. It works now.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theboy said:
This may seem like a daft question but here goes, I'm following the guide posted at the start.

Load the homebrew - success
Load DVDx - success

However, I seem to be having a problem with Bootmii:

1. Installed Boot2 - success
2. IOS - success

Restarted the Wii but it loaded straight back into the main menu
So I restarted went back to the SD Card and removed the IOS version and rebooted
No change so went back in and re-installed IOS

Restarted, opened the Home Brew channel and clicked Home and entered Bootmii
The normal controller at this point starts flashing like mad and goes off, won't start and I can no longer use the power button on the Wii

The guide states to use a GC controller, am I to assume this is a Gamecube controller that I plug in?
If it is and there's no other way around it I'll need to get one tomorrow...

Hope that makes sense?
Thanks
go back to the hackmii installer and prepare your sd card so it can create the bootmii folder on your sd card.

bootmii needs the bootmii folder to operate

narutokratos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again, thanks for the reply about the freezing sd card menu.
i was wondering if its ok to install cioscorp 3.4(newest, from what ive searched)
after following ur guide?
my wii is LU64+, just saying

theboy

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
go back to the hackmii installer and prepare your sd card so it can create the bootmii folder on your sd card.

bootmii needs the bootmii folder to operate

Just checked the SD card and there is a Bootmii folder there containing: armboot.bin, bootmii.ini and ppcboot.elf.

Are you saying remove the Bootmii installs and the DVDx install, take out SD card, add the folder again and try again?
Not quite sure where the Hackmii starts?

Thanks!

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
i just added step 6-8, and IOS 53, 55, & 61 to DOP-IOS

if your using the offline version you should download

navigate to IOS, IOS 38, choose v3610 and click start NUS Download. [CIOS rev14 & Hermes CIOS]

For the following IOS's, make sure to uncheck pack -> wad

navigate to IOS, IOS 36, choose v1042 and click start NUS Download. [IOS202]

navigate to IOS, IOS 37, choose v3612 and click start NUS Download. [Hermes CIOS]

navigate to IOS, IOS 53, choose v5149 and click start NUS Download. [WAD compatibility]

navigate to IOS, IOS 55, choose v5149 and click start NUS Download. [WAD compatibility]

navigate to IOS, IOS 60, choose v6174 and click start NUS Download. [DOP-IOS V7 Patch IOS60, Hermes CIOS, & IOS202]

navigate to IOS, IOS 61, choose v4890 and click start NUS Download. [Wii Shop Channel]

navigate to system, MIOS, choose v8 and click start NUS Download. [MIOSpatcher]

what are the benefits of having done steps 6-8 and ios 53 etc to dop-ios?? i mean in simple terms? do i need it?

can i follow this guide again, re doing it over the top of the previous one without any problems?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS 53 and 55 for WAD compatibility. you know, wiiware virtual console games

IOS 61 for the shop channel to work properly.

IOS 202 for USB 2.0 speeds on many apps for example mplayer ce, wiixplorer, etc.

IOS 222/223 for are an alternative cIOS for some games that wont work with cIOS 249 like guitar hero 5.

mIOS patcher is for playing gamecube backups.

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi xzxero,

I'm a newbie regarding Wii hacks but I've done a few changes like Twilight, Bootmii as IOS, HBC already. I am following your excellent guide to make sure I get the most out of my Wii and don't miss anything as yours looks very thorough.

I have a question, I have followed all the steps up to downloading all the wads with NUSD. When I look at the folder/file pics to compare if I have all the right files and folders I don't see a "key.bin" file. I do remember when I first started NUSD that it said something about this file IIRC. When I initially ran NUSD everything else was greyed out except that one button as you know so I couldn't have done anything wrong there could I? Was it supposed to make that file?

What is this file and is it required? Is the fact it's missing mean I have to find/make one and then redownload all the wads again (implying the file is somehow used to make the wads)? If you need more info please let me know.

Thank you

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to provide more discrepancies I have found after doing all that copying into those folders with numbers and letters. Nice idea to use the pictures by the way.

Your pic shows the folders:
00000024>v1042 to be 192KB
00000026>v3610 to be 192KB

I have:
00000024>v1042 to be 1.69MB (17 files)
00000026>v3610 to be 1.84MB (17 files)

My 00000001 folder altogether is 12.7MB, not 9.60MB as in your picture.

Have I done something wrong or has something changed on the server?

Thanks

gbaguy said:
Hi xzxero,

I'm a newbie regarding Wii hacks but I've done a few changes like Twilight, Bootmii as IOS, HBC already. I am following your excellent guide to make sure I get the most out of my Wii and don't miss anything as yours looks very thorough.

I have a question, I have followed all the steps up to downloading all the wads with NUSD. When I look at the folder/file pics to compare if I have all the right files and folders I don't see a "key.bin" file. I do remember when I first started NUSD that it said something about this file IIRC. When I initially ran NUSD everything else was greyed out except that one button as you know so I couldn't have done anything wrong there could I? Was it supposed to make that file?

What is this file and is it required? Is the fact it's missing mean I have to find/make one and then redownload all the wads again (implying the file is somehow used to make the wads)? If you need more info please let me know.

Thank you

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbaguy said:
I would like to provide more discrepancies I have found after doing all that copying into those folders with numbers and letters. Nice idea to use the pictures by the way.

Your pic shows the folders:
00000024>v1042 to be 192KB
00000026>v3610 to be 192KB

I have:
00000024>v1042 to be 1.69MB (17 files)
00000026>v3610 to be 1.84MB (17 files)

My 00000001 folder altogether is 12.7MB, not 9.60MB as in your picture.

Have I done something wrong or has something changed on the server?

Thanks

gbaguy said:
Hi xzxero,

Thank you
check this out

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I used this guide to hack a new (a month old or so) Wii. Everything fine but when I try to load a backup from Disc Channel (I used the System Menu: 249 option in Preloader) it loads the banner but won't start the game (Sorry but there is an error. Eject you disc and turn off the Wii etc.).

I followed the "Online Guide" step to step, and it's not the first Wii i modded (I did 6-7 before, but without this Guide). :\

I also tried to install the Neogamma Wad with Wad Manager 1.5, but i get an "error ret -112" (or something like that) during the installation.
frown.gif

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks xzxero,

I read the post where you said 'apparently you only need these 5 files'. So is it safe to just copy all (17) of those files over anyway? Or just pick out those you mentioned? The guy didn't post back on what he did afterwards and if it worked or not.

Also, I was reading ahead a bit and steps 5 and 6 is about installing Preloader and "cIOS Installer for USB2" but it doesn't mention those in the previous steps. Was it downloaded during the NUSD download steps and just has a cryptic name or do I need to get those somewhere? Sorry if it' s a dumb question.

Thank you

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaRk_ViVi said:
I used this guide to hack a new (a month old or so) Wii. Everything fine but when I try to load a backup from Disc Channel (I used the System Menu: 249 option in Preloader) it loads the banner but won't start the game (Sorry but there is an error. Eject you disc and turn off the Wii etc.).

I followed the "Online Guide" step to step, and it's not the first Wii i modded (I did 6-7 before, but without this Guide). :\

I also tried to install the Neogamma Wad with Wad Manager 1.5, but i get an "error ret -112" (or something like that) during the installation.
frown.gif

Changing the IOS to 249 doesnt always work.
try a backup launcher instead.
error -112
im pretty sure its -1022

that means you didnt do the trucha bug restorer steps correctly.
do em over. slowly.

QUOTE(gbaguy @ Sep 26 2009, 12:07 PM) Thanks xzxero,

I read the post where you said 'apparently you only need these 5 files'. So is it safe to just copy all (17) of those files over anyway? Or just pick out those you mentioned? The guy didn't post back on what he did afterwards and if it worked or not.

Also, I was reading ahead a bit and steps 5 and 6 is about installing Preloader and "cIOS Installer for USB2" but it doesn't mention those in the previous steps. Was it downloaded during the NUSD download steps and just has a cryptic name or do I need to get those somewhere? Sorry if it' s a dumb question.

Thank you
i know the guy never replied back

i would imagine the extra files wouldnt matter, but maybe you can clarify it for me.
try it using all 17 files and run the app, if it doesnt work, then try just the 4 files.

i dont understand your 2nd question.
those pictures on that post i linked arent in the guide, i wasnt sure if its necessary to take out only those 4 files.

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
gbaguy said:
Thanks xzxero,

Thank you
i know the guy never replied back

i would imagine the extra files wouldnt matter, but maybe you can clarify it for me.
try it using all 17 files and run the app, if it doesnt work, then try just the 4 files.

i dont understand your 2nd question.
those pictures on that post i linked arent in the guide, i wasnt sure if its necessary to take out only those 4 files.

Regarding my second question, steps 5 and 6 are:
5] Run Preloader .29
Press 1 twice and it should install. [Don't worry, it takes it's time.]
Enable desired hacks in the Systemmenu Hacks section. [note: if it says if can't find the hacks.ini file, you are using a sdhc card and need to use a non-sdhc for this part.]
Save settings.

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

Did I quietly download those when I was using NUSD to fetch all those wads? Or do I have to find those elsewhere?

And do I need that "key.bin" file I mentioned in my first post?

Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I feel that, I got work tomorrow :(