Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zerothree said:
xzxero said:
zerothree said:
Ok I need I little help, I think I'm going mad. I've followed the guide so far to step 5 which has all been successful. Although now when I get to step six I can't see these apps anywhere on my hbc list? where am I going wrong I can't work out how to run these next three steps.

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

7] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Select IOS249.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS37 merged with IOS38.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38.

8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.
? you sure?
they should be right there with preloader on the second page.

hmmm wierd, just checked my apps in modon.zip file and all i've got are these?
4.1 updater
CIOS 14
hbc_dopios_v7
Preloader .29
Trucha Bug Restorer

when was the last time you downloaded the file?

i uploaded a new one a couple of days ago so redownload it.

zerothree

Trophies
XP
Country
Jersey
xzxero said:
zerothree said:
xzxero said:
zerothree said:
Ok I need I little help, I think I'm going mad. I've followed the guide so far to step 5 which has all been successful. Although now when I get to step six I can't see these apps anywhere on my hbc list? where am I going wrong I can't work out how to run these next three steps.

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

7] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Select IOS249.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS37 merged with IOS38.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38.

8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.
? you sure?
they should be right there with preloader on the second page.

hmmm wierd, just checked my apps in modon.zip file and all i've got are these?
4.1 updater
CIOS 14
hbc_dopios_v7
Preloader .29
Trucha Bug Restorer

when was the last time you downloaded the file?

i uploaded a new one a couple of days ago so redownload it.

Top man redownloaded and they're in there. Thought I was going nuts. Cheers mate.

shadowstriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm, fixed my problem from before with the 202 thing, but now i have 2 new problems. By default the wii boots up into the preloader, even when i set to "boot to: system menu" and for some reason, in the wii's system menu, the little chime music plays then mutes for some reason, any thoughts on that?

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
airos1 said:
what files exaclty?

On my SD card i have an "apps" folder, with WAD manager and other apps such as SnesGX and USB Uploader GX which work just fine off HBC. I also have a "wad" folder on the root of my SD card where i put the wads i want to install.

I use WAD Manager 1.4 to install wads onto IOS249, but to no avail. I still get the black screen? Ohh and I've made sure nothing is connected to my Wii except for the SD card. Any other suggestions?
try gui wad manager 1.5

are you trying the online or offline version?

i tried gui wad manager 1.5 but still no luck. I followed your guide using the online method. if thats what you mean by "are you trying the online or offline version?".

Its weird i can play backups of my usb hard drive no problem when i load them up using HBC. Just wads wont work (apart from VC wads) I think its bizarre. My Wii is only like a week old. Could that be the problem?

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i uninstalled all wads then used dop-ios to patch IOS 53 and 55. But still my wads dont work. tried installing from wad manager 1.4 and 1.5. hmmm any other suggestions?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airos1 said:
Ok so i uninstalled all wads then used dop-ios to patch IOS 53 and 55. But still my wads dont work. tried installing from wad manager 1.4 and 1.5. hmmm any other suggestions?
get wads from another source

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm.. ok i ill get my wads form elsewhere but i doubt that will help...i was looking around the net and thought i might try this guide http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/USB-Loader...starting from step 8 that is. Do you think that could cause problems?

im getting kinda desperate
frown.gif
..i would really like to be able to have a usb loader channel!

x_fiddle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
x_fiddle said:
Thanks for taking the time to lay out such a straightforward guide (attested 420 friendly too)! Followed your online mod steps quite easily and now have the HBC and usb loader working well.

The only snag I've come across is that certain wiiware wad titles install fine but don't seem to want to load
uninstall the wad's via wad manager
then
use DOP-IOS to patch IOS 53 and 55.
if that doesnt work
they are possibly bad wad's
and try another source.

Thanks!

Working perfectly and I'm uber vaked right now
smile.gif

orion2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to xzxero for this awesome, easy to follow guide. It worked great for me. The only hitch was that I first tried the online guide but in one of the steps I kept getting a network error even though my wifi settings were spot on. I ended up following the offline guide and continued from the step that was previously failing and everything worked out great for me
smile.gif

zerothree

Trophies
XP
Country
Jersey
shadowstriker said:
nvm, fixed my problem from before with the 202 thing, but now i have 2 new problems. By default the wii boots up into the preloader, even when i set to "boot to: system menu" and for some reason, in the wii's system menu, the little chime music plays then mutes for some reason, any thoughts on that?

how did you solve the 202 problem. Mine appears to have the same thing? Can't see 202 anywhere in the list?

Hero#1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
I just want to know if there is any dl links for the online guide, because the megaupload one is not working for me.
maybe a mediafire or a zshare one ?!
thank you
smile.gif

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have follow this guide same week ago. I have seen that it was updated .. so I can do anly the 6 - 7 - 8 points to update my Wii with new features ?

DMPugh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just used this guide and everything is fine, except for Wii Shop Channel. When I go to run it, it just goes to a black screen and stays there. Is this normal? I did everything the guide said to do and followed it the letter. I guess I don't really NEED it, but it would be nice to get it running, I suppose.

Suggestions?

Also, am I safe to delete the apps that were used in the guide from my SD card? I just want to make sure my roommate never messes with anything in there.

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
xzxero said:
spartan123 said:
Eichro said:
84845382.png

Now... in this screenshot, the 00000026 and 00000024 folders have 192 Kb, but here (in my computer) they have respectively 1,64 and 1,84 Mb. Do you suggest I try downloading them again or something?

I came in here to ask the exact same question. I know *some* size difference can be attributed to default cluster size, but can't imagine it makes that much difference. BTW, I'm on a 3.3 Wii. Should be no problems following this guide, right?
i didnt even notice that question was posted.
well i dont know what to say, i dont think it will make a difference. the only way you can find out if you downloaded the right files is to go ahead and try the guide and if everything works fine then theres no problem.
Where will it go wrong in case it doesn't work? Are those IOS for BootMii, Backup Launcher, System Menu, all of them or something else?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zerothree said:
how did you solve the 202 problem. Mine appears to have the same thing? Can't see 202 anywhere in the list?
Theres a Hack in preloader called No Menu BGM Startpatch version. that causes that little chime thing.

try downloading the precompiled link again.

Hero#1 said:
hi
I just want to know if there is any dl links for the online guide, because the megaupload one is not working for me.
maybe a mediafire or a zshare one ?!
thank you
smile.gif

? how does it not work? anyways this is only time ill do this

M0rd0r said:
I have follow this guide same week ago. I have seen that it was updated .. so I can do anly the 6 - 7 - 8 points to update my Wii with new features ?
yes just re download the precompiled link and start off there.
If you followed th offline version check on the sides of the files you need to get from NUSD

QUOTE(DMPugh @ Sep 19 2009, 09:57 AM) Just used this guide and everything is fine, except for Wii Shop Channel. When I go to run it, it just goes to a black screen and stays there. Is this normal? I did everything the guide said to do and followed it the letter. I guess I don't really NEED it, but it would be nice to get it running, I suppose.

Suggestions?

Also, am I safe to delete the apps that were used in the guide from my SD card? I just want to make sure my roommate never messes with anything in there.
try reinstalling IOS61 via DOP-IOS enter the Wii Shop Channel.
Yes you can delete the files safely.

QUOTE(Eichro @ Sep 19 2009, 10:08 AM)
Where will it go wrong in case it doesn't work? Are those IOS for BootMii, Backup Launcher, System Menu, all of them or something else?
Step 6 and 7.
They say on the right hand side what they are used for.

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It doesn't seem so... At least it isn't on the list.
So what should I do? Can I still install BootMii as boot2 or I'll have to rely on the Preloader to protect my console?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need to use another SD card to install bootmii but preloader can still work for now.

but fins another sd card asap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head