Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
xzxero said:
Suiton said:
Suiton said:
Hello,

Using the last step of this guide has bricked my Wii, I have preloader and homebrew channel, is there anyway to install default ios, or update system from HBC, please help!!
Apparently installing preloader AFTER dopios is OF UP MOST IMPORTANCE, I mean it's SOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT that your wii channel won't boot without it.
?
If you update the IOS60 and have preloader ALREADY installed, the Wii menus never boots, it gives you an error --semi bricked-- (My 1st post).

Only way to fix this is to install preloader AGAIN (My 2nd post).

I think you should add that as a note in there or something.

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide, worked like a charm...welll sort of..at least i havent bricked yet hahah..

Two problems:

1. I did not complete the second last step (step 6). The reason for this is because it wouldn't allow me to install ios202. Every-time i pressed A to confirm the installation, my Wii would just freeze and lose connectivity to my Wiimote.

2. Even after it wouldn't let me complete step 6 I went on to step 7, which worked just fine. I have installed 2 VC wads ,which work perfectly fine. But installing other wads, like usb uploader gx or the snesgx, will just take me to a black screen when opening the channel causing my Wii to freeze! Could this be because I did not complete "step 6"?

Thanks for your help in advance!

P.S. I used the online guide and my Wii was previously version 4.0E

nekrad

Trophies
XP
Country
airos1 said:
1. I did not complete the second last step (step 6). The reason for this is because it wouldn't allow me to install ios202. Every-time i pressed A to confirm the installation, my Wii would just freeze and lose connectivity to my Wiimote.

I've had this happen to me when installing ios202. I had to make sure I removed any gamecube memory cards, then it worked fine.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airos1 said:
Great guide, worked like a charm...welll sort of..at least i havent bricked yet hahah..

Two problems:

2. Even after it wouldn't let me complete step 6 I went on to step 7, which worked just fine. I have installed 2 VC wads ,which work perfectly fine. But installing other wads, like usb uploader gx or the snesgx, will just take me to a black screen when opening the channel causing my Wii to freeze! Could this be because I did not complete "step 6"?

Thanks for your help in advance!

P.S. I used the online guide and my Wii was previously version 4.0E
1. try what the guy above said.
2] step 6 is mostly for mplayer-ce to support USB2.0 speeds.
what do you mean freeze?
where are you getting your wads from?

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nekrad, made sure nothing was plugged into my Wii while going through this process so i doubt that could be my problem.

Xzxero, by freeze i mean freeze haha.,,i select the channel and when i press "A" on start, my Wii just goes to a black screen and nothing happens. This doesnt happen on my VC wads tho. I have downloaded the wads from the links on your guide and from http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/, which seems to be a pretty reliable site.

What i might do is try it from the top again? What do you think? Will that cause any problems seeing as Ive already installed HBC and all that stuff?

spartan123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eichro said:
84845382.png

Now... in this screenshot, the 00000026 and 00000024 folders have 192 Kb, but here (in my computer) they have respectively 1,64 and 1,84 Mb. Do you suggest I try downloading them again or something?

I came in here to ask the exact same question. I know *some* size difference can be attributed to default cluster size, but can't imagine it makes that much difference. BTW, I'm on a 3.3 Wii. Should be no problems following this guide, right?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spartan123 said:
Eichro said:
84845382.png

Now... in this screenshot, the 00000026 and 00000024 folders have 192 Kb, but here (in my computer) they have respectively 1,64 and 1,84 Mb. Do you suggest I try downloading them again or something?

I came in here to ask the exact same question. I know *some* size difference can be attributed to default cluster size, but can't imagine it makes that much difference. BTW, I'm on a 3.3 Wii. Should be no problems following this guide, right?
i didnt even notice that question was posted.
well i dont know what to say, i dont think it will make a difference. the only way you can find out if you downloaded the right files is to go ahead and try the guide and if everything works fine then theres no problem.

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i started the softmod again from step 1a] and after finishing a still cant do step 6 (it freezes and wiimote turnsoff while dvd slot flashes blue). I also still can't install wads?! am i supposed to install them using ios 249? i am trying to instal usb loader gx channel.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airos1 said:
Ok so i started the softmod again from step 1a] and after finishing a still cant do step 6 (it freezes and wiimote turnsoff while dvd slot flashes blue). I also still can't install wads?! am i supposed to install them using ios 249? i am trying to instal usb loader gx channel.
you files must not be in the right places.
do you have any gamecube controllers or memory cards plugged in?

airos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what files exaclty?

On my SD card i have an "apps" folder, with WAD manager and other apps such as SnesGX and USB Uploader GX which work just fine off HBC. I also have a "wad" folder on the root of my SD card where i put the wads i want to install.

I use WAD Manager 1.4 to install wads onto IOS249, but to no avail. I still get the black screen? Ohh and I've made sure nothing is connected to my Wii except for the SD card. Any other suggestions?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airos1 said:
what files exaclty?

On my SD card i have an "apps" folder, with WAD manager and other apps such as SnesGX and USB Uploader GX which work just fine off HBC. I also have a "wad" folder on the root of my SD card where i put the wads i want to install.

I use WAD Manager 1.4 to install wads onto IOS249, but to no avail. I still get the black screen? Ohh and I've made sure nothing is connected to my Wii except for the SD card. Any other suggestions?
try gui wad manager 1.5

are you trying the online or offline version?

x_fiddle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to lay out such a straightforward guide (attested 420 friendly too)! Followed your online mod steps quite easily and now have the HBC and usb loader working well.

The only snag I've come across is that certain wiiware wad titles install fine but don't seem to want to load. The channels install smoothly with WAD Manager 1.4 (tried GUI WAD Manager 1.5 too) using IOS249 but after hitting the start button the system stalls on a black screen and the wii remote looses connectivity. I did have a wavebird plugged in but even after removing it and reinstalling the results are the same. After the wad stalls a hard wii reset is my only available action.

Is there a chance that the wiiware titles not loading needs a different IOS installed? I thought maybe I had a few bad wads but I've tried several different ones all NTSC-U with no change. Maybe I need to patch the wads?

The Bit. Trip series, Nyxquest, and Onslaught wads are a few of the titles that are crashing. (edit: I just noticed that my Wii Shop Channel and Photo Channel stall in the same manner, related?)

If I'm missing something obvious feel free to point it out and call me a newb
smile.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
x_fiddle said:
Thanks for taking the time to lay out such a straightforward guide (attested 420 friendly too)! Followed your online mod steps quite easily and now have the HBC and usb loader working well.

The only snag I've come across is that certain wiiware wad titles install fine but don't seem to want to load. The channels install smoothly with WAD Manager 1.4 (tried GUI WAD Manager 1.5 too) using IOS249 but after hitting the start button the system stalls on a black screen and the wii remote looses connectivity. I did have a wavebird plugged in but even after removing it and reinstalling the results are the same. After the wad stalls a hard wii reset is my only available action.

Is there a chance that the wiiware titles not loading needs a different IOS installed? I thought maybe I had a few bad wads but I've tried several different ones all NTSC-U with no change. Maybe I need to patch the wads?

The Bit. Trip series, Nyxquest, and Onslaught wads are a few of the titles that are crashing. (edit: I just noticed that my Wii Shop Channel and Photo Channel stall in the same manner, related?)

If I'm missing something obvious feel free to point it out and call me a newb
smile.gif
uninstall the wad's via wad manager
then
use DOP-IOS to patch IOS 53 and 55.
if that doesnt work
they are possibly bad wad's
and try another source.

zerothree

Trophies
XP
Country
Jersey
Ok I need I little help, I think I'm going mad. I've followed the guide so far to step 5 which has all been successful. Although now when I get to step six I can't see these apps anywhere on my hbc list? where am I going wrong I can't work out how to run these next three steps.

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

7] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Select IOS249.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS37 merged with IOS38.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38.

8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zerothree said:
Ok I need I little help, I think I'm going mad. I've followed the guide so far to step 5 which has all been successful. Although now when I get to step six I can't see these apps anywhere on my hbc list? where am I going wrong I can't work out how to run these next three steps.

Select IOS249.

8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press A to install.
? you sure?
they should be right there with preloader on the second page.

shadowstriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at this part:

i press the load button, wait for the warning screen to pass by, but 202 isnt listed where it says "choose which IOS to install"

zerothree

Trophies
XP
Country
Jersey
xzxero said:
zerothree said:

Select IOS249.

8] Run MIOSpatcher
Press A to install.
? you sure?
they should be right there with preloader on the second page.

hmmm wierd, just checked my apps in modon.zip file and all i've got are these?
4.1 updater
CIOS 14
hbc_dopios_v7
Preloader .29
Trucha Bug Restorer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D