OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M0rd0r said:
If I don't update .. I can't use SDHC and I haven't the fix made by the fw 4.0 and 4.1 or I have it anyway ?
just follow the guide and you'll be able to use sdhc cards.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
senkun said:
OK, it doesn't look like there would be any help coming with this issue in an english speaking forum with ntsc-j wiis in the minority.

And since Startpatch 4.1_JAP can't install, and noone knows why. I don't feel secure enough having only bootmii as IOS. So I just put Preloader back on my machine.

Yeah it does it's job without the little hacks but that "...can't find hacks.ini..." gets fooking annoying.

So, here's a basic NTSC-J hacks.ini for Preloader 0.29, installed, tested and working on my Wii. It has only 3 options;

- No health check
- Skip disck update check
- Move disck channel

CODE[No health check]
version=448
offset=0x813BBFA0
value=0x48000034
[Skip disc update check]
version=448
offset=0x8137E35C
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E360
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E364
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E368
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E36C
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E370
value=0x60000000
[Move Disc Channel]
version=448
offset=0x813AE770
value=0x60000000

I've decided to list it here so if you're on a Jap Wii and want Preloader 0.29 with a basic working hacks.ini, you're in luck. I take no responsiblity if your Wii shites bricks adding this. And if you don't know what to do with the list above, you're better off just leaving your Wii as is.

Now, if you can add more hacks on to the .ini, please do, and please share. I'm gonna post this in a new thread and hope maybe one day we can have a proper Preloader hacks.ini for NTSC-J right next to the U and E versions.

Cheers.

PS: xzxero's guide rocks hard. He ain't kiddin' when he says "Consider yourself lucky because you even found this guide, it cant get any simpler than this."

cheers man, i appreciate some feedback on the situation. getting any info as to why startpatch aint installing, or finding a hack.ini file for preloader for a japanese wii 4.1j is scarce as hell.

I appreciate you posting the code business up here, but unfortunately dude, i really dont know what to do with it. is there anyway i could get the hacks.ini file itself from you, or somewhere?....

also, the main reason i want preloader or startpatch is so that i can enable regionfree wii games, region free gamecube games, and region free channels. any chance of getting those popped in there too. i know i am asking a lot, but i dont have a clue about how to do it myself....

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
tommitek said:
senkun said:
Which version of Starpatch 4.1 did you get?

Did you get the specific one for NTSC-J wii?

tommitek said:
i have a japanese wii (i live in japan)and recently used xzxero`s guide to update to 4.1J, i followeed it to the letter, all the way to installing preloader. only to find out that pre-loader doesnt have any hacks for a japanese console (correct me if i am wrong). So reading the forums, it seemed like my next best option was startpatch 4.1 as it has hacks for a japanese wii. the problem is i keep getting the same error when i try and install it (loading through hbc) "getting file size.... error: -4" and thats where it stops and goes back to hbc. any idea how I can get startpatch installed on my machine. ive posted a few times on the forum, and left comments/questions in threads, but im not getting anything. i dont like posting the same message all over the forums mulitple times and creating more in the way info others have to read through to get the info they want, but seriously, i cant figure this out and im hoping someone can help me get past this problem

Yes dude. I downloaded the japanese one for the japanese console patches...

i havent made any silly retarded errors like not downloading the wrong version or anything like that. i have a feeling its more of a complex problem. please somebody help!!!!
Maybe the preloader installation prevents startpatch to be installed (preloader moves the sys menu, so startpatch can't find it)
Starfall (the 3.2 version) had that problem too.
Uninstall preloader (re-install the system menu and run Nandclean

after i followed xzxero's guide all the way to the end, and then realised there wasnt a hacks.ini file for the japanese console, i used my nand backup i made prior to updating to 4.1 and installing preloader. and then follwed the guide again, but didnt install preloader this time (i figured i didnt need it, as there was no hacks.ini file, and as i could install bootmii as boot2). so i should have any influence from having installed preloader, because in essence, i never did (reverting back to prior to using the update guide)...

any other ideas...

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
to those with ntsc-j wii's
i dont really know about them so sorry guy. im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the guide though.

yeah dude. its nothing to do with your guide. its just a lack of support for japanese wii when it comes to preloader. and some strange problem with startpatch for japanese wiis

your guide is the shit. real nice of you to help so many people out. thankyou

rand0mher0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, followed the guide, everything worked perfectly, have bootmii and preloader installed on 4.1U, everythings great, except when i turn on the wii it goes straight into the preloader and then i have to click system menu, is there anyway to get it to boot straight to the system menu? if not i may have to uninstall preloader because that will annoy me =/

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
rand0mher0 said:
Quick question, followed the guide, everything worked perfectly, have bootmii and preloader installed on 4.1U, everythings great, except when i turn on the wii it goes straight into the preloader and then i have to click system menu, is there anyway to get it to boot straight to the system menu? if not i may have to uninstall preloader because that will annoy me =/

Yeah, just look for the autoboot setting and change it to "system menu", job done. If you need to access Preloader in the future hold down select when you turn your Wii on (but after BootMii if you have it).

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Hi and thank you for your guide!
But i have a problem.
I've done everything by your guide, but, when everything was done, I wanted to play some games.
At first, I've tried to set systemmenu IOS to 249 in preloader, but it didn't helped, and I still couldn't play games.
Then, I've tried NeoGamma, but when i press Launch Game on DVD, it gives me such an error:
DVD Read Error 1101
What can be wrong? How can i play games?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
popoffka said:
Hi and thank you for your guide!
But i have a problem.
I've done everything by your guide, but, when everything was done, I wanted to play some games.
At first, I've tried to set systemmenu IOS to 249 in preloader, but it didn't helped, and I still couldn't play games.
Then, I've tried NeoGamma, but when i press Launch Game on DVD, it gives me such an error:
DVD Read Error 1101
What can be wrong? How can i play games?
if you followed the guide the most likely its a bad burn or bad media.

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS MATE,
have been up all night for a week, and was struggling, i managed to use all applications from different sites, but my homebrew channel would just show bubbles. (at least thanks to you today will be my last day to stay awake all night, unless something else turns up)

only one question, which would be really greatfull if could answer, is there a chance of my wii bricking after this has been installed, and once you go out of homebrew channel, when i press home, i get the sytem update and saving page, then i have to press system saving where it says i do not have hackmii installed and then the main wii home page, is that normal or have i missed anything.

from you Q and A, you said not to load bootmii, how do i get rid of that icon? your help would be much appreciate
smile.gif

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS MATE,

I have been having sleepless nights for the past week or two trying to figure this out and tried installed and searching and google, but nothing seems to work (thanks to you today i shall be my last night awake, unless something else comes up). your instructions were very clear and easy for a newbie like me and not familiar with the uptodate technology terms. eg....wad,, ios,,, etc,,,,..... yes a complete dummie.

once again thanks alot,

just a few questions, if you can enlighten me with ur knowledge...

1) you have mentions not to download bootmii (whatever that is?), but it does come as one of the options when on homebrewers page and the sd is not in place. ( i do not know about the rest, but mine does, ) is there anyway to get rid of that, and why does it come on!!!!

2) when i am on the homebrewer page and need to exit it, it will first take me to the last page of installation that is mention in ur instructions, and i then have to press A on the systems and it says no hackmii is intalled and my wii should not work, i again have to press A and that when it takes me to the main wii channel. is that how is should be or have i omited anything.?

3) i am connected to internet wireless, is that normall and from time to time it does ask me to update, should i do that?

4? what others software are safe to use with this installations without bricking my wii or disabling my hack,,, i know there is a whole list of applications on wiibree??

and just one more thing out of courisity????? there are many intructions on how to hack version 4.1 with bannerband and hackmii in uk, how are they successfull without changing the ios etc....? (just wondering)

thanks again

i am so concered and worried not to brick my wii and

Posts merged

THANKS MATE,

I have been having sleepless nights for the past week or two trying to figure this out and tried installed and searching and google, but nothing seems to work (thanks to you today i shall be my last night awake, unless something else comes up). your instructions were very clear and easy for a newbie like me and not familiar with the uptodate technology terms. eg....wad,, ios,,, etc,,,,..... yes a complete dummie.

once again thanks alot,

just a few questions, if you can enlighten me with ur knowledge...

1) you have mentions not to download bootmii (whatever that is?), but it does come as one of the options when on homebrewers page and the sd is not in place. ( i do not know about the rest, but mine does, ) is there anyway to get rid of that, and why does it come on!!!!

2) when i am on the homebrewer page and need to exit it, it will first take me to the last page of installation that is mention in ur instructions, and i then have to press A on the systems and it says no hackmii is intalled and my wii should not work, i again have to press A and that when it takes me to the main wii channel. is that how is should be or have i omited anything.?

3) i am connected to internet wireless, is that normall and from time to time it does ask me to update, should i do that?

4? what others software are safe to use with this installations without bricking my wii or disabling my hack,,, i know there is a whole list of applications on wiibree??

and just one more thing out of courisity????? there are many intructions on how to hack version 4.1 with bannerband and hackmii in uk, how are they successfull without changing the ios etc....? (just wondering)

thanks again

i am so concered and worried not to brick my wii and

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have follow this guide to sofymod my Wii. When I power my Wii it goes to Preloader .. it's correct or it should go to Bootmii ?

Thanks
smile.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
popoffka said:
xzxero said:
no, it couldn't be bad burn or bad media, because on other consoles this disc is succesfully loading.

have you tried the other loaders?

QUOTE(M0rd0r @ Sep 14 2009, 09:05 AM)
Hi, I have follow this guide to sofymod my Wii. When I power my Wii it goes to Preloader .. it's correct or it should go to Bootmii ?

Thanks
smile.gif
go to settings in preloader and change the boot to: to "system menu" instead of preloader.

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:
go to settings in preloader and change the boot to: to "system menu" instead of preloader.

OK .. and for BootMii .. how can I go in it ?

ASK: I have to copy to bootmii directory in the root of SD card ?

Another question, if I want to take the Opera Browser how can I do , with Wii Shop channel ? I have to hack this ?

Thanks

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M0rd0r said:
QUOTE said:

OK .. and for BootMii .. how can I go in it ?

ASK: I have to copy to bootmii directory in the root of SD card ?

Another question, if I want to take the Opera Browser how can I do , with Wii Shop channel ? I have to hack this ?

Thanks
if bootmii installed as boot2 then you can copy the bootmii folder onto the root of the sd card and itll start right away.
if it didnt then you have to launch it through the homebrew channel.

i dont understand your next question.
if you want to install channels, you have to find the .wad of the it and install it

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
popoffka said:
xzxero said:
no, it couldn't be bad burn or bad media, because on other consoles this disc is succesfully loading.
I am stuck with same situation as this person. The discs are 1000% fine because i've used them as a test on every other previous console.

USB loading works fine, originals too. Just not backup titles, gc or wii. I have begun to notice this 1101 error showing up more in threads and nobody has a real idea why if you can definitely say that the media is able to be ruled out as a culprit. I have been told it could be the laser but I was hoping it was software related instead.

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have launche the Wii Shop Channel but it says to me to Accept the Nintendo Accord .. I have to accept it and then install the Opera Browser ?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vegeta4ss said:
popoffka said:
xzxero said:
I am stuck with same situation as this person. The discs are 1000% fine because i've used them as a test on every other previous console.

USB loading works fine, originals too. Just not backup titles, gc or wii. I have begun to notice this 1101 error showing up more in threads and nobody has a real idea why if you can definitely say that the media is able to be ruled out as a culprit. I have been told it could be the laser but I was hoping it was software related instead.
is it a new wii or an old wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof