• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

senkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which version of Starpatch 4.1 did you get?

Did you get the specific one for NTSC-J wii?

tommitek said:
i have a japanese wii (i live in japan)and recently used xzxero`s guide to update to 4.1J, i followeed it to the letter, all the way to installing preloader. only to find out that pre-loader doesnt have any hacks for a japanese console (correct me if i am wrong). So reading the forums, it seemed like my next best option was startpatch 4.1 as it has hacks for a japanese wii. the problem is i keep getting the same error when i try and install it (loading through hbc) "getting file size.... error: -4" and thats where it stops and goes back to hbc. any idea how I can get startpatch installed on my machine. ive posted a few times on the forum, and left comments/questions in threads, but im not getting anything. i dont like posting the same message all over the forums mulitple times and creating more in the way info others have to read through to get the info they want, but seriously, i cant figure this out and im hoping someone can help me get past this problem

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
tj_cool said:
xzxero, please remove the illegal link(s) in you signature
you should know which one(s) I mean
wink2.gif
you caught me.
i just hate how people ask how to update their IOS's and uninstall CIOScorp.
anyways, they're gone now.

thanks for helping the noobs out while im gone.

appreciate it.

and im also looking forward to your detailed guide.
There are people that want to close this site whenever they can, so we must be careful

Helping n00bs is my job
wink.gif

Always did it, always will.
How do you think I became one of the fastest posters of this site
laugh.gif

My guide can be used on some parts, its not too detailed, but talks about way more hacks than just the basics.
I based the "Trucha Bug, cIOS & preloader" part on your guide, so it looks almost the same
I will add credit later.
smile.gif

frost-free

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude you rock, absolutely.

I'm always want to unlock my wii through software but i always get stucked on this wad hacking step, but now with this guide everything is done.

Thanks a lot man
yay.gif

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got mine modded last week, followed this guide to the letter and it all worked great...cheers mate your a life saver
laugh.gif

Now i got some friends who require my services
smile.gif

cloie74

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all this is the BEST all in one simple guide I have ever seen so awesome job,
I am fairly new to the wii hacks, so this was a huge help and I did my wii without a single glitch.
However...
I tried to do my cousins and when I got to the preloader 29 it gave me the wrong SD card type error. So I loaded MY SD card that worked in my wii into his to run the loader from there and now it is telling me that MINE can't find the .ini file. His also hot the corrupt files message when you go to system menu but I have not tried the fix that is listed in FAQ's yet.
So my main question now is, if my SD card worked on mine why can I load the loader 29 for his? Do I have to start the process from the beginning with my card all the way back to Bootmii??

themini278

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to have to keep posting...
Anyways when I go into Dop-IOS to install IOS60 after the first three yes's it says it can't find the update file.
Also the guide says Dop-IOS v7, the one I downloaded from the utilities section shows up as Dop-IOS MOD?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
themini278 said:
Sorry to have to keep posting...
Anyways when I go into Dop-IOS to install IOS60 after the first three yes's it says it can't find the update file.
Also the guide says Dop-IOS v7, the one I downloaded from the utilities section shows up as Dop-IOS MOD?
its the same difference.
are you using the offline version?
did you do this step?
Copy the contents of the 000000010000003Cv6174 folder to the 00000001>0000003c>v6174 folder.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can this still run WiiGator's Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3? Or do the other backup launcers mentioned in the OP have higher compatibility? I haven't been following the homebrew scene for a while. Gamma 0.3 was the best one last time I checked.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pakistexican88x said:
So can this still run WiiGator's Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3? Or do the other backup launcers mentioned in the OP have higher compatibility? I haven't been following the homebrew scene for a while. Gamma 0.3 was the best one last time I checked.
neogamma r7 and softchip r99 are the latest available.

SkyWalker911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xzxero, thanks for your Awesome guide. Couldn't be simpler!

I have my Wii currently running on 3.4 U and thinking of upgrading to 4.1 (mainly for SDHC support and running channels and saves from the SDHC). I already have bannerbomb and bootmii plus NAND backups. I also have USBLoader GX 1.x, WAD Manager and the works and everything works perfectly.

Your FAQ says from 3.4 U i need only to do ISO 60 and 4.1 Upgrade (and then Preloader, i guess). Is that right? Just to confirm this means that i start at the step "Run Dop-IOS v7" and follow along it will be fine?

thanks,
Walker

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you already have cios rev 14 installed or wish to have it installed,

start on the Run CIOSrev14 installer

otherwise, start on the step you said.

SkyWalker911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow - thanks for the superfast reply!
i have IOS 36 installed. Not sure if its the latest. I guess i will start there - no harm in reinstalling IOS36, i guess.

SkyWalker911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi - i have upgraded to 4.1 U and installed preloader. Everything seems to be fine - i can run my wiiware games, i can play the regular discs and i can run my backups via USB Loader.

Strangely when i click the SD card icon, things just seem to freeze - and only way i can recover is to power off and reboot.

other than this - things seems to be fine - bootmii works fine, preloader settings have all hacks enabled, and i can even save games, copy saves to SD (using data management), and load the games.

Any idea whats wrong?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SkyWalker911 said:
hi - i have upgraded to 4.1 U and installed preloader. Everything seems to be fine - i can run my wiiware games, i can play the regular discs and i can run my backups via USB Loader.

Strangely when i click the SD card icon, things just seem to freeze - and only way i can recover is to power off and reboot.

other than this - things seems to be fine - bootmii works fine, preloader settings have all hacks enabled, and i can even save games, copy saves to SD (using data management), and load the games.

Any idea whats wrong?
did you leave bannerbomb on SD card?
It will freeze then
delete the atkn (or something like that) folder in SD:/private/ (or a subfolder of it)

Maveko

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xzxero, thanks for the awesome guide, almost ALL of my questions were replyed now BUT, i still have a problem here.

I have a 4.0U LU39+ that i just bought. And i followed your guide to the dot. I did everything and apearently, everything went fine, all cios were installed, preloader too, etc, BUT. I cannot run backup disk games, USB Loader works FINE, but i tried all backup loaders, launchers, CIOSCORP, they all installed fine, i tried absolutely EVERYTHING, and still cant run backup disk games, I guess it's not the media im using because on my fathers Wii it works and on my sister's Wii it works too, although they have hardmodded Wii's. Is there anything i can try ?

In other site they told me to run IOS36 v10 and try neogamma, but when i installed v10 neogamma doesn't even start, just a black screen.

Please help ! And thanks again for the guide.

Maveko

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maveko said:
xzxero, thanks for the awesome guide, almost ALL of my questions were replyed now BUT, i still have a problem here.

I have a 4.0U LU39+ that i just bought. And i followed your guide to the dot. I did everything and apearently, everything went fine, all cios were installed, preloader too, etc, BUT. I cannot run backup disk games, USB Loader works FINE, but i tried all backup loaders, launchers, CIOSCORP, they all installed fine, i tried absolutely EVERYTHING, and still cant run backup disk games, I guess it's not the media im using because on my fathers Wii it works and on my sister's Wii it works too, although they have hardmodded Wii's. Is there anything i can try ?

In other site they told me to run IOS36 v10 and try neogamma, but when i installed v10 neogamma doesn't even start, just a black screen.

Please help ! And thanks again for the guide.

Oh, and i don't know if this info help but, although i have a LU+39 version, i could only install cios with the Trucha Bug IOS15 Downgrade.

I forgot to tell my error message, in neogamma v6 or v7 i get the same disk error (1101). I tried with IOS38 r13b and i got disk error (7 **) error don't remember exactly the number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: