Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NuBiXx said:
Noob here please don't hurt me
smile.gif

I have a LU65 4.1U Wii I installed HBC by way of BannerBomb and that is all I have installed.
I have the modchip DriverKey for playing backups all I would like to do is install a WAD Manager to install WAD games.

I have tried different WAD Manager versions and I always get the -2011 error. thanks

QUOTE(Deviyl @ Aug 17 2009, 07:24 PM) Since you have a newer Wii, you have to patch the Trucha Bug back into your system. Read through some more of the guide to get TBR and the files you need (if you don't have net connection) and patch 36..

OK I patch the Trucha Bug back into my system, I followed the guide posted on page 1 of this thread I can now use the WAD manager.

For future reference how would I uninstall this to be a virgin Wii again?
I have installed HBC, BannerBomb, Trucha Bug fix.

I think I know how to uninstall HBC and BannerBomb I'd just do it from Hackmii installer right? what about Trucha Bug fix? thanks again

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman2893 said:
I'm on 3.1u cios rev 14 and dop ios doesn't work it freezes after its done downloading the ios. Any ideas of what to do?
why do you want to patch IOS60 if your not even on 4.0?

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
pizzaman2893 said:
I'm on 3.1u cios rev 14 and dop ios doesn't work it freezes after its done downloading the ios. Any ideas of what to do?
why do you want to patch IOS60 if your not even on 4.0?
I was just gonna do that and use waninkoko's 4.1 updater but I got everything working. but for some reason I still can't get dop ios to work so I can install the sig hash check on ios 60.

frede

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
To install preloader, IOS36 must be properly patched. You didn't use Trucha Bug Restorer correctly. Do those steps over!

Yes as for backup launcher, choices are convenient.

The guide includes CIOS rev 14, if you paid attention.

If you followed the steps correctly, you will have no problems.
I suggest start over because you messed up at step 1, which is the Trucha Bug restorer, which means you have no trucha bug, which means you have no CIOS installed, which means you cant play backups. Its not hard to use the launchers, research helps. not everything is going to be handed to you.

Thanks. i got it working. you were right i missed a step :-S
I hope you can help me with this too. If i then want to remove anything done here. so the wii is back to virgin factory settings, then what should i do? is there a program to run in hbc that wipes it all out or...???

Much apriciated
\Frede

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frede said:
xzxero said:
To install preloader, IOS36 must be properly patched. You didn't use Trucha Bug Restorer correctly. Do those steps over!

Yes as for backup launcher, choices are convenient.

The guide includes CIOS rev 14, if you paid attention.

If you followed the steps correctly, you will have no problems.
I suggest start over because you messed up at step 1, which is the Trucha Bug restorer, which means you have no trucha bug, which means you have no CIOS installed, which means you cant play backups. Its not hard to use the launchers, research helps. not everything is going to be handed to you.

Thanks. i got it working. you were right i missed a step :-S
I hope you can help me with this too. If i then want to remove anything done here. so the wii is back to virgin factory settings, then what should i do? is there a program to run in hbc that wipes it all out or...???

Much apriciated
\Frede

i linked a useful guide here
check out the guide once again for the link

SSY_Goku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one question about the guide...
Can I delete the Trucha Bug Restorer,CIOSrev14, WAD manager etc folders after the installation so only Neogamma folder remains inside?

I have installed the Neogamma thing for Wii sports resort (I have a wiimotion+), but I can only launch it now from the Neogamma application? Why can't I launch it from the standard menu (when I launch it, the wii freezes completely)?

Thank you for the marvellous guide and for all the answers!
smile.gif

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSY_Goku said:
I have one question about the guide...
Can I delete the Trucha Bug Restorer,CIOSrev14, WAD manager etc folders after the installation so only Neogamma folder remains inside?

I have installed the Neogamma thing for Wii sports resort (I have a wiimotion+), but I can only launch it now from the Neogamma application? Why can't I launch it from the standard menu (when I launch it, the wii freezes completely)?

Thank you for the marvellous guide and for all the answers!
smile.gif
If you installed NeoGamma as a wad, then you can delete everything from your SD card (you wouldn't even need to leave it in the Wii). But if you're having to launch HBC to load NeoGamma every time, then you'll need to leave the SD card with "apps/NeoGamma/boot.dol" there.

As for your disk channel freezing, did you do a Nintendo update after you were finished hacking?

zork152

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

My wii has a d2ckey installed.

In looking at your steps, I ran Hackmii installer, installed HBC, installed DVDx and installed Bootmii as Boot2. I have also updated to 4.1.

What else is required on my end.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zork152 said:
Hello,

My wii has a d2ckey installed.

In looking at your steps, I ran Hackmii installer, installed HBC, installed DVDx and installed Bootmii as Boot2. I have also updated to 4.1.

What else is required on my end.
To install Cios REV 14.
Use Dop-IOS to patch IOS60
Install Preloader 0.29

nestorlobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have used the offline method on a 4.0E PAL wii and it worked like a charm.
I added Neo Gamma and now plays backed up game with no issue so far.

Really thanks dude, you are a genious for this.

However, the only question is, I didn't install softchip and it load games properly, it is necessary for anything else?

Regards

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nestorlobo said:
I just have used the offline method on a 4.0E PAL wii and it worked like a charm.
I added Neo Gamma and now plays backed up game with no issue so far.

Really thanks dude, you are a genious for this.

However, the only question is, I didn't install softchip and it load games properly, it is necessary for anything else?

Regards
Your very welcome man.
Softchip is an alternative to Neogamma, so people could have a choice of backup loaders

Rocketpink2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a Wii with D2pro mod chip installed for a long time now. I really like the softmod by following this guide so I can use the USB HD instead the back up DVDs. Can I use this mod for my Wii or I have to remove my modchip first?. And if I can you this mod, will it be any different steps or just the same?

I have tried to search for the answer but I could not find any. Please advise.

Thank you.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rocketpink2003 said:
Hi,

I have a Wii with D2pro mod chip installed for a long time now. I really like the softmod by following this guide so I can use the USB HD instead the back up DVDs. Can I use this mod for my Wii or I have to remove my modchip first?. And if I can you this mod, will it be any different steps or just the same?

I have tried to search for the answer but I could not find any. Please advise.

Thank you.
nope, your mod chip is there solely for playing dvd backups through the disc channel. It does not affect anything else whatsoever.
follow the guide completely and your set for playing off your usb hdd

nestorlobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank your very much, I just have soft modded my new PAL Wii and it works like a charm!!!!!

You are the man, I have been able to use copied games and also downloaded ISO images and burned and worked perfectly.

Keep your great work up.

Regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1