• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason BannerBomb isn't working for me. When I go to the SD card, it just freezes and nothing pops up. This is with offline method on 4.1U and a LU56 Wii. I can turn it off though and nothing seems to be out of place. Help please?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
stab244 said:
For some reason BannerBomb isn't working for me. When I go to the SD card, it just freezes and nothing pops up. This is with offline method on 4.1U and a LU56 Wii. I can turn it off though and nothing seems to be out of place. Help please?
Try another bannerbomb version

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
stab244 said:
Thank you! But it just suddenly started working after I updated the HBC for some reason...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
stab244 said:
if he's on 4.1 he needs to go to the settings data management, channels, sd card

judging by his post, i think he's going to the sd card menu thats on the main menu.

or maybe not.

ktorpil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ktorpil said:
ktorpil said:
Help! I'm stuck at the
"5] Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
The screen should trip out briefly then WAD Manager should start."

step. I did step 4 and than reset the Wii, went to system menu, ran HBC, selected Launch Bootmii, the screen shows some stuff, than a lot of other stuff and immediately (unable to read what's written because of it) turns black. Wiimote loses sync and I'm stuck. I've done it over 10 times to no avail...

Ok I've went to SD menu and loaded Bannerbomb again, the WAD manager came up. I proceeded to step 6 but this time I can't install IOS250! It says: "ERROR! (ret = -1035)

Ok so I erased everything and started from scratch. This time WAD manager started the way it was supposed to start and than I proceeded to the next step. I got the error again so the IOS didn't install but I was able to uninstall it afterwards, which is weird. So I completed the other steps fine and it all seems ok now.

BUT, I'm still unable to play NTSC backups on my hardmodded PAL wii (occured after updating to 4.2 via Nintendo).

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
great faq , got farther than any other one i used , but i got a few questions/problems
my wii homebrew channel is upsidedown , and im having trouble using the wad manager , i have the wad manager in the apps folder and can find the wads no problem , i get a ret-1 error , please help me rectify ...Thanks Bud

Ok all is fixed so far menu is rightside up and the wads are installing
smile.gif

now my problem is i used WBFS manager 3.0 to format my usb jump drive and put an iso on there
then i went to the hbc and loaded usbloader_gx , seen the screen with the game on there
hit the start button and got a error-002 .. well at least i'm close with this great community i would'nt of got
this far thanks again for all your help ...Bud

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:
great faq , got farther than any other one i used , but i got a few questions/problems
my wii homebrew channel is upsidedown , and im having trouble using the wad manager , i have the wad manager in the apps folder and can find the wads no problem , i get a ret-1 error , please help me rectify ...Thanks Bud

smile.gif

now my problem is i used WBFS manager 3.0 to format my usb jump drive and put an iso on there
then i went to the hbc and loaded usbloader_gx , seen the screen with the game on there
hit the start button and got a error-002 .. well at least i'm close with this great community i would'nt of got
Just enable 002 fix in the settings
smile.gif

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

I can't seem to find the settings
Please what settings are you reffering to? please elaborate ..Thanks Bud

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Budweiser said:
If you use GX, its under Game Load
Or in the individual game settings

You can find lots of info in the readmii (in my sig)

zaccki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just for confirmation of the 1st post,I successfully modded my official 4.2 system(updating offically from 3.2 hacked version) and Bootmii installes as IOS.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
tj_cool said:
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

Thanks all that is taken care of now .
Can you please tell me what to use to get the game from wii disk to the harddrive ...
Thanks Bud

Bille

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I Installed the Wii System Menu v4.2E, not knowing it would delete the HBC and other sys mods.
Now i'm in the process of reinstalling it using the 4.2 method.
Everything went well, untill I reached the point of installing the Preloader .29. I says "Failed to get ROOT, Current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed" and jumps back to the HBC.
Can I unistall this IOS and install a proper one, or what? Do I need the preloader?

Regards,
Bille

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:
tj_cool said:
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

Thanks all that is taken care of now .
Can you please tell me what to use to get the game from wii disk to the harddrive ...
Thanks Bud
did you read the after modding section?

blzery

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, will this guide 100% soft mod the wii after you've updated to 4.2E? If so, I would need to email "[email protected]", to receive the soft mod files, correct? I am new to these forums, and accidentally update to 4.2..

Thanks!

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blzery said:
So, will this guide 100% soft mod the wii after you've updated to 4.2E? If so, I would need to email "[email protected]", to receive the soft mod files, correct? I am new to these forums, and accidentally update to 4.2..

Thanks!
of course, follow it slowly your wii will be hacked completely

allegrosurf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi xzxero, i just followed ur guide to modding my wii up to 4.2u. all run smoothly without any error at all, and now i can play trough USBloader GX. i just wonder do i still need install miospatcher even my wii has wiikey? sory about this noob question.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering why you changed the ios70 part of the guide to installing a wad instead of using dop ios to patch it?

Also since the guide now includes preloader.Is this the new preloader that can correctly find the HBC new id.

Might wanna mention that in the guide otherwise you might get questioned and told that preloader can't boot the hbc.

hollyw00d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've never had a problem getting a softmod to work in the past, but I can't figure this out. I have 4.2U, and I've followed the 4.2 directions to the letter. I've tried downloading the files multiple times, with no luck. I am stuck on step 10/11.

10) Press left until you see do not reload IOS and choose WAD install.

I do this, and everything installs fine until it gets to installing custom IOS, and gives me a "install error" ret = -1035

11] Start the Homebrew Channel and load up DOP-IOS v8

DOP-IOS will not load, I select it and get a black screen. I have tried downloading it separately from the wiki as well, and still no luck. It will not work.

I have gone through this twice now, with a fresh install from a new download, and both times I've gotten stuck at this step.

Any help would be appreciated

WhiteWidow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to dust off my Wii since it hasn't been in use for quite some time. I originally used the Twilight hack to get homebrew on it. Its running 3.2U system menu. I used a guide that installed 2 Backup Launchers 0.3g & .01 and a soft chip loader. It has Starfall on it, and some other stuff on it. I have not been in the "scene" for a while now and want all the latest and greatest. What and how should I remove anything installed? I want to someday be able to load all my games on a external hard drive. What External HD is the best and largest to get? Im assuming that I should use this guide to get to where I want to be with my Wii, Im just worried about my current configuration and what if any action I should take b4 following this guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1