Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
yawner said:
Thanks Erik!

After that I continued to install the priiloader, though I can't directly boot into HBC from it (it can't find HBC), it seems to be working just fine
smile.gif
. Is there any simple way to check that the wads are installed and work as they should, other then noticing that they don't when I continue further?

it cant find hbc because when it tries it cant find the hbc channel ID by the looks of it (isnt displaying)

is it this version of priiloader causing it or v1.0.8 of hbc

also does anyone know how to get to the system menu if autoboot: is set to configurable loader and return to: is set to Autoboot?
i used to be able to do it but dont know if its the new hbc or priiloader stopping me
b4 i went from cfg loader to hbc then from hbc to exit to system menu but now it just loads cfg again
im thinking its the priiloader version

also if i dont have the return to: set as auto boot it just boots to system menu

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bert02 said:
i understand what your saying but i dont think u understand what im saying u answered part of the question
i currently had my wii on 4.2e already modified and was just updating the "Modify 4.2/4.3" stuff: ios, hbc getting the cios wads etc
(currently with hbc of 1.0.6) and it was the problem since it worked after install of newer version of hbc (1.0.8)
but your guide doesnt state i need v 1.07 or later to install IOS236 as u just pointed out
all it says is

QUOTE said:
Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii via exploit.

since hbc is already installed i dont need to redo this step

but i actually do since im on hbc 1.0.6 altho not in that way, i could run the hackmii installer from hbc as i did

that guide would b fine for a non modded wii but if updating a modded wii the steps need to be the other way around

either

step 1: run YAWM Multimod Batch (to get IOS 58 for hbc) this will install ios58, but the rest will fail since ios236 isn't installed yet in some of the old mod packs

step 2: install hbc (install hbc 1.0.7 + so IOS236 can be installed)

step 3: install IOS236 Installer v5 MOD

step 4 run YAWM Multimod Batch again to install cios's and patched SM

is the long way around, but achieves the same result

I fully understood why you were asking, which is why I gave the response I gave. No where in the guide does it state if you have the hbc already installed you don't need that step. Me personally, if I am following a guide for ANYTHING (even if it an updated version of a guide), I am going to follow it from start to finish (unless I fully understand what has changed, which no offense, but you don't). So follow it from start to finish and it will work.
smile.gif

bert02 said:
QUOTE(yawner @ Dec 31 2010, 01:04 AM)
Thanks Erik!

After that I continued to install the priiloader, though I can't directly boot into HBC from it (it can't find HBC), it seems to be working just fine
smile.gif
. Is there any simple way to check that the wads are installed and work as they should, other then noticing that they don't when I continue further?

it cant find hbc because when it tries it cant find the hbc channel ID by the looks of it (isnt displaying)

is it this version of priiloader causing it or v1.0.8 of hbc

also does anyone know how to get to the system menu if autoboot: is set to configurable loader and return to: is set to Autoboot?
i used to be able to do it but dont know if its the new hbc or priiloader stopping me
b4 i went from cfg loader to hbc then from hbc to exit to system menu but now it just loads cfg again
im thinking its the priiloader version

also if i dont have the return to: set as auto boot it just boots to system menu

You can try the latest priiloader, but make sure you have a valid internet connection as it uses ahbprot which means it could crash if you don't. Also, you will need the hashed hacks... The thread is on the front page of this forum...

-Erik

hackedad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I modded my Wii about 1.5-2 years ago using this guide and haven't touched it since. We got some new games for x-mas, but looks like I need to update my soft-mod to make it compatible with Just Dance 2 and Flingsmash. Can I just follow the guide in this thread without issues?

I currently have:
BootMii (as Boot 2)
Preloader v.29 (very old, I know)
Wiiflow - last version prior to narolez even updating it.
I know I installed some version of ios 222, etc, but not sure of the exact specifics.

Given this, is it just safe to follow the 4.2 and below instructions? Do I need to provide any additional specifics in order for anyone here to give me this answer?

Thank you for all your help!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
i have the same problem with red wii when install version 3 , version 4 installed with no problem

i was using v5 of 236 installer on the red wii

I used v3 for the longest time and never had issues until i attempted to hack a black wii and it would code dump dsi error out instantly when loading v3 since then ive switched to v5 and usually it runs quick enough to avoid the dsi errors.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
zizer said:
i have the same problem with red wii when install version 3 , version 4 installed with no problem

I used v3 for the longest time and never had issues until i attempted to hack a black wii and it would code dump dsi error out instantly when loading v3 since then ive switched to v5 and usually it runs quick enough to avoid the dsi errors.

You can use v5 MOD which is included with the latest pack... It is automated and shouldn't crash at all...

-Erik

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icebrg5 said:
zizer said:

i used version 4 with red wii , version 3 freeses

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
icebrg5 said:
zizer said:

You can use v5 MOD which is included with the latest pack... It is automated and shouldn't crash at all...

-Erik

That's what i used and i have had it crash a few times and freeze(red wii only) a few times but not near as bad with v3.

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i reformatted my card to Fat 32 . Then copied the UP42u.zip contents to the card .Installed the card to the wii and nothing i go to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card. But nothing the onlything i see in the sd card is a box with questionmark in it .Any ideas

I originally modded it with the zelda mod way way back never updated till we got the netflix disc which updated it. I wasnt worried bout this cause at the time we really didnt play the wii and i also read it was real easy to fix after the netflix disc.

So this is where im at no ideawhat to do and theres nothing in the wii either like camecube controllers or usb plugs or nothing.
unsure.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DjxEDxD said:
OK i reformatted my card to Fat 32 . Then copied the UP42u.zip contents to the card .Installed the card to the wii and nothing i go to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card. But nothing the onlything i see in the sd card is a box with questionmark in it .Any ideas

I originally modded it with the zelda mod way way back never updated till we got the netflix disc which updated it. I wasnt worried bout this cause at the time we really didnt play the wii and i also read it was real easy to fix after the netflix disc.

So this is where im at no ideawhat to do and theres nothing in the wii either like camecube controllers or usb plugs or nothing.
unsure.gif

You only go into the settings,data,management,channels,sd card if your on 4.3

If your below 4.3 then just go into the sd card menu from the wii main menu.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjxEDxD said:

unsure.gif

What system menu are you on? It should work if you are on 3.0-4.1.

icebrg5 said:
QUOTE(DjxEDxD @ Jan 2 2011, 02:39 AM) OK i reformatted my card to Fat 32 . Then copied the UP42u.zip contents to the card .Installed the card to the wii and nothing i go to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card. But nothing the onlything i see in the sd card is a box with questionmark in it .Any ideas

unsure.gif

You only go into the settings,data,management,channels,sd card if your on 4.3

If your below 4.3 then just go into the sd card menu from the wii main menu.

Bannerbomb v1 (included with up42.zip) is compatible with System Menu 3.0-4.1. Bannerbomb v2 (included with 42mod.zip) is only compatible with System Menu 4.2.

-Erik

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol it told me to the main part of this thread. Said if on 4.2 run bannerbomb if you dont have HBC which i dont ,it went missing somewhere?So i followed how to use that for 4.2 to get back HBC
yaywii.gif

QUOTE said:
Update to 4.2
Follow this if you're on a firmware

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Bannerbomb v1 (included with up42.zip) is compatible with System Menu 3.0-4.1. Bannerbomb v2 (included with 42mod.zip) is only compatible with System Menu 4.2.
So i need 42mod ?Or am i reading it right and have to use up42u.zip first to get back HBC?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DjxEDxD said:
QUOTE said:
So i need 42mod ?Or am i reading it right and have to use up42u.zip first to get back HBC?
You need the 42mod pack

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm not sure what gives but got to the part where it says to load priiloader 236 You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.
But instead of these it tells me priiloader is not found aborting?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjxEDxD said:
Hmm not sure what gives but got to the part where it says to load priiloader 236 You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.
But instead of these it tells me priiloader is not found aborting?

Post the entire message it says...

-Erik

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS 236 rev 65535
Logged in as "SU"!
Got ROOT!
Checking for priiloader....
Priiloader not found,Aborting mission...

Then goes back to HBC .......

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjxEDxD said:
IOS 236 rev 65535
Logged in as "SU"!
Got ROOT!
Checking for priiloader....
Priiloader not found,Aborting mission...

Then goes back to HBC .......

I honestly don't know... Makes no sense if that is all it says... It should be giving a reason why it isn't installing but it isn't...

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la