Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

RobertDownerJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best fucking (wii softmod) guide on the net with some of the most friendly, helpful and informative contributors in existence...
Update to update, system menu to system menu, ios to ios you guys have never let me down.

Thanks!

edit: Erik, Xflak and everyone else involved, I've not been around long enough to learn your names, you guys fucking rock. Please keep up the awesome work.

socalledsin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble on the step for removing the stubbed ios. Tells me removal failed. This is on a 4.3u using the indiana jones trick. Anyone have a workaround? Tried going ahead with the guide but cIOS installers freeze after selecting ios to use, and wad manager kills the remotes after selecting ios to install with. Any help would be great.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the guide in the OP, and not the guide linked to "Complete Softmod Guide"
smile.gif

-Erik

socalledsin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the guide I am using, and step 2 is to remove stubbed ios with multi mod manager. Could you link me to the guide you are referring to please?

dave74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my wii for repair, donno, if they will fix my US Wii with the 4.3u or will not touch since it was updated by my mistake to 4.3j,

Anyways, I was trying to find the games on fleabay, and found out 2 Indiana Jones versions:

1. LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Looks like a cartoon)
2. NINTENDO WII INDIANA JONES AND THE STAFF OF KINGS.

I just want to make sure that I buy the right one, can someone let me know which one is required to put the HBC on my Wii, If I get it with 4.3u ?

I still do not know what will I do to put it back on 4.3u, if they will not fix my wii since it was modded before and then got messed up.

I would really appreciate any help on this as I am a complete newB and don't know what to do with 4.3j.

Thank you,

Dave.

dave74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply, I found out that its "LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures game", that has been booted at least once.

What does it mean by "that has been booted at least once " ?

TIA.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure they mean the game must have already been played normally at least once to create a fresh save file that you replace with Indiana Pwns

mickrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Downloaded the latest 4.3mod.zip and followed the instructions in the guide but still on 4.2E. Do I need to upgrade officially to 4.3 and then run the mod?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why would you download the 43mod.zip if you were no 4.2?

no need to update to 4.3, stay on 4.2

just keep IOS's updated.

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been ridin smooth on my wii since nov 2008 when i installed my d2pro... http://www.ozmodchips.com/solderless-d2pro...ng-p-162.html... which i just upgraded the d2pro9 firmware to 1.8

i have running into some error code 002's lately on a handful of games. my current wii version is 3.4u. do i run any risks connecting my wii to the internet and updating the firmware?

i do not have any instance of homebrew installed. never used it. only the d2pro9 chip. my only concern with updating past 3.4u is not being able to play any games after that (new or old). my reasoning for updating the firmware is to get past the 002 error codes (these codes are on newer released games)

do i have anything to worry about? can i move forward with updating the wii firmware? i'm hoping to not go the route of homebrew to fix the 002 issue.

thanks in advance.

Z-Hemla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no.... everything worked fine until I got to the "Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS (The good stuff!)" Section...

I pressed right to go to WAD manager.
Then I Pressed 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them. (Just like the guide told me)
But when it finished, it gave me a message the read something like:

"? -Not Completed."
I tried it again but got the same report.

So I let it be and continued on with the guide and tried to install Priiloader, but it gave me a message that said somethig like:

"Identify Failure"
Was this because of the failed installation I mentioned before?

If any one could help me I would be seriously grateful.

Thanks in advance!

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How are you able to create the WAD files for cIOS?
I'm trying to create a WAD from the cMIOS that I installed using the recommended cMIOS for Neogamma http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219243
Using Waninkoko's WAD Creator just results in an error for me. Do you have something else you use could recommend to create a WAD from my NAND?

>> Retrieving TMD...
ERROR! (ret = -1017)

-----------------------------------------------------
I downgraded cIOS249 to version 14 and was then able to run WAD Creator. I now have a MIOS.WAD (it is a little bigger than the official MIOS from NUS, but that is probably just the hacks).
I'm still interested in what you use to create your WADs if you could please tell me.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
recacer said:
been ridin smooth on my wii since nov 2008 when i installed my d2pro... http://www.ozmodchips.com/solderless-d2pro...ng-p-162.html... which i just upgraded the d2pro9 firmware to 1.8

i have running into some error code 002's lately on a handful of games. my current wii version is 3.4u. do i run any risks connecting my wii to the internet and updating the firmware?

i do not have any instance of homebrew installed. never used it. only the d2pro9 chip. my only concern with updating past 3.4u is not being able to play any games after that (new or old). my reasoning for updating the firmware is to get past the 002 error codes (these codes are on newer released games)

do i have anything to worry about? can i move forward with updating the wii firmware? i'm hoping to not go the route of homebrew to fix the 002 issue.

thanks in advance.
I'm not sure how to fix the 002 error on a modchip, but i'm pretty sure there is a way. But on a USBloader all you have to do is just turn 002 fix on. I understand why you wouldn't want to risk homebrew, but this guide is very good and most people prefer homebrew over modchips and you won't lose any comatibility with games. If you just follow the guide you'll be fine.
happy.gif

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
I understand why you wouldn't want to risk homebrew, but this guide is very good and most people prefer homebrew over modchips and you won't lose any comatibility with games. If you just follow the guide you'll be fine.
happy.gif

boof... thanks for the quick reply.

but man, i don't know. i'm not one tinker with something drastically if it aint broke. in other words, my current setup is just fine. most games work. seems as though the majority of issues are coming from newer released games. if a simple wii update will fix the issue (or at the very least not break the chip to play the older games) i would be will to try it. i honestly dont want to go through the softmod if i really dont have to.

does anyone with chip knowledge know if the wii updates affect the use of the chip? i thought i remember someone saying they dont... in other words, i can update the wii all day long and the chip will continue to work as it was intended.

thanks again boof for your reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think