Modify and Re-sign Wii isos

  • Thread starter Thread starter masud
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 423,207
  • Replies Replies 928
Status
Not open for further replies.
[OFF TOPIC]

i did theres not much on people doing stuff r ready and the disc working that swhy i asked if wat have ppl done to their games already
God damn...he's from the United States and he's fucking massacring the english language. I'm sorry, it just gets on my nerves to see people writing things like "r" instead of "are", "wat" instead of "what", etc... Seriously show some common courtesy and learn to write your language better..
 
My only guess would be to ether:
A) Play the game and see if it did what it should have
B) (Though I don't know if this is what you really want) Reopen the ISO and file after saving and see if the change is still there.

I tried to alter the DVD9 vers of SSBX and I dont have any DL Discs lying around... that's why i asked! Also, if you replace a file, the program still shows you the Size values of the old file!

I'll try more tomorrow
wink.gif

and maybe I should either go out and buy more DLdiscs or start altering a DVD 5 Version
wink.gif


Ah BTW: It seems that you can't change the whole filesize of the Disc, it remains same, even if you replace 200MB Files with 1MB ones. I think this has to do, with how the program "fake" Signs the disc! So it seems, no probaly stripped DVD5 Version of SSBX so far
 
you can't do much with vc games yet am i correct because the readme says that it supports it?sorry if this has been asked already because i tried it already and it didn't work

Still "TO DO List" AFAIK. Dont know much about the VC programms, but if we know how to compile them, it would be very easy
wink.gif
The same goes for Channels and Firmware updates!

And by the way, if you mean: "open" "alter" or "sign" VC Files with this program ---.> GO READ AGAIN THE WHOLE 19 pages!
 
Maybe we can replace the data with spaces. hmmm back to the drawing board.

Just open with a hex editor and change the values to 00, then you can be sure that it should be correct. If you change them with spaces in a text editor, i could handle a different hex value!

Edit: I can't do it, as my PC With all the files and programs is in our sleeping room and my girlfriend sleeps, so I dont wanna wake her. I'll try tomorrow, it nobody hacked it till then!
 
Fox what i meant was to say make it so that vc games would work on other wii's i was going to try it but the program won't open my vc game
 
Thanks bailli and fox, will try 000.

edit, 0x000000... or straight 00000... ? entered in hex or text mode?
 
Hmm, I heard there were some incomplete characters in DSBX data. I wonder if there's anyway to select these characters by modifying the ISO.
 
Fox what i meant was to say make it so that vc games would work on other wii's i was going to try it but the program won't open my vc game

it's like talking to a stone wall...

EDIT: Proph. HEX MODE. you should see values for the Ascii symbols. Hm... like f3,2e,3e,fd,a0,f9 these change to 00 but you have to leave the first part intact, i think. Again, as i dont have my software on this laptop, i can't say for sure. Just change the values of the parts that say"_sys/RVL..." all to 00, but again in HEX Mode
2nd edit: Google for notepad+ freeware. if you dont have a hex editor
 
Fox what i meant was to say make it so that vc games would work on other wii's i was going to try it but the program won't open my vc game

Stop asking questions. This tool is most likely extremely useless to you. If you wait long enough, your questions will be answered without you even asking the question.
 
Can someone try missing with a wii channel using the app and tell me what happens because i cant try it seeing i don't have a modded wii ?also because my sd card isn't working write it says its write protected but its not ?
 
omg!

I'm so glad I'm getting a mod chip now. Too bad a firmware update in the near future would end this. It will be fun while it lasts.

Think PSP my friend. Custom firmwares. So we can have the same updates like everyone else, but still keep the loopholes. Maybe... Maybe...

PS. yaoluislg, please stop.. You're only baiting people to flame you. Just, read. Or try to, I don't know..
 
Can someone try missing with a wii channel using the app and tell me what happens because i cant try it seeing i don't have a modded wii ?also because my sd card isn't working write it says its write protected but its not ?
OFF TOPIC: you are really funny. how old are you? No, now seriously. I'm really wondering!
 
um could someone please try it and how do i fix my sd card ?

Please get the hell out of here!! For the love of god and for the sake of my sanity! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!! You dont even remotely understand what this tool does, you keep asking stupid questions! You cant spell and write like a 5 year old ( I really wonder how old you are!!) Shut the hell up and leave us alone!

@offtopic: Nice call!

EDIT: Maybe we should open a dedicated thread for the SSBX Update Hack! This would let us get rid of stupid questions!
 
first off i know what the app lets you do it lets you modify the iso like change the language and stuff second just because i don't spell a whole word out doesn't mean i can't spell or write
 
I'm talking to a wall! I need a cigaret, see u back in five, then again, better never see u again!
 
ok i'll stop asking questions since all i get is people saying that i can't spell or stuff i really hope this app gets better and we get to a point where we can run backups without the need of a modchip.Also i fixed my sd card i just had to put the tab for write protected right at the center.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News