Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm, seem to have ran into an issue. I have opened and sucessfully replaced the update.inf with the modified one. Unfortunatly, when I sign the disc and close it out, re-open and chech the Update.inf it is in actuallity the old .inf strange...

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you extract the file, cause i think, the info in the signing programm stays always the same...

at least thats what happend when i tried to change the files! Maybe its not working probably on my machine

EDIT: Maybe try to extract the updated _update.inf file with wiibrowser or wiifuse from the updated iso. If it's still the same, something went wrong.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, extracts fine. It patches fine, makes a backup of the .inf Comparing the patched .inf and the backup results in obvious diffierences in size and in actual file content. Using the replace feature on the signer to replace the .inf seems to work, program says it was sucessful atleast. I have then extraceted the .inf before signing and after signing and in both instances the .inf I end up with is identical in size and *almost certain* it is identical in file content to the backup (in other words the original .inf)

Not sure why this occurs I sign the disc before closing the program, there isn't a save feature i'm missing is there?

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I have the same problem, my the signing program says, it replaced succsessfully, but it doesnt. At least it seems as if nothing changed, after "Signing the partition and closing the programm.

Maybe someone who successfully altered a game could answer.

I used all the keys (though i don't know if you really need them)!!

JunTi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
junti.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PLAY MANHUNT 2 in ITALIAN or GERMAN lenguage

extract from "partition (rhte54)/sysfiles" the file "fts.bin"
open the file with an editor, find game_fre.gxt and change it in game_ita.gxt (game_ger.gxt for german) and game_ita.gxt in game_fre.gxt.
find A01_Escape_Asylum_f.gxt and change it in A01_Escape_Asylum_i.gxt (A01_Escape_Asylum_g.gxt for german). A01_Escape_Asylum_i.gxt in A01_Escape_Asylum_f.gxt, A02_The_Old_House_f.gxt in A02_The_Old_House_i.gxt, A02_The_Old_House_i.gxt in A02_The_Old_House_f.gxt, A03_Neighbourhood_f.gxt in A03_Neighbourhood_i.gxt, A03_Neighbourhood_i.gxt in A03_Neighbourhood_f.gxt, continue until A18_Manor_f.gxt in A18_Manor_i.gxt and A18_Manor_i.gxt in A18_Manor_f.gxt, change all fre_wii.gxt in ita_wii.gxt (ger_wii.gxt for german) and all ita_wii.gxt in fre_wii.gxt
save "fts.bin". Replace the old "fts.bin" in the manhunt 2 iso with the new "fts.bin". Sign the partition. Burn the .iso. Set the wii language in french and play manhunt 2 in italian or german!
Nice one, but shouldn't this Work, to replace the Files the way, that i DON'T have to change the Wii-Language-Setting, and can play the Game in Italian/German anyway?!
That would be awesome!

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey could this app work with a real game like say take out a firmware update from a real SMG disc?

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey could this app work with a real game like say take out a firmware update from a real SMG disc?

1.) Please read a bit of the thread before asking the same question over and over!

2.) Yes, we are working on taking updates out of games

3.) If you take out the update you still have to burn the game again, so no, you cant just take out a update on a "real" disc, but from your backup disc!

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx for answering my question i hope they make it so that we can just load backups without the need of a wii modchip

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I already wrote some posts ago that the file doesnt get replaced correctly.
The contents changes but the "end" of the old file is still there.

You could try and overwrite the remaining old file with 0x00.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omg!

I'm so glad I'm getting a mod chip now. Too bad a firmware update in the near future would end this. It will be fun while it lasts.

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has any one done anything to thier games like change the language or stuff?

Man, please stop asking and start reading!

Edit: @ everyone who already tried a hack. How can you tell, wheter the replacement of the file worked? Apart from the "replacement successful popup"

@pootify: Same thought, huh
wink.gif

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did theres not much on people doing stuff r ready and the disc working that swhy i asked if wat have ppl done to their games already

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i did theres not much on people doing stuff r ready and the disc working that swhy i asked if wat have ppl done to their games already

type www.gbatemp.net into your browser and read the BIG NEWS, already there is a example, what (EDIT: CAN) could be done! After that, click on the "Discussion to this news" Link and start reading from page 1. After that, you are allowed to ask any further questions you have!!

@bailli: Tomorrow I try to hex the _update.inf file instead of replacing it with an other file! If someone wants to try this: Take the original _update.inf from the SSBX Iso and edit the _update.inf with an HEX and set the values to 0x00 where the files are pointed to this should/Could work!

Anyway, the other option is to replace the whole partition with a partition of your region (Like BW2 PAL) But I don't see that this works with this program, yet

Drkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any one done anything to thier games like change the language or stuff?

Man, please stop asking and start reading!

Edit: @ everyone who already tried a hack. How can you tell, wheter the replacement of the file worked? Apart from the "replacement successful popup"

@pootify: Same thought, huh
wink.gif
My only guess would be to ether:
A) Play the game and see if it did what it should have
B) (Though I don't know if this is what you really want) Reopen the ISO and file after saving and see if the change is still there.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't do much with vc games yet am i correct because the readme says that it supports it?sorry if this has been asked already because i tried it already and it didn't work

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i tried the hack for Galaxy (PAL), tried both main.dol's i could find in the iso and i couldnt find where to make the change to disable the Error 001 Check... any tips? I basically want to try a modified PAL iso on a wii without updating the wiikey, to see if this really works! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday