Modern Warfare coming to Wii

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by dinofan01, Aug 5, 2009.

Aug 5, 2009

Modern Warfare coming to Wii by dinofan01 at 1:24 AM (2,151 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. dinofan01
    OP

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    [​IMG]

Wii owners will be getting their own Modern Warfare fix this fall, as Activision will be releasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for Nintendo's best-selling platform in November alongside the release of Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will be a port of Infinity Ward's blockbuster hit Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, originally released in 2007 on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The Wii version of that game is planned to arrive on November 10 of this year, the same day that Modern Warfare 2 ships to retail.

Activision is expected to announce the Wii port of the original Modern Warfare tomorrow. Call of Duty: World At War developer Treyarch will be handling development duties on the port.

I can't count how many times I've heard Wii owners bitching for a dumb down port on MW2. Well at least they'll get the first game in the series. For some reason I dont think too many people will be happy about this news. I thinks its more of a slap in the face then a gift. Opinions?
    Source

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Definately not an "ouch", the game is amazing on Xbox. Would like to see an exclusive CoD: MW for the Wii like they're doing to the DS.

3. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    I have no doubt you will change your Custom member title to "Buy Modern Warfare for the Wii Fucktard".

But seriously awesome news.

4. Justin121994

Member Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

United States
    Well thats good there even porting it. [​IMG] Like seriously I want to play it with my wiimote. Its actually pretty fun. Even with not so good graphics.

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    don't own a Wii, but many ppl i know went for a Wii due to BOTH its reliability and price (something that the 360 and PS3 dont have)

so if i were a Wii owner, i wouldn't actually mind this at all [​IMG]

6. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I haven't kept up to date about this game at all. Is there going to be online multiplayer for the one coming out for Wii?

7. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    No one knows yet. Most likely yes since World At War had online.

8. Justin121994

Member Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

United States
    Most probably it will. If it doesnt im not gettin it. hope it has more multiplayer maps included. to make up being two years late. but most likley no.

9. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    Does this mean that they think that modern warfare is better than number 2 or they just don't want to put the effort into putting in the wii this late in production anyway seems lazy to me.

10. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    Because they're trying to make as much money as possible. If they would have put out the second first that pretty much meant you couldn't release the first since it will be an inferior game due to the series evolving. By doing this they can release both and get all the money they can.

11. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Oh... I thought Modern Warfare was already out on the Wii?

12. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Yeah I'm hoping this game has online and Motion Plus'able controls. Even if it didn't allow Motion Plus but has online and is as good as World at War's online for Wii, I'll probably buy it.. damn I'm so short on cash now.

13. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    At least the Wii gets a Modern CoD title even if it isn't Modern Warfare 2. A game that I can play due to lack of Red Steel 2!

14. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    I played CoD5 on the wii over at a friends and I have to say, It's pretty awesome! I liked the controls a lot. [​IMG]

I want a wii now D:

15. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    For me World At War is the best FPS on the Wii (and again I must say Metroid Prime 3 doesn't count thats a first person adventure game). There were some issues that could be fixed in that game like slow loading, some slowdown when things got busy. Also the lack of DLC hurt it too, Wii owners like zombies too.

Unless there is anything new in the title I cant say I'll play it for any other reason other than out of curiosity seeing that I can play the PC game whenever. I really hope that its been in development for long for those who'll only ever have a Wii, I'd hate it to be a quick and dirty cheap port.

Seeing that its a port of an three year old game I reckon it should be sold at a budget price if its nothing but a downsize port but seeing this is Activision it'll probably cost £59.99 over here.

16. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Good news indeed. If I am honest I hoped, that they port the first one over before considering to do the second game for Wii.

17. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Hope they add new features like say something along the lines of nati zombies:D

18. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I just hope they add the DLC maps on there. WaW on Wii didn't get DLC. [​IMG]

19. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    True I hope they add DLC as well.

20. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    They better keep that splendid multiplayer in tact, if they dumb it down, I'm gonna go freaking crazy.
    Keep all the ranks, challenges and weapons and do not dumb it down!
    Also, Treyarch? Don't know, there work is also way worse then the work of IW.
    WaW was enjoyable, but I expect this to be way better.